Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!!!

I just found this site and I'm so excited. I'm getting banded tomorrow morning, and I'm so excited. Is anyone else getting banded tomorrow or this month? I will be posting some before pictures on here after my surgery and will keep you guys posted on the progress. Good luck to everyone else.

christy:thumbup:

Hi! I am getting banded on Dec 12. I am so excited! Hope your surgery went well :biggrin:

Hey All!

I am getting banded on Friday. If you haven't already go down to the monthly support forums and check out the December 2008 forum. There are tons of people in there all having their surgeries this month. Lot's of great support for our month!

Hey Christy,

You are on my same schedule. I just got banded yesterday and don't feel too bad, to my surprise! I also just put some before pictures up as well. I would love to buddy up with you, since we are both about the same age and going through everything about the same time. I hope your surgery goes well! I just put up "before pictures" last night... the front view and side view of me are pictures actually taken yesterday, while I was still swollen. I hope to talk with you again soon, and again, good luck with everything!

Jessica

Hello jessica,

How are you doing? I'm doing alot better I was very sore yesturday. Yes we can buddy up that sounds like a good support team. I'm getting ready to put my before pictures on. I'm still trying to learn this site, I just found it on Monday night. Have you lost any weight since your surgery? Are you hungry at all, Because I am. Are you on the full liquid diet for 2 weeks? Hope to hear from you soon.

Christy:thumbup:

Hiya!

Was banded on 12/2 and am feeling pretty good so far. I'm down 7 lbs since the surgery so far.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi to the other daredevils who are getting banded in the food filled month of DECEMBER!!!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I didn't reply yesturday. I wasn't feeling so good, and come to find out my sugar was very very low. They had to add a little sugar to my liquid diet. Feeling better this morning. I weighed myself this morning and coundn't believe it. 8 lbs in 4 days:thumbup:

I'm so excited. How is everyone else doing? Anyone having any problems? How are you doing jessica? I'm so glad I found this website so we can all talk and support each other. This is a very very hard month to not be able to eat. WE CAN DO IT THOU!!!!

My son told me this morning I looked smaller and it has made my day. I can't wait for this journey.

I was wondering what kind of Protein you guys are drinking?I have the unjury brand and I don't like it at all. It has a medicine taste. YUCK!!!:thumbup:

I will be getting out of the house for the first time today since my surgery to go to my brothers 15th birthday party. So I'm hoping I wont have any problems being around the food and cake. I'm going to take my Water and pudding cup with me.

Well good luck to all of you and best wishes.Talk to you soon

Christy Kennison

Mine is the 30th!! I can't wait. Gotta make it through Christmas tho.... but it's all gonna be worth it! Good luck to all!

Hello to all December bandsters! I was banded on Dec. 5th and everything is going good. I am on a clear liquid diet and still sore but that's to be expected. I am so excited and glad I found this site. I will post all my stats later. Good luck to my fellow bandsters:smile:

I am being banded on Wednesday. I was so pumped about this with no hesitation, then went to the link on the left of complications and the link for the support group for people who have had their bands removed and, wow, for the first time, I am starting to get scared. I did tons of research before, and I know there can be complications and I know this does not work for everyone, but I want it to work for me so bad. I don't want to come back in a year and be the one on the support group for those that had to have theirs removed. :biggrin:

I am on day six on liquid pre- op diet, have not cheated until now. I stress eat and went and ate a chocolate chip cookie. Now I feel even worse......

I am being banded on Wednesday. I was so pumped about this with no hesitation, then went to the link on the left of complications and the link for the support group for people who have had their bands removed and, wow, for the first time, I am starting to get scared. I did tons of research before, and I know there can be complications and I know this does not work for everyone, but I want it to work for me so bad. I don't want to come back in a year and be the one on the support group for those that had to have theirs removed. :biggrin:

I am on day six on liquid pre- op diet, have not cheated until now. I stress eat and went and ate a chocolate chip cookie. Now I feel even worse......

Anything is like that. For 20 positive things you read, you can read 1 or 2 negatives, and then we think... Oh no!

Just keep a positive attitude. I think that is the most important thing. Believe this is gonna be what works for you. Imagine yourself banded and in control for the first time. That is what I do. I know it is going to work!

And last but not least.... a cookie??? Big deal! The diet is to get your liver smaller before the surgery. One cookie is not going to blow your liver back up. Just get back on the band wagon, and go from here. Good luck to you! I'm right behind ya!

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone is doing great. For those that are waiting to be banded, stay positive. It's normal to feel scared, but hang in there and see it thru. The end results are well worth it. I got very very scared the day before and the morning of my surgery, but I beloved that everything went thru and worked out because it was meant to be and that GOD was looking out for me. I'm so glad I decided to do this. It has been one week today and I feel GREAT!!! I can't believe what food does to our bodies, it's amazing. I have lost 12 pounds in 7 days and 22 all together and I'm smiling ear to ear. No problems and I have no pain at all. My incisions are almost gone and the bloating in my stomach is almost gone. Everyone hang in there and think about the long term. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Christy:lol: