Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I did get one, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'll try to do that this weekend.

Maybe I'm nuts but I'm really not nervous, just really really excited! I don't have any worries (maybe I should!) and I'm just ready to do this and start the next chapter of this weight loss journey.

I'm sure the nerves will kick in soon, maybe when I've only got one week to go.

How are you doing?

Hi Christine, I'm doing great! I got more excited and less scared as I got closer to my surgery date, too. Being in pre-op was so surreal! I don't think that I really believed that were going to give me a band until I was in pre-op, then I was just so happy and smiley! When Liz told us in pre-op class that no one had ever died on the table, 99% of my fear vanished because that was my big irrational fear! I was doing a lot of affirmations that it would be easy and I would recover quickly, Dr. Baggs is very positive and affirming too, and it was just - easy! You will do GREAT!

You can just put the CD on to sleep, it WILL help you sleep and your subconscience still gets the messages. I didn't start using it until a few days before, they want you to use it al least a couple days I think. Worked for me, that's for sure!

Robin should be calling me to move to Stage 4 early next week, I'm worried about going on "real" soft foods! Needing to have everything liquid or pureed was nice and limiting, I could not just "grab something" but soon that will be an option for me, and I hope I'm up for it! Time for me to live in the real world again!!

Riley

Edited by riley4183

Hi Ladies!

Christine, i just use the CD before bed. Im finding it doesn't put me to sleep anymore though lol.

So I leave for Vegas tomorrow. OH and guess what broke my plateau!! By not stressing lol. I decided im vacationing and since I said that im down 2.5 lbs:D

Well ladies! I am going to bed soon, when i get back it will be less then a week until surgery.. eek! Can't wait!

Hugs to you all!

Hi All, Checking in to see how everyone is doing Riley you seem to be doing great! Nicole and Christine you guys are excited I can tell :-). Well I've struggled but finally doing well I have 7lbs left before case manager appointment and hope to reach there in a couple of weeks. Christine you were right once u start losing it gets easier.

Hey all I am back from Africa and ready to get this process completed. Only lost 4 pounds while I was gone but at least no gain. Still scheduled for surgery on the 13th and going in for the final labs today. Anyone know what the labs are for pre op?? I guess I will find out when I go in today!!

Everyone is doing great it seems!!! And some new members have joined in while I was away!!

That's great you lost 4 lbs while on vacation. Are any of you going to the support group meeting this Saturday March 28 at the Kaiser by Cal Expo (Point West)? It is from 11-1 pm. I am planning on being there. I have been struggling with burnout and food boredom. I have had a few incidents where food came back up and I haven't been losing weight either. I called Richmond and they called me back this morning as I was wondering if my band is too tight. My surgeon Dr. Im is out until the 30th so I couldn't send him an e-mail. The scale was down 2 lbs this am - which is one I gained and another one. After talking to a nurse in Richmond I decided to wait awhile longer to see if it gets better. They offered me an appt with Dr. Im on the 1st of April, but I am not sure I want any taken out yet.

I might be there not sure yet!! So any word on pre op labs? I went in today but the line was out the door for the blood work. I plan to go back tomorrow and be there early.

Hey guys and gals!

Well I just got back from Las Vegas and according to my scale i did gain a little bit like 3lbs, but when i weigh on the drs scale I will still be lower then i was last time they saw me. So i am sooo relieved!

We had Filet Mignon, Salmon, potatoes, tri tip, Cheesecake, Creme Brule, goodness should i go on! It was what i consider the "last meals..." :smile2: Good thing is NO ALCOHOL was consumed and I WAS IN VEGAS! Yeaaa!

Ok so im getting SOOOO NERVOUS! I cant stop the feelings of Excitement, Fear, anxiety, uncertainty etc. Am i the only one that was scared at this point? I was better off before i went to vegas then i am now lol.

Well I am planningo n going Sat 11- 1 sounds good, what room?

The blood work was a lot of blood i know that:D

Talk to you all soon,

everyone add my YIM Or_eo17

Hi girls! I'll be there on Saturday too. Looking forward to it, they'll have an author there. She wrote "Fat No More" and she has had wls surgery too. She'll be selling her books and signing them. They're also doing a clothing exchange so if you have clothes that are now too big that you want to get rid of, bring them on Sat!

TINA--the bloodwork is not biggie. They check a bunch of stuff and it was 4 vials of blood that she took. Did you hear i got moved up to the 6th of April instead of the 14th? Glad your trip went well and you're back safely! Hope to see you on Saturday.

Yay Tina, welcome back! I think we're all doing good . . .MomC, you are living my fear! I have stopped losing now, I wanted to slow down when I got to 60 lbs. lost but this is insane!

Riley

Riley,

How are you feeling?

All port pain and soreness gone yet? I am on my countdown 4 more nights of sleep and then ill be in surgery!

I can not believe how QUICK it flew by!

Riley has dr baggs given you a WLS Card for times of restaurants etc. I have heard about it and think it is a great idea to help us not have issues when going out.

Do you still get full after eating very little? Do you feel like ur starving between meals?

Woo-hoo Nicole, so CLOSE!!! Are you excited!! I was super excited, but I did sleep on surgery eve - used my CD! It totally works!

Yes, I am on real food now and I still get totally full on very little food. I log everything I eat at caloriecount.about.com, and I only get 500-600 cals a day, but 50 grams of Protein. NO I am not starving between meals! If I do not drink for a couple hours after eating, I stay full for hours and hours. WARNING tho: just because I am not hungry doesn't mean that I don't want to eat! I feel like I COULD eat between meals, but I am not physically hungry very often. I am getting hungry right now, but it is 20 minutes before lunch so that is totally appropriate. I am not hungry in the mornings, but Robin has me eating Breakfast anyways. My biggest "meal" is at night, when I can eat 1/2 cup and still manage to get down a sugarfree pudding cup, woo-hoo! Now that's living!

I don't think I need a card to eat out, if I had one I would not use it. I just tell them that I am very limited in what I can eat, can I just get 1/2 of a plain grilled chicken breast, they bring it, I eat 1-2 ounces and put the rest in a box for dinner that night AND breakfast the next day! Seriously, that was lunch + dinner yesterday and breakfast today! At Starbuck's in the mall I just get a banana, I eat 1/4 of it and one of my boys will eat the rest. I used to just bring my little 2-oz. containers of puree, of course I am VERY open about my surgery and can laugh along with everyone about it. For me, going out to eat is about the people not the food (now) and no one at a restaurant has ever said boo to me about it! They even offered once to warm up my little purees!

I think Kaiser does not want you to go out to eat for a few months, so I would not ask Dr. Baggs - would wait and ask Liz or Robin.

About the port. . . . well the pain itself is gone, but that little bugger is a pain in my as*! I feel like it sticks out and totally gets in my way when bending over, typing my shoes, etc. I don't know HOW I am ever going to do cruches, and believe you me I need to do crunches!!! I see Dr. Baggs on the 10th and I sure hope he tells me that it will get better as my stomach fat goes away more, but I am down to a 16 (yes ladies, I started at 22 and I am in a 16!) and it's still in my way. But you know what? Even if it never gets out of my way, I LOVE MY BAND!!!

Riley

Glad to hear you are doing well Riley. Most of my struggles lately are not with actually being hungry in between meals, but the head hunger and just wanting something. I actually dropped 2 lbs this week - my first loss in over a month. I actually went up a couple of pounds and then down before dropping one more pound on Thursday and one this morning. So I have finally lost 70 lbs - 40 of it since my surgery on 8/26. I have about 35-40 more pounds I would like to lose, but I will work on getting under 200 first. Hope to see some of you tomorrow at the support meeting.

Hey all the bloodwork is done and results were in before I got home. Everything looks fine so it is a go now. I have pre op and meet with Tom and Dr. Baggs on April 2, 2009....next week. Two weeks to go. Not nervous at all just excited.

I want to get this done and be on the recovery side........

Christine I did hear you got moved up and have Dr. Baggs. Good for you. For me I have to wait because work would not be happy if I had surgery early..........everything is set up for April 13, and I will be off a month unless I decide to go back earlier on my own..................I just want to take some time off.

I have something going on this weekend but I may try to get the meeting right after............trying to get back into the swing of things in the states and back on a strict diet. In africa they only had rice and bean and cucumbers. So I ate what was there.........including the rice!! LOL. everyone in that county is hunger so I could not be to picky!! No heavy people in Africa which I of course was quick to notice!!! LOL. No cars they walk for hours to get anywhere.............I did the same thing for three weeks. So I think the excercise not the diet is what made me lose 4 pounds.

Also Water is very scared and hard to get so the 64 ounce thing fell out the windown over there..........getting back to it the last two days. I so missed all my liquids over there...........

So now on to my next adventure!!

Ok first off, MILK OF MAG is NASSTY, i held my breath and couldn't.

It was like an extremely watered down chalk.

Well as you all know tomorrow is the big day.. lol sounds like im going into labor, just without the kid afterwards...

I will for surely post tomorrow. Im lame like that, after i got home from my C icouldnt stand up straight to shower, or lift my leg but i was online chatting lol.

Talk to you all soon.

Any prayers would be SPECTACULAR!