Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill was no problem :0)

Hi everyone- just wanted to share an update. I am doing better mentally since my sweet boy was put down. Yes- I still say goodnite to him every night but I am doing well I think. My bruising from the hematoma is only about 3% left & hasn't changed in weeks. I think it will be there for a long time. My scars look FANTASTIC! I need to post a photo & will try to this weekend.

Well I went for my first fill yesterday & Dr.P gave me one numbing shot & than flushed out all the air that may possible be in there. I was laying on a table & he used a sonogram to locate the exact location of the port. He nailed it on the first try- no problems. The only thing that stung just a bit was the numbing shot- the rest I really didn't feel but I could feel the needle hit the metal port & move around a bit- very weird!! Like a metal object in a bowl of jelly.:0) Than he proceeded to give me 1cc. He said normally he gives 1.5cc to those that can eat anything which is me but I asked for only 1cc.

I am going away next week & didn't want to be to full & away from home if there was a problem. He said I can come back anytime for a little more if I need it. Its only been 1 day & I don't feel much restriction at all. However, I have heard from those of you more experienced that it could "KICK" in a week later. So I guess I will have to use my own mental restaint untill then.

Hopefully my first fill will help the weight come off- I had gained a pound last week & haven't lost in awhile.

Hope everyone is well.

:) Christina:D

Christina

I am so glad to hear your fill went good. I am so nervous about getting my first fill. I had my banding done on 6/1/05 and I think I will be scheduling a fill for the first part of August. We are pretty much walking hand in hand. I was banded only 2 days before you and my starting weight was the same as yours. I am down 26 lbs, but go back and forth with a couple of pounds. I feel like it is mostly Fluid, but it is still very frustrating. My doc doesn't use sonogram or anything he just does the fill right there in his office. He told me he could do it under fluoro, but I would have to meet him at the surgery center. He told me not to worry. It wasn't bad. I am just nervous.

Congratulations on the loss. Let me know if the weight starts coming off easier now that you have had your first fill.

Christina, sounds like your first fill experiece was very pleasant..that is so great to hear. Have a great time wherever it is you are going next week, I think you did the wise thing not getting that extra .5 cc's since you are going away... It is better to be safe then sorry.

I am hoping when I have my fill next week that I will have some restriction. I am getting discouraged. I realize some of my clothes are baggy but you really can't tell that I've lost weight.