Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Mad And Confused

:) SO CHECK THIS OUT. I CALLED MY SURGEONS OFFICE YESTERDAY TO SEE HOW THINGS ARE MOVING ALONG. THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR TOLD ME MY APPROVAL HAS NOT BEEN RECIEVED YET AND SHE ALSO ASKED ME IF IT WOULD BE HARD FOR ME TO RESCHEDULE MY SURGERY DATE FOR THE 4TH OF AUGUST. I SPOKE WITH HER TODAY AND SHE SAID SHE RECIEVED MY APPROVAL AND ASKED ME AGAIN IF I COULD RESIDUAL MY SURGERY TO THE 4TH. YESTERDAYS EXECUSE WAS HE WOULD NOT HAVE AN ASSISTANT AND TODAY IT WAS BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE A BAND FOR ME. WHEN I WENT FOR THE APOINTMENT ON THE 7TH TO SCHEDULE THE SURGERY WITH THEM SHE ALSO TOLD ME I COULD GO AS EARLY AS THE 20TH OF JULY BUT IT WAS DEFINATLY FOR THE 27TH. DON'T THEY TELL YOU THIS IS TO BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUS? WELL THEN WHY THE FLUKEN LUCKEN ARE THE PALYING GAMES WITH ME? SO SHE TOLD ME WE WOULD TOUCH BASE AT THE END OF THE WEEK. I CAN'T KEEP REARRANGING MY LIFE AROUND THEM. IS THIS A SIGN THAT I SHOULD NOY BE DOING THIS LIFE CHANGING EVENT??????? :) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't think it's a sign that you shouldn't be getting the band, but maybe you just chose the wrong doctor. It can be frustrating with all the obstacles that can and will get in the way before surgery. Add that with the anxieties and fears you have and it leaves us all with doubts. I am 6 weeks post op and as of last week was down 14 lbs. It was the best decision I've ever made. Be prepared, you're going to go through ups and downs about whether the surgery was worth it, but in the end, you'll be glad you did it!!!

Tricia

Some surgeons and doctor's offices just lack empathy and don't seem to care if you are inconvenienced. I don't understand how they get that attitude considering the price they are getting paid but from what I have seen poor customer service is fairly common with surgeons. Many lack bedside manner as well. I have had wonderful doctors and surgeons and I have had crappy mannered ones. The fill doctor I was seeing (before he lost his bariatric insurance) was a wonderful sweet doctor but I detested his office staff. They were always rude and made it quite clear there only concern was getting paid. If you are confident with your surgeon choice than I suggest you keep him and you may have to change that date and deal with a lot of crap later when you schedule fills. Check to see what their fill scheduling is like and what the process consists of. Will you get free fills for a year? Are they with flouro? Do they do the barium swallow when/if they use flouro? Those are all things to consider. Best of luck and best wishes, Teresa

If you trust your doctor and think that he's worth the wait, then worst case, you just delay your surgery by a couple of weeks. I know the anticipation is nerve racking, but if you really believe in this guy, then it'll be worth the wait.

It's kind of weird that it took us all years to put on the weight, but we are all impatient when it comes to having our surgeries and then how fast we lose the weight--at least I am!!! Good luck!!;-)

Tricia H

CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS:banana :banana :banana :banana I THINK FOR SOME REASON THAT MIGHT BE TRUE. I HATE THE WAY SOCIETY THINKS THEY ARE ENTITLED TO TREAT US FAT PEOPLE. I ALWAYS SAY NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER BUT BY ITS PAGES. I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL THOSE FLUKEN LUCKEN PEOPLE TO GO TO H*LL..

My Husband Is A Firefighter And A Paramedic. I Have Three Children 9,7,3 So Life Is Busy. I Also Started A New Job In March And Just Got A Pretty Raise Last Week. I Need To Schedule The Kids For Camp And Find Someone To Watch My 3 Year Old [hopefully My Mom] My Mom Is Not In The Best Of Health And My Dad Started A New Job Yesterday. My Husbands Family We Don't Talk To And His Mom Passed Away Of Cancer This Past January. My Husband Was Called Into The Cheifs Office And Told He Couldn't Take Anymore Time Off This Year. Since He Has Been On The Job 7 Years He Has Had To Take Time Off For 3 Deaths 3 Surgeries My Daughter In The Hospital 2 Near Death Experiences For My Mom Our New Baby Our Marriage Falling Apart And Me Being In The Hospital. My Brother And His Family Are Leaving For Tennessee On The 8th Of August For Good. So My Husband Has Lined Up The Coverage For The Operation On The 27th And Scheduled His Shifts On The Ambulance At Night Around My Surgery. So Sorry For My Pb And I Haven't Even Been Banded Yet. Thanks For The Ears And Eyes. God Bless You Bandster Babes :):) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jennifer

My doctor's office did something similar to me after surgery. I was supposed to schedule a one week post-op appointment. When I called to schedule on Monday (didn't get released until Friday after office hours), they told me they were completely full and couldn't fit me in for 3 weeks!!! I explained that if he was soooo busy, then perhaps he should put a halt on performing more surgeries until he finished taking care of the patients who had already had surgeries (and paid him). Then, the office manager got on the phone and put me on a one hour standby. I had to sit by the phone and wait for them to call, then I had one hour to get there!!! Can you believe that sh*t?!

I got the phone call and went to the office ready to tell him what I thought of his policies and learned that he performs surgeries on Thursdays and won't let his office staff schedule any appointments and will only see follow-up patients until he's out of surgery. Sometimes surgeries take longer than anticipated and he doesn't want his patients waiting in his office for hours!! Turns out, one of his surgeries on that day took two hours longer than expected so he saved me time by working this way. Boy did I feel like an @ss!!! The first office clerk I spoke to didn't know why she couldn't schedule me (she was new) and didn't know that little detail!!

Tricia H

I was approved for surgery back at the beginning of May, but they asked me to be a particular surgeons first patient. Maybe I was nuts, and I've always have a problem with the disease to please, but I said yes. They set my surgery 2 and a half months out so that they could get another patient lined up for the same day. I was totally disappointed, so the nurse promised to do everything she could to get another patient sooner and move my date up. She then ignored my repeated emails and phone calls. The end result - they called last week and told me that they never did find another patient so the more experienced surgeon will be performing the surgery. So basically, I waited for nothing.

I'm so mad at myself for being a pushover and for letting them play with my health. I've had two back surgeries this past year and my neurosurgeon told me it was imperative to lose weight as soon as possible, so putting the surgery off for almost 3 months was not exactly in my best interest.

The good news is, my surgery date is FINALLY around the corner (July 26th) and I'll be having the procedure done by a more experienced surgeon. I also considered giving up, and I'm so glad I didn't. It has been a really long road, but don't give up now! I myself plan on sending a nasty letter to the Chief of Staff and copying the Surgery Department Chairperson, Credentialing Committee Chairperson, and Patient Relations. Can you tell I used to work in a hospital...? Of course, I don't want to piss them off before the surgery, lol.

Sorry to go on and on, but it feels so good to vent. Good luck with your surgery, and don't worry - the big day will come! Anne :D

Anwyn,

I would ask them for a discount since they did that to you......

Fortunately my insurance is paying for the op and I've already met my deductible for the year, but otherwise that would be a great idea!