Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Riley! I'll definitely stop by and see if they'll let me say hi to ya. I hope it's a fast and painless recovery and can't wait to hear all about it. (((hugs)))

Welcome to the boards! Here is a hint:) If you are at goal (generally 10% down) at your surgeon you will get to move right on to Case Manager.. otherwise, you have to get to goal for your CM appt:) So work out a ton this week:D

Swish on here had her CM appt today, and Riley had her surgery today:D

We are a fun group of girls, and we tend to get together once a month, you should join us:D

What brought you to decide to do wls? I wish i had made this decision when i was 19 also:D Have a good day!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the process and seem to be pretty young compared to the people I've met so far, so I guess I'm just feeling a little isolated as far as this is going so far. Just looking for a little support whether thru the board or if anyone is in the Sacramento area as well..

My orientation was 2/2/09

Psych appointment 2/2/09

Nutrition Class 2/18/09

Surgeon Appointment 2/25/09

Wish me luck !

Also -- general information --I'm 19 5'4.. starting weight 227 (with sleep apnea and borderline high blood pressure, my bmi could be lower).. i'm down to 220 right now

Hey Riley-thinking about you today!! By now you should be out of surgery and maybe even headed back home. Wishing you the best and hope it all went smoothly and your doing great. Look forward to hearing about it and knowing how your doing :-)

SWISHBC today is your CM appointment and I would love to hear how that went and want date you got for your surgery and pre op.

Serenity you should join up for the next lunch out.

Ok girls, here's the scoop! I was 265.2 at home this morning (naked) and 266.4 at my weigh in, so I was a comforable 3.6 lbs UNDER goal. YIPPEE! I had my CM appt with Liz and I really really like her. She was super nice and gave me kudos for working so hard and working the pre-op meal pland an exercise the way it's meant to be worked. I felt good about that.

So all 4 surgeons are going to be at a seminar for 2 weeks in March, so with only 2 weeks available in March they were booked up. My surgery date is April 14th, the soonest available but Liz said she'd let me know if there were cancellations from any of the 4 surgeons and she'd try to get me in earlier. That would be great, but I won't mind if it's not till April 14th. I'll just keep working hard and setting new goals and maybe I'll be down to 245-250 before surgery!

I wasn't able to see Riley today, but I hope everything went great and that she's feeling okay! I can't wait to hear all about it!

My pre-op classes are on 3/12 and my pre-op physical and surgeon appts are 3/20. She wanted to schedule them for as early as possible in case I get a cancellation so I'll be ready for surgery if that happens.

That's pretty much it. I got a lot of questions answered and I know that this is 100% what I want to do. Now the pressure is off a little bit and I won't have the panicked feeling everytime I step on the scale!

Hey Christine. So your an APril bandster too. We are within days of each other. Congratulations!! I know how exciting it is to have a date.

So the doctors are out for two weeks. That makes sense I was wondering why so many dates in March were not available. I think we are lucky to be towards the beginning of April. My guess is that it will get really crowded in APril and early May with trying to catch up with all the March people!! There is going to be a backlog like at Christmas when staff was out for a couple of week!! I am really happy with my EARLY april date and know the April surgery dates are gonna be gone in a flash!!

So we will be recovery together!! :-)

My struggle now is that I have six weeks to keep my weight down and lower it. The last few days I have had this celebration attitude and have not been as strict as i was before. I am so close to goal that I can't afford to Celebrate anything or get lazy!! I went back to writing everything down again today!! :-)

Anyone hear from Riley?? Wondering about her and if things went well.

Edited by swrktp

Tina, what day is your surgery? You need to update your siggy, little missy! :w00t: I thought you told us 4/13...can't remember now.

That's great that we're all gonna be so close together. So far we have:

Riley: 2/23

Nicole: 3/31

Tina: 4/13?

Christine 4/14--or maybe sooner!

This is getting VERY REAL! :)

Ok updating my signature. Totally forgot about that.

I am actually on the 12th of APril. The Monday after Easter!!

I would like to be a week earlier but Liz didn't offer!! LOL.

I am sure there is a reason. I am glad to be one of the first April appointments scheduled. I think April will fill up really quick with Spring break.

So we are all done with the long drive to Richmond for awhile now!!

Liz told me that April 14th was the earliest date possible for Dr. Fisher and that every other surgeon was the next week after that for an available date. April is definitely filling up quickly! Trust me, I asked for earlier dates, heehee.

She said that maybe someone's misfortune (having to cancel their surgery date for one reason or another) will be my good fortune. :w00t: I'd feel bad for someone getting cancelled, but only for a couple minutes...then I'd be happy that I scooped up their earlier appt. Is that horrible of me? :)

SWISHBC I might come back from Africa and you will already be banded!! LOL. That would be a huge surprize!!

Take whatever date you can get is my opinion. I wonder if some people change their mind last minute or have emergencies..............or gain weight back?

Well I am wondering about Riley and hope she is ok!!

SWISHBC I might come back from Africa and you will already be banded!! LOL. That would be a huge surprize!!

Take whatever date you can get is my opinion. I wonder if some people change their mind last minute or have emergencies..............or gain weight back?

Well I am wondering about Riley and hope she is ok!!

That would be a FUN surprise if you come back and I'm banded...I wouldn't mind that kind of surprise at all!

Yeah, I'll take the first date they offer me if the opportunity comes up, and any surgeon too. I'm sure they're all awesome.

Liz said that cancellations don't happen too often but the do happen. I think they're usually due to weight gain, getting sick before surgery and unable to go under anthesia, abnormal ekgs and cold feet.

Hopefully Riley's just sleeping like a baby and trying to heal. I hope we hear from her soon!

Hi All,

I'm sorry I missed the lunch , however glad that you all met. Christine congratulations! I know you will be banded hopefully sooner than the rx date.

Serenity welcome to the board we are a good support system for each other here and you are more than welcome to join in. Look forward to seeing you online.

RILEY!!! We are all pulling for you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers, I hope you have a speedy recovery!! Imagine 30 days from now how u will loook, yeah buddy!! :-))

Edited by reggie71

Riley is doing fine and it sounds like it was a breeze!! She posted over on the surgery stories sight...........no problems.

Looks like you found it. I am glad it went well for her now I can stop worrying so much!! LOL