Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks Ladies!

Christine, wow! you have done great. I hope to lose fast too. My goal is to have surgery by April.

Hey Tina!

I went to the pre-opp classes today with Liz & Robin, and I asked specifically about vegetarian eating, getting enough Protein when soy protein is so much less dense, etc. Robin says it's harder but it can be done, she says that the plant based protein foods (i.e., soy) slip through the band easier and faster than the animal-based Proteins, but you can eat eggs and cheese and cottage cheese and the regular-style boca burgers, but NOT the california burgers cause they are all grain and veggie. Seitan is good, too. She said she met with vegetarians one-on-one and she would meet with me before I went to stage 5 (rest of life diet). I have already agreed to eat chicken and fish for a year but no more . . . anyway, she was not negative about it and neither was Liz. The only thing Ronin didn't answer was if you can eat too much soy (I get over 35 gr soy protein a day) and she just said that's really controversial

So nothing came up in my pre-op medical exam with Tom today about the apnea treatment, I guess Dr. Fisher is not as worried about treating it for a long time if you have lap band (cause you are under so much longer for RNY), but Dr. Baggs is my surgeon! I need to ask him but he's gone through the 12th . . . . so I am going to just proceed on to surgery on the 23rd unless someone stops me!

I had to lose more than 10%, I stared at 285 and I was 250 when I first saw Dr. Baggs, he set my goal at 255. Whew! A little breathing room. Still, I want to be down 40 lbs before surgery, and it's within reach. :thumbup:There were 2 or 3 folks in my class today that were almost 20 lbs below their goal weight, Liz was VERY happy :-)

wow thanks Riley for the information. I go back over there on MOnday for my CM appointment. I am still at 240.4 I can't seem to get below 240. I will be so happy when I get in the 230's don't know why I been at 240 for almost two weeks! It came off so fast than stopped and won't budge. I want to be 230 or less when I have surgery.

I will talk with Robin when I get my pre op. I know there has to be a way to make it work. I guess I could commit to fish and chicken, I really don't like it though.

I am doing alot of research on protien and a veggie diet. I hope to have some ideas by the time I see Liz on monday.

So what was the physical like? How long was your day over there?

I know Dr. Baggs is out I tried to email him today and you can't until after the 12th.

SO you met with Dr. Fisher today? What do you have to do to get ready for surgery?

Ok so I weigh today and I am 237.2 I was 240.4 yesterday so this doesn't make sense. So I waited until noon and weighed again thinking it is a mistake. No I am 237.4 now.

Can't complain but how in the world does that happen. Three pounds overnight when I have not lost anything in almost 9 days. Anyone else have this happen?

I will be convinced it is true if it hold for a couple more days. Just crazy if you ask me.

That can happen if you've been retaining Water. Strangely enough, the more water you drink, the less you retain. Maybe you've upped the water in the last week and it's finally caught up with you...either way, YAY!

Thanks Swishbc I have been drinking ALOT of Water. Probably double the 64 on most days. Yesterday was the first day I only did 64 ounces. But I was thirsty this morning when I got up. I think maybe it just took my body a few days to get used to all the water..........

I also have been lifting weights which is a good thing but I think it makes it harder for the numbers on the scale to go down. Maybe a better idea after I am firmly at goal weight. I don't want the muscle to put me over goal weight. LOL. Sounds crazy that exercise make one gain weight......

I will have to wait a couple of days and see if this sticks. I hope so. I want to get to 230 or below.

I had the same problem with weight lifting too. We have a universal weight machine in the garage and I did it 3 times/week and gained 2 lbs. I'm sure that's a good gain, seeing as it was probably muscle building, but I don't have time for that! I wanna get to goal!! :confused:

So I'm just doing lots of cardio and some resistance band stuff and saving the weights for after surgery.

Yea weight lifting is over for me for awhile!! I will start that again once I heal from surgery. I drank alot of Water today which is just my habit and back up to 239 tonight. I think I need to just see where I settle in weight wise over the weekend. This has always been my problem with losing weight I lose some about 15-20 pounds and get stuck, and here I am again. Thus the lap band......................

This is exactly where I usually get stuck. But I am feeling better and hope that I can still get down 10 pounds in the next month.

Christine you are really, really close to goal weight now!! You'll have an appointment in the next two weeks I bet!!

You'll be fine...just stay within your calories and drink all your Water and you'll be great on Monday. Just wear the LIGHTEST clothing possible and bring socks if you're wearing sandals or you'll have to weigh with shoes on and that SUCKS. It happened to me and the dumb shoes added .8 lbs!

Yeah, I'm hoping to be at goal plus another pound to account for my clothes when I go do my final weigh in by next Friday. It'll have to be a 3 lb week AND I'm supposed to start my period TODAY! It will be tough but hopefully I can do it. I'd love to have a CM appt within a couple weeks from next friday.

Ok here is what I read...........to lose Water weight..........no carbs or very low carbs, now sodium and at least 64 ounces of water if not more..........

should lose all your water weight in 3 days..........interesting.

I am going to RIchmond on MOnday. I hear it is suppose to rain but at least I don't have to be there until 1:30 this time.

Hi All I attended my psych appointment on Friday, luckily I was able to see the surgeon a couple of hours after. I was very excited. I have to lose 20 more lbs before surgery. I am really going to have to get on top of the ecercise routine. I want to achieve this goal as soon as possible. Well I wanted to update the group. Thank you all for your well wishes.

Great to hear Reggie. YOu got lucky getting two appointments in one day. But you forgot to mention which surgeon you got? I am curious.....................

I am going in for the CM appoinment tomorrow. I hear it is gonna rain which I am not looking forward to. I hope to get a surgery date tomorrow.

I also hope to be under goal or under. I hit goal last week but haven't lost much since than.

Reggie got Dr. Park, which is cool because between all of us I think we've got all 4 surgeons!

Tina, just don't eat or drink anything until your appt and wear your lightest weight clothes possible and bring socks so you don't have to weigh with shoes on and I bet you'll be fine!

I can't wait to hear all about your appt and see when your surgery will be. What surgeon do you have again?

I have Dr. Baggs and he is out on vacation until next week.

I am 238 this morning on MY scale so I think I will be ok. I don't plan to eat but my appointment is at 1:30 pm so it will be a struggle. I am gonna bring my Water.< /p>

Yep I hope to get a date today if everything goes well. Probably the last week in March or the first week in April.

searching for light clothing.............I wear jeans everyday and they told me last time jeans were a bad choice!! I was eyeing my capris and and summer clothing but with the rain they might think I lost my mind to do that..........I will find something!!