Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yummy hearty Lasagna Soup

1lb ground turkey (or lean ground beef or chick)

Half of an onion

¾ of a box of chicken Stock (Depending how much you want to make you can add more)

1 can of diced tomatos or 1 ½ can of Tomato sauce alone and you cut up some tomatos and add to it

2 ounces of cream cheese or ricotta cheese

Mozzarella cheese

2 Minced garlic cloces

1 1/2 cups of Spaghetti Squash

So what I did first was I dropped the 1lbs of turkey and I let it cook up, then I added the half of the onion and let it cook for about 5 minutes with the ground turkey. Then I add the 2 minced garlics.

I added a good palm full of Italion Seasioning to the ground turkey and onions

After they cooked for a little bit I added the chicken Stock

Let that sit for about 5 minutes

In a different pot I added the tomatoes and tomato sauce and let that cook for about 5 minutes and added the cream cheese or ricotta and let that blend in completely until its nice and light red, I added some italion seasoning to that and a little bit of salt and pepper

Now to the Big pot I added some salt and pepper too, and because Im Hispanic I add this seasoning called SAZON con ACHOTE (you don’t have to add, but it gives an amazing flavor to it you can find it in the goya international section)

I add the tomato sauce to the big pot and I flavor to taste..you can eat it as is, but I went ahead and added some sphagheti squash and it made it nice and thick and yummy..lol..

After all is done I served it in a oven safe glass bown and put fresh mozzarella on top and broiled it for about 5 minutes..IT COMES OUT BUBBLY and melty like a lasagna!!!

OMG let me know when you try it because it is amazing!! I love love love love love it!!

Plus if you wanna add your own things go right ahead, but this is a good hearty yummy soup!!

Sounds yummy, I'm looking forward to it!

One question, just to clarify, you add a can of tomatoes and a can of sauce?

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Okay. We had this last night for dinner... AND again for lunch today!! It was sooooo good!!!! DH is inhaling it last night and says we MUST keep this one! He said it again at lunch today! My DD tucked in and chowed down too! She's 2 1/2 and no picky eater by any means but she actually finished what I gave her and that hardly EVER happens!

What's is supposed to LOOK like though? It was all the same color (pale). When I make it again in a week or 2, (I'm freezing the other half of the squash for another batch), I'm going to add a can EACH of tomatoes and sauce. I only used the tomatoes this time. I'll reduce the amount of broth to compensate for the sauce. I just threw it all in one pot too. Please don't take offense, I can't leave ANY recipe alone! Not even the ones from the chefs on food network! LOL!!!

I do want to find that seasoning you were talking about. I've not heard of it before but I'd like to try it. I'll have to see if my grocery store has it. If not, I'll ask our friends who own a great local Mexican restaurant if they know where I can get it. I love to cook Mexican but I'm not very good at it without a recipe. Most of it (that I do on my own) definitely is "white girl" Mexican, if you know what I mean! LOL! I didn't grow up with it at all, my dad was a meat & potatoes guy and I didn't have any friends to teach me. The most I knew, as a kid, was Taco Bell or ground beef with an envelope of taco seasoning!

Tell me how you cook with the seasoning? Do you add it to everything, like you would cayenne or cumin or salt? Is it used only for certain dishes? What's it's base (chiles or ?)? More info please! LOL!

My DH makes a really good Chili Verde, would you add some of it to that? DH learned how from a good friend that he used to worked with. Rich is first generation American and learned to cook at his mama's knee. Oh my gosh! His mom makes THE BEST tamales!!! I'm afraid to attempt those. No way could I make them as good as she does. Everything I tried would be a sad comparison! Do you make those? I know in some families, it's becoming a dying recipe. Other friends of ours, only the elder ladies are still making them. The young ones aren't interested b/c it's so involved.

Anyway, PLEASE guide me and teach me! (If you don't mind!) Thank you!

Edited by heartfire
typos