Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi all,

I just got an appointment for my psych eval. Please provide me with any thouhgts of wisdom and what I should be prepared for. My appointment is Fiday2/6 at 11:30 am.:)

I am super excited. At least I have lost 15lbs and hope to hold on to that for Friday:eek:

Oh Reggie that is so GREAT!! The psych appointment was a breeze. Just about 30 minutes and lots of questions. They want to make sure you don't have a eating disorder or something psychatrically wrong. It was just lots of questions.

They will be so excited that you lost 15 pounds!! They are great down there and very encouraging.

So happy for you. Let us know how it goes!!

Wow 20 pounds in a month!!! Ah I am still only at 15 in a little more than a month. Please do tell what you are doing??

Reggie what is your BMI if you don't mind? YOu are really close to the 200 mark now!! You must have really lowered your BMI.

I was 40.96 BMI and now I am 39.9 BMI I think. They only had me lose 12 pounds to get to goal and maybe that is due to the lower BMI to start out? Or maybe just that I am so bottom heavy and don't have much fat on my stomach. I bet you are at goal weight now.

I am stuck at 240. I am being so anal and careful even went down in calories (which could be my mistake I guess) I can't get the scale to budget. The first 15 came off so quick..............

Update us when you get down.

Edited by swrktp

Aud- you got me thinking. I didn't know not to combine things. Really? What is you just want a sandwich? I have doing that with eggs and one piece of bread.

I hope that she is ok with my progess. I am right at goal weight + .3 over and I am stressing. I can't gain even Water weight and my next appointment is Monday. I thought for sure I would be down another 5 this week but nothing is changing. Seems like all the water is sticking to me and I am bloating not losing.

So no babies. What else did she stress? How long were you there? Did you see the Docter? Who is your doc by the way?

I think I am ready for the surgery and I hop Liz as well. I am worried about my EKG. The tech had to go talk to her supervisor before she gave the test to me to give to Liz I feel weird about that. I have looked at it but it looks normal to me..........non medical me!! I have heart pain off and on though. My PCP says stress and don't worry but I do..............I think heart pain is no good regardless of why. I hope this doesn't prevent sugery.

Yea she said NO sandwiches. My signature Breakfast is mixed spinach with cottage cheese, she said because i was mixing with my Protein not allowed. She said to ALWAYS have the protein first, then the fruits vegies, dairy then bread. So the sandwiches u are having she doesn't like.:)

To be honest i don't remember much, I got there and weighed in and went to talk to her, started out asking how i lost weight that's when we covered the "do not mix anything", then we talked about my test, and the question i missed was the what causes something to get stuck.. i said just food, there is more reasons. Then I asked about the exercise thing, and she said to not over exersize, she said a normal 30-1hr is safe, and perfect, not to over excersize, because that will bring quick results but not forever results. Then it went to appt times.. and she said March 3 i told her that wont work because of my convention, and she asked the dates then i ended up with march 31 after my convention. Then i went out to the waiting area and got my nurse and surgeon check up, and got my class dates. (12 and 13 of march.) The appt was actually long, not sure if it is because i brought christina but it was a bit over an hour.

Do you have a pic of ur ekg, i can tell u if i think there is an issue, the only reason i knew mine was off is cause i went to school for that:D

My surgeon is Dr Baggs, oh also we were told the drs are to be trusted for the surgery room and thats IT!:thumbup:

Thanks for the update. That helps.

Ok no sandwiches I will stop that now before I go in. She is going to really be on me about protien because I am vegetarian and struggle with the Protein. I am eating the same stuff over and over. But I plan to have my ducks in row and let her know I will be able to figure out how to get the protien in without eating meat. I know which soy meats count and what doesn't........thanks Robin for helping me with that.

I have the EKG wish I knew how to get it to you. So you knew yours was not normal before hand? My mom is a nurse and said it looked like a good rhythem but she is not sure about counting spaces up and down and said that makes a difference. I stressed about it for two days but figured if something is wrong and the surgery is not safe I need to know now.

WOw 37 pounds ................I really need to get on the ball I wanted to at least hit 20 by the time I went to see her. So impressed with your progress.

I may end up with the same surgery date as you that is what I planned to ask for. Or the next Monday after that. I am getting very excited but really nervous too.

So what don't the doctors know? Diet tips or the rules of the program? I assume that is what she is talking about.

So your with Dr. Baggs too. AH lots of us have him.

Hi Tina, thanks for your advice. My BMI currently is 43.6 which is high. I would like to be under 40 before surgery. I also hope I can have a my surgeon appointment on Friday as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Nicole congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing great. We need to get together again soon. Christine seems to be doing well also that's great. I'm motivated once again to move forward. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Reggie I get the idea that there are alot of cancellations so you might get lucky!! Good luck!!

yea the no sandwhich thing sucks:) Believe me i understand:)

Sounds like you are doing fabulous! My goal is to be at 220 by surgery day and im sure its possible, i weighed today and was 223 but i try not to get to excited unless it stays there for a week:D We are moving Saturday which im very stressed about.

If your mom thinks ur ekg is norm it probably is.. mine was easily noticeable. Also just email dr baggs and ask if ur ekg is ok, he told me mine just was fast with an extra beat, so he wasnt worried.

Well we all know what dr fisher said to christina about no cm appt.. and no classes.. well she was recently told thats not true. Dr baggs told me id be able to get in before convention (6 wks) well that would be true if he wasnt taking the firs thalf of this month off lol. So i think she meant it in all aspects, diets and rules:D

Reggie, yes we do need to meet up, id love to see ur skinny self :)

Hey girls, I'm still here but have just been super busy lately. I'm still losing a pretty steady average of 3 lbs a week and have lost almost 24 lbs since 12/1.

I'm only 3.4 lbs away from my surgery goal! I'm hoping to have my CM appt in a couple weeks and am crossing my fingers that Dr. Fisher is booking only a couple weeks for surgery....that would ROCK!

I'm totally ready to have another lunch date! I'm available almost anytime, so lets try to plan one soon...maybe next week?

Ok I am online now researching vegetarian protien options that are also low fat. I figure I better know my stuff and maybe it will give me e few new ideas on what to eat to get all my protien. LOL. Thanks for all the updates.

Oh yea I remember about the doc saying that Christina did not have to have CM appointment. The only reason I remember that is Liz made such a big about how that would never happen even if the doc suggested it at the orientation!! So I guess this was no the first time it has happened. I was hoping too but Dr. Baggs did not even suggest it!!

Actually I am ok with the nutrion class and pre op class. I have alot of questions I want answered so it will be ok. I don't get another physical and another nurse appointment but ok.........I had one with Dr. Baggs and than two with my PCP in the last six months. But ok they want to be sure I guess.

I also have had every blood test in the book in the last four months with my PCP and I guess I am gonna get another round.

Anyone get checked for a hiatal hernia or sleep apnea? I sorta think I have a hiatal hernia it runs in my family. I have symptoms. I hear they can fix them but I would be curious if I have one. Lot of heartburn and chest pain which I guess could indicate a hernia. Also I can't eat and drink at the same time or I get sick........which will help with the band........since I am used to this rule but I just wonder why it happens. Hernia was suggested to me. Might also explain the chest pain I get sometimes.

I also hear they check the gallbladder and remove it the same time as the band if they find something wrong. Anyone else here this?

Lets all meet sometime in February? Anyone game?

Edited by swrktp

SWISHBC=that is a great wght loss record. Is that in addition to the 5.5 you lost up to than? I am impressed.

I wonder why they set my goal weight below the 10%. I am not complianing but I hope that has the CM approval and doesn't get overruled. I am down 15 but I would need another 10 to get 10%. I did not ask Dr. BAggs because was thrilled to be so close to goal. But now I wonder. Is is because of lower BMI or being a bit "hippy" or is that just him?? Hmmm...............

First, I just have to correct you all on my name...it's ChristinE, not ChristinA. :) It happens all the time in real life too, lol!

Liz said at orientaion that it's not based on a generic 10%, it's strictly up to the surgeon (NOT the cm) based on your body shape. She said that it's almost always 10% but can be more or less. My required surgery goal is 9%...close enough!

I'm still gonna ask my surgeon about why he specifically said he'd waive the 2 pre-op classes. His words were "You're doing very well so far and I think you're gonna make great progress, so I will waive those 2 classes, you're on track and won't need them."

I don't know what else to say about that...that's just what he told me. I can't imagine it's the first time he's ever told a patient that, and if he's said it before I'd assume that's what happened, otherwise the CM would've told him he can't waive those classes.

Hey ChristinE I hear ya on the name. My name is Tina and I always get called Christina because people can't imagine my mom would give me half a name!! LOL.

Good to know that CM can't change the weight. I am happy with it. I plan to go down as much as I can in the next 6 weeks but nice to know I don't HAVE too.

I am guessing that your doctor has been able to do this in the past. And maybe even with you he can still do it. But I think the CM's try to stop it if they know about it. I just don't know how you could make it past Liz if ya know what I mean;-0

I am a bit worried about MOnday my weight is right on goal. I think maybe I would have been better to wait until I was firmly a few pounds below to get the CM appointment so I wouldn't stress. Ah well we live and we learn.

SWISHBC glad your back.