Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok girls! Why don't we meet at NOON on Thursday, February 19 at BJ's Restaurant in Natomas? The address is 3531 N. Freeway Blvd and the phone number there is 916.570.1327. Then whoever wants to can do some shopping afterward! I know I will. :frown:

BJ's has a huge menu with lots of salad and Soup options if we're wanting to keep it pretty light, and it's right in the middle of all the shopping areas across the parking lot from Target and Old Navy.

Please RSVP in this thread so we have an idea of how many will be meeting up and I can call ahead and get us a booth. This will be fun!

Unless I have a last minute emergency at work (I am a social worker:-)) I will be there. BJ's has a great salad!!

Can't wait to see everyone.

Nicole, I get the "you don't need it" every day too, and I wish it was true! We discuss this in my 14 week class, and come up with comebacks to try . . like "yes I'm a GREAT dieter, in fact I have lost over 500 lbs! Unfortunately I have gained back 600, which is horrible for my health and contributed to (hypertension, diabetes, etc.) so I'm going to do it for my health. That OK with you?"

one of my faves that the class came up with, when someone tries to get you to eat birthday cake or a cookie or whatever, "oh you can have a bite don't be silly," that sort of thing, you just exclaim loudly and gleefully, preferable while touching the person on the arm, "oh I've had that, it comes right back up!!!"

I am finding my inner b&tch! :-)

Riley

Lol i LOVE the come backs!

I am not telling one whole side of my family about it..I don't feel it is any of their business or concern! They are all negative nellies, so I would rather not deal with it:)

I cant wait for us to start our, Richmond Post op thread.. however I am working on the hubby into making our own site:D

I think I am looking at a April 6, 2009 date. Waiting to get the final word from Richmond Kaiser sometime this week.

I get that if I can lose 20 pounds it proves I CAN lose on my own. My family is pretty negetive. They have this it is a willpower problem nothing else. An issue of laziness. My response has consistently been I am doing to do it an this is between me and my doctor. That sorta has ended the converstation. If anything goes wrong I will hear it for sure...............I am not debating I am 100% sure this is the right thing.

When can u call to see if that's ur date??

Sheena see you thurs:D

I am so excited to have all u to talk to after the surgery we are all going to look soo good, and FEEL soo good!!

Yay us! And Riley, you are up next Monday, OMG.. I can't wait to hear all the juicy details:D

Hi all. It's good to see you guys posting all the positive messages. I am truly blessed to have you all. everytime I think I'm back pedaling, I come bak and get a "pick me upper" from here.

Nicole you are doing great ignore the negative families those are the "haters". People don't realize that weightloss is not about will power alone. It goes beyond that and sometimes we need something as drastic as this to help us lose and maintain. We are indeed going to look hot!!!

Sheena it's good to see that you are almost there! You go girl!

I am happy for all of us! Let's keep up the good work.

Stay motivated and stick with the program. I am 2 weeks post op from Kaiser Richmond. I am glad I have the band. Kaiser Richmond did a wonderful job.

Hi Jeff! I have Dr. Fisher also. Can you tell us a little about your pre-op and post-op experiences? How long did it take you from orientation to surgery?

I have my case manager appt next Monday with Liz and I'm curious how long you waited from your CM appt to surgery...can you give me the scoop?

Nice to meet you!

Hi Jeff, Congratulations!!!!!! Thanks for kind words. It's good to have you on board our site. How do you feel and how much weight have you lost post op?

Christine love you rock!!! I'm glad your appointment is on 2/23. I get to get the more details from you. I'm sure you will be banded by the first couple of weeks in April. YIPEEE!!!!

And also---I hit the 30 lb mark today! WOOHOOOOOO! I've officially lost 30.5 since Dec 1st. I'm so excited to be a bit under my goal now and I'm feeling less nervous about stepping on the scale and being under 270 on Monday at my CM appt.

SO EXCITED!