Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

to be banded at christmas

hi all-

Im 22 and from the UK (male)- my weight is 300 and i am looking to loose 80-100lbs over the next year or two -

i am being banded in 3 weeks and will be posting here a lot to keep motivated and in contact .

i am being banded just before christmas (so will be on liquids not turkey!!:wink2:)

I didnt want to have to resort to such a drastic method - but i finally came to the realisation that i am not going to win this fight unaided- ive lost and gained weight for years but never got it under control and last year i peaked at 320lbs - i got down 20 or so - but i need to drop a lot more.

but with the help of the band - and my full effort- we just may!! - obviouslty i have to do the work - but its "do-able" with the band- its not all that "do-able" without

the early 20's are supposed to be the most active and fun years - but i was begining to feel like an old man - sleeping a lot - low energy- low sex drive- over eating- feeling down and worrying about the future..... and all cause of my weight -

- every other aspect of my life im very happy with.,, (friends/family/education/accomplishments/etc etc)

since i have been confirmed for the Opp i feel like a weights off my shoulder as i know that even though im big now - ive a real chance of getting out of this for good.....which i never really felt before - even when dieting.

Ive been lucky in that i didnt really look noticably over weight at all until i hit 240-250 becuase of my height, strong build and (half decent) looks. so i think the first 50 lbs will make a huge difference and ill be happy to settle at 210 for life.(with 188 being my listed "ideal" - but not accounting for my strong frame - i do lots of weight lifting/rugby)

One question i would like to ask is - who did you tell and how did you tell them -

(i dont want many people to know - to begin with atleast....)

very excited and not at all nervious (yet)

:(:thumbup:

my very warmest regards

TF

Hey there! I'm getting banded on 12/23. I'm really excited. I've been gathering tons of receipes together and reading everything I can.

I'm 43 and I totally understand about the pounds creaping up. I'm 5'9 and a large frame so my weight didn't didn't really show much until I creasted 260ish.

I've choosen to tell my friends, family and co-workers about my lap band decision. When I explain it I do stress that it is a tool and it will be work, just the band will make the work a bit easier and unlike all those other times I worked at loosing weight this time I will keep it off with the help of the band.

I'm very fortunate to have wonderful people in my life that are supportive (life is too short to have bad people and their negative energy around me)

I would say what you say and who you choose to tell is your personal decision...much like being banded.