Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchin into the holidays: Dec 08

Carol,

You're new addition and the momma are in my thoughts.

Congrats. Try to get some sleep.

Tab,

Hope you made it to the gym. Work off those chips!

Well, Sophia arrived around 9am and doing great. She weight 7lbs and 7oz and is 21 inches long. She is so cute. They wrapped her in a huge Christmas stocking.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Carol

Hi Everyone!!!

How's everyone doing after the weekend??

Weekend was tough foodwise for me since I had to eat out so much - the great news is that I still managed to lose this week. I didnt meet my goal of working out 5 times last week but I am proud to have worked out 4 times. In addition, I somehow managed to get my workout in this morning, starting the week on the right track.

'Hope everyone is well!!!

Well gal;s you know how I wrote awhile ago that I will be on CNN as the woman that is naked with no clothes because nothing fits.

Well, I can say I am back in my clothes again Yeah! Thank heavens.

It is so weird I have only dropped a few lb's but definitely dropped inches. I barley remember but I think that you rotate back and forth between burning lbs, and dropping inches. Does this ring a bell you guys?

I am building muscles.

Julie, My husband and I just looked at your pictures in awe! Your amazing.

Tabithan, I buy premade frozen steel cut oatmeal from Trader Joe's and put raisins, cinnamon, and sliced bananas in it, it is sooo filling and gets me through . I love it.

Carol, Mazel Tov on baby Sophia!

Mammma Lambert, sounds like you have Christma under control. Size 14 that is awesome that is my goal, I will be thrilled when I get to that size. it is truly a dream come true.

I told my story at a informational bariatric group, I must have been effective because they asked a lot of questions. The nurse, the dietitian, and even hubby had tears in his eyes. My doctor is amazing he suggested I telll my story so others will know what could possibley happen to them. I would think most doc's would want to cover it up. But no.

regards for know

Janine,

Sounds as if your doing very well. I very proud of for telling your story. I don't think I would have the nerve to stand up before a crowd and talk about this. Way to go and keep up the good work.

Carol

Janine,

Bless your heart. Thanks.

As for telling your story, girl you have quite a story to tell and your doctor is smart and good for wanting people to be warned. Information is power.

Also rock on getting back into your clothing. Glad your not running around northing Michigan nakkit. That might be a little chilly at this point.

Keep rocking the weight loss/inches down!

J

Hi All, just checking in. Hope Everyone will have a joyous X-Mas. Hope everyone wll report good news. Haven't lost any more weight really. Just the amt. I gained the last few weeks. I found out that eating a small snack in the afternoons put weight on me. So, I've cut the snack of a small meal in the pm.

I've increased my exercise time to 4 - 5 times a week. Trying different machines at the gym and I'm loving it. I'm addicted to getting to the gym now. Hope this continue into and past the New Year. I've lost 1/2 in. off my hips and building/toning muscles. I like the way my shoulders are looking. Not drooping anymore. And my wings are not jiggling much. I have 3-4 wiggles and not 5 and more like before.

Now if I can only get to goal by March. 30lbs. That would be a miracle. Atleast 20lbs to be under 200lb. But, I will be there by Summer. I'm looking forward to getting new clothes for Spring and Summer.

Well, that's enough about me. What's about you?

Good for you Gwen. Its a very busy time for everyone and you seem to be doing so good at getting to the gym.

Happy holidays to everyone. Hope Santa brings everything we all want(to lose more lbs this year).

Carol

Hi All, just checking in and want to give you a little health update. I recently suffered with a case of "Benign Vertigo". By recently "Christmas Day". You can read some of the definition of this and be sure to research it for yourself.

Here is what happened. I'll try not to make this so lengthy. It gradually started Thursday morning. I did manage to fix my part of x-mas dinner. I had trouble sitting up, then standing, then moving and walking. It was that sensation of getting up to fast, eating something that doesn't agree w/ you and nausea. It was just a horrible feeling. Having a lose of control of you feelings and sensation.

At the hospital I was given a blood test for diabetes, ekg, ct scan and chest x-ray. All came back negative. They also tested for ketones, " blood sugar drops after a low-carbohydrate meal, the hormone glucagon is released which causes triglycerides to be released from the body's store of fat. This is not good. I've not been eating carbs a lot for they are my downfall to gaining and keeping weight on.

2. Ketones are normally present in the bloodstreamWhen my blood sugar drops after a low-carbohydrate meal, the hormone glucagon is released which causes triglycerides to be released from my body's store of fat. Meanwhile, the free fatty acids are cut into two- and four-carbon fragments called ketones or ketone bodies. Ketones are normally present in the bloodstream.

I was also given an IV for I was dehyrated. I only had one bag of fluids. And given a few test for exams of how bad was the vertigo. It wasn't a hard or painful test, it was just my reaction to the testing. It was more of a discomfort not pain.

He turned my head left and right for 30 seconds then had me sit up. It was the level of how far I could sit up and and the pain I experienced that indicated the level of the vertigo.

The doctor explained that the inner balance of my inner ear canals were blocked (by what could be described as stones)was throwing my balance off.

Certain tests such as blood tests, CT scan, or electrocardiogram (ECG) may be ordered to confirm the diagnosis of vertigo.

Pathology. not malignant; self-limiting

Having little or no detrimental effect; not dangerous to health; not recurrent or progressive (especially of a tumor) [ant: malignant]

benign [(bi-neyen)]

A descriptive term for conditions that present no danger to life or well-being. Benign is the opposite of malignant.

Note
: The term
benign
is used when describing
or growths that do not threaten the health of an individual.

I'll stop here, but you can get the jest of what happened to me. I hope this wasn't to confusing. Just be careful of your nutritional intake. Cutting back on somethings are not as healthful when losing weight. It's something you just have to modify, limit or find something else compatible to take.

Edited by Whitepants

Gwen,

Sorry you felt so bad Christmas day. Do they think its because you are not eating enough carbs? Vertigo is so terrible.

Hope you feel better. I know you will be drink more Fluid also. Take care,keep us informed.

Carol

Sorry all I haven't been on in so long my internet is down and I have been struggling with a stubborn stomach bug for the past two weeks. Also just foubd out I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled abd my asthma almost sent me to the hospital 3 times this week.

Hi my sickly Marchies.

I say that with a smile. If it's not one thing it's another, no?

I hope you all a good 2009 with improved health and continued weight loss.

Gwen, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with your balance and are having bad effects from eliminating carbs from you diet.

Jeni, Ugh, stomach and asthema, and wisdom teeth. How super unfair is that? You'll be getting better soon, I'm sure. Keep your spirits up as best you can through out the duration. You'll be 100% soon.

I'm doing what I never thought I'd have to do again and that's make a new committment to eating better at the new year. I thought all that was behind me with the band. However, if I look at it from a positive POV, I'm going from good to better. Not horrible to slightly improved.

I really want to remove all processed food from what I eat. The biggest challenge will be the hazelnut Creamer from my coffee. Isn't that something? Not candy or Cookies, because as much as I do like me some sugar, I know that can be put aside for long periods of time. The coffee always gets me!

Wish me luck. I'm wishing you all a wonderful winter season.

XO Juli