Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

36 Hours To Surgery.....

So...my name is Brian and today I celebrated my 1st wedding anniversary...and I also began packing my overnight bag and gathering my things for my stay in the hospital. Excited, scared, sad...but mostly happy.

I took my wife out for a nice dinner and then came home and took a small bite of our anniversary cake before packing. I will be so glad to get the surgery over with. It's funny how the months turn into weeks, then days and now just hours away.

I have to be at Washington County Hospital at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning. My surgery is scheduled for 9:00 with Dr. Scot Currie. He is a really cool guy. Very down to earth. I will be the first male Lap Band patient for the hospital. My surgeon has done hundreds of surgeries at other hospitals but only a few at this one. The funny thing is that with being the first male patient, the hospital has me on the women's floor for recovery. Guess I will be getting my own room. I wonder if they will blindfold me? :biggrin:

What a week!!! Wedding anniversary, job interview for new position at my company tomorrow and surgery on Wednesday.

Wanted to share my thoughts and feelings. Anyone else scheduled for surgery on Wednesday???

Good luck Brian! You'll be up & about in no time! Although you might want to pack some earplugs, if you'll be in the women's ward, LOL. Shhhhh, don't tell the ladies I just made a sexist joke! Seriously, it's all good.....so try not to stress too much.

Hi Brian. I already had my surgery, but I wanted to wish you good luck. There are a lot of emotions involved with this procedure - most of them good!! It sounds like you are ready and comfortable with your surgeon - that is important. I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that you have a quick uneventful surgery. If you have any questions - let me know. Again.... good luck!! Becky

Hi, Brian I am Ricky from jacksonville, Fl. I am having my surgery today 12-2-08 at 11:30 , And want to wish you the best of luck with your surgery.

P.S let me know how you are doing time to time and I well let you know too. God bless you!

Congrats Brian on your surgery. It will be over before you know it. Just remember to follow Dr.s orders. Happy anniversary to you and your wife. Also I hope things went well with your job interview. Keep us posted.

If it was you Plain going on the womens ward you would be very estatic!

Congrats Ricky with your surgery. Good luck on your journey.

Brian , My surgery was 11/5/08 and it was a breeze, i'll tell you why. My doctor and staff are second to none but since you aren't in New Orleans to see them ,i'll let you in on the secret's they gave me As soon as you get home start your pain med's and your gas-x strips . Continue taking them every 6 or 8 hours, whatever your bottle says, even if you don't feel any gas or pain. The objective is to have the med's in your system so that you don't have to feel the pain or the gas . You are beating it to the punch. If you wait for the symptom it is then to late and it will take forever for the med's to kick in. Also, walk as much as you can around the house, this will move the gas and also help in healing.

Drink your liquids at least 2 ounces every 15 -30 min.

I had no surgery pain or even gas pain but I did have slight soreness around the port sight. I used a heating pad on this area and it worked wonders. Also you may need to sleep on a few extra pillows at first. It was much more comfortable than lying down for me. Watching TV will become hard because every other commercial is about food. Get your spouse to go down to the local library. They loan out usually up to 6 DVD's at a time for free. You can keep them up to 2 weeks . Just relax and heal . Stay out of the kitchen because by next week if you see food you will want to devour it. Out of sight , out of mine. If you want to shove something in your mouth keep those Blue Bell sugar free pop-sickles in the freezer and just suck on that . Oh and I read about alot of people hating Protein Powder and I hate it mixed with Water but I buy the EAS at Sam's and mix it with milk and it is great. I could't drink it if I had to do it just with water. I hope I was of some help. :biggrin:

So how did you surgery go? Hope you are doing well. I am wiaiting for my surgery date. I've done all the medicals except for blood work. I have to meet with Cherish for nutrition guidence and then hopefully that will be it. I'm getting excited. I've been trying out a few Protein Drinks. Not a big fan of them. The chocolate is ok.

Hope to hear how your doing. Take Care