Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Did It!!!!!

Guest snobuni

Guest snobuni

I did it!!! Today is Wensday, I was banded on Monday morning, I was up and walking 1h and 45min after the recovery period. I am still a bit in shock to think this has actually happened though. It is also weriod to be full after a cup of broth and a popcicle!! The cravings are still there and I know it will take a while for them to go away. Its not cause I'm hungry its because a bacon cheeseburger looks so damed good. And I've never noticed how many food commercials there are. Also I am tired of having to pee every hour, the money I'm saving on food this week has gone to toliet paper..lol.. This website has really helped me and given me alot of really good insight and advice on what to expect before, durning and after. Thanks....And my journey begins..

Good Going, You are doing great. Welcome to the banded side of life..:)

. And I've never noticed how many food commercials there are. Also I am tired of having to pee every hour, the money I'm saving on food this week has gone to toliet paper..lol..

I'm cracking up and relating!!! Very funny!

Congratulations!!! Glad it all went so well. Here you go!!!!!

Guest snobuni

The doc never told me, or if he did I was to high on morphine to comprehend, but when I shower, do I remove the bandages on my incisions??

No Keep them on until he tells you to take them off. I had mine on from Thursday until Sunday and then I was able to take them off. Then I went to him on the following wednesday after surgery and they took the staples out.

Angie

Guest snobuni

ok thaks i was a bit confused!! lol, (and high) lmao

I'm glad you are doing well. Follow the dr.'s orders; rest, walk, rest. Thinking about you and wishing you the best! Cindy

The doc never told me, or if he did I was to high on morphine to comprehend, but when I shower, do I remove the bandages on my incisions??

If they are steri-strips, leave them on. Please remove and replace bandaids or gauze pads or anything that stays wet...you don't want wet covers over your incisions! I'm sure you know this. But if it's steri-strips, like Angie said, they stay.

Congrats!! I agree, tooo many food commercials and I am on my 2 week liquid pre-op diet still. I have mine 7-27 and hope to sound and feel as good as you. Let's look at our long term goal and the rumblings are weight falling off!!

Anxious to keep hearing how it is going.

R U just SIPPING the liquids, small sips? Do you feel thirsty much?

I am a big drinker(H2O guys) and hope I don't hurry it.

Here's to your fast recovery.

Yay, you DID it! That was such a huge step! Big congratulations!!!!!!!!

Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk.....best advice I ever got right here at LBT!!