Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Morning everyone!

Completed the 5dpt last week and stayed focused this week. It did help stop the madness of the snacking, cravings, and portion size. I have kept the inital 5 pounds off (water weight) but surprized that I have not lost any real additional weight.

Now it is time to EXERCISE! I started yesterday walking a mile - Friday we went to the Auto Show - so I did quite a bit of walking there also. Just got keep it up now.

It was beautiful yesterday here as well -- 60 degrees and sunny - thank goodness. DH and I decided to (at last minute) take a ride to see his aunt and uncle (to take them their Christmas gift) that is 1.5 hours away (Outbanks North Carolina). It was great!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Good morning kiddos!

I caught Judy's cold!!!:mellow::thumbup: Can't believe it...I was just hella sick in late Dec (right before xmas). I think it is allergies. I wake up stuffy, and consequently, achy and conjested. The last 2 nights, I've had very painful coughs right before I go to bed. Not coughing in the night...but just before. And they hurt my chest so bad. Don't know if I should use some Vicks Vapo Rub or not...don't want to make it worse. Oddly, I kinda feel good during the day, just shitty in the am and right before bed????:thumbup:

Well, I am up at the butt crack of early to go to day two of games. Terry~no they lost badly. Game 1 was like 13-0, Game 2 was something like 14-2, and Game 3 was 14-5. Each game "we" got better, but it was a slaughter. Our team gave it their best though. All the teams were young and all male (there was 1 girl on 1 team). They had far more power. Honestly, the team would have done better by staying in their own division, but the coach got a bit cocky cause they were undefeated. So he pushed them up to the next level. Anyway, there are some pix on my Facebook page of the game. Some of them are from last week when it was freezing. Most are from yesterday.

I was wondering about what you all do for portions. I hear people talking about 1 cup of food. Do you seriously mean 1 cup, as in the cup measuring thingy that lives in the drawer (it has the 1/2 c., 1/3 c., 1/4 c. all connected) OR are you using a measuring cup. The measuring cup is bigger somehow...not sure but it is.

Have a great day! It is sooo nice and you all are welcome here.

Oh yeah, glad we are starting to talk about the trip.

Pam- For 1 cup of food thing, before I got loosened up I ate between 1/2-1c of food per sitting, just eyeballing. I had more on my plate, but 1/2-1c is all I could actually eat.

Haydee- Uhh yeah that's not a bad pic!

Judy-congrats on losing 2 this week! You are doing so well!

No, I am not better, I am worse. I will be glad when tomorrow @ 9 AM gets here so I can go to the dr.

Have a good day ya'll. Respect the pouch! RESPECT IT!

Good Sunday Morn, Vi's~~

Still taking care of the Mo cat... he's still living in our bathroom, but I think he's feeling better as he is liking it less & meowing more. Today I get to give him an enema, leave him in the bathroom (obviously), then this eve try to give him a bath to get all cleaned up. I told him that if he was good & let me clean him, that he could be released from solitary confinement, but I'm not sure he understood. Hmm. We'll see.

Other than that, it's just usual stuff.

Pam... you made me :thumbup: w/your questions about the measuring cups... so cute!... you obviously don't cook much, m'dearie! The, what did you call them?, "the cup measuring thingy that lives in the drawer (it has the 1/2 c., 1/3 c., 1/4 c. all connected)" yes, these measuring cups are for DRY items (flour, rice, chocolate chips, food). I think by the other measuring cup you mean the pyrex or glass one w/a handle & a pour spout?... that is a liquid measuring cup, for liquids, like Water, milk, or mojitos. And you are correct, they are different sizes. Now I don't know why, just that they are. So, at least for me, when I say a "cup" of food or a 1/2 cup of food or whatever, I'm talking about the dry cup measures. Actually, I have a set of glass bowls that are 1 cup size that have the measurements on them, so I often use those so I know I'm not overdoing it.

Clear as mud??

Terri... is that $215 total or in addition to the deposits we've already sent you? (Either way I'd pay triple to get to see my girls again!!!)

Have a great day, everyone!

Well here I am, another day. I slept late, and have been just veging out. I need to start cleaning some, the cable guy is coming tomorrow and I hear it takes all day!! I am switching from Charter (which is my cable provider) to att u-verse. They are installing it on all my tvs, plus there is something to do with my internet is changing, but they say I can keep the same email. I hope so. I am getting a dvr also. No surprise here that I am not techno friendly so I hope I can understand what it is all about!!

I am not getting notification about this site, is anybody else having the same problem?

I hope all have a great day and enjoy and be safe!!!

Hey gang! What fun! I am here @ Panera w/dd while ds is at soccer... & I'm on my laptop w/my green tea chatting w/you all! Technology rocks! (& i am so easily amused!!)

Good Sunday Morn, Vi's~~

Terri... is that $215 total or in addition to the deposits we've already sent you? (Either way I'd pay triple to get to see my girls again!!!)

Oh, RIGHT! I forgot to subtract that! So it'll only be about $155!! Wooohooo!!

Well here I am, another day. I slept late, and have been just veging out. I need to start cleaning some, the cable guy is coming tomorrow and I hear it takes all day!! I am switching from Charter (which is my cable provider) to att u-verse. They are installing it on all my tvs, plus there is something to do with my internet is changing, but they say I can keep the same email. I hope so. I am getting a dvr also. No surprise here that I am not techno friendly so I hope I can understand what it is all about!!
Jane, We have ATT U-verse and we really like it! However, we did have quite a startup problem and had to have our dvr box replaced about 4 times!! So if it's not behaving like you expect it to, you can call their customer service number and they are actually very nice and very responsive!!! Such a change from our Time-Warner we had before. They were rated in the top 10 companies for the worst customer service...and I believe it!! I think you'll be very pleased with ATT. DVR is AWESOME!! :tongue2:

Well, I essentially just got out of bed. I got up at 5:00 then went back to bed at 8:30, now up at 1:00p. :wub: Still in my jammies.

Edited by TerriDoodle

I am SO moody on this TOM. I cried alot yesterday and started to call one of you all then cried more cause I didn't wanna bother anyone or depress anyone. I was in pitiful shape. I was having a 'depressed fat girl' day. Being in pain on top of it made it worse. It was the first time I allowed myself to cry over gaining some weight back. But I am glad I did it and got it out of my system.

I am gonna make another veggie Soup tomorrow. It was so yummy last time and I figured it up and a great big bowl is only like 250 calories WITH sausage in it. My kind of stuff!

Have a great afternoon ya'll.

Terry & Haydee-we are probably going to move to Deer Park :tongue2: Such a great scool district for Macy and closer to Franks job.

Just stopping by to check in. It'sbeen a really bad eating day, however I did go for a walk in the park with doggie.

Pam, I use the little glass serving bowls from "Pampered Chef". They are 1/2 cup servings. So that is how I eat my cottage chees and afew other things. Just put it in up to the line and I'm done.

Haydee, My sisters want me to tell you Thank You for the very lovely clothes. They aren't into my style of clothes and hate when I offer them my cast-offs. I let them go thru and pick out what they wanted and they just about cleaned out the box. I can't thank you enough for what you did.

Hey will someone email me the link to where we are staying?

I promise i'll add it to my favorites.

maybe i'll even save as a screen saver

I have a few size 16/18 skirts - I think they are 18 -

I bought them in March for that other job i had.

i'm going to clean out my closet again so i'll post a list of what i have

**MAJOR CORRECTION!!**

Sorry, everyone....For some reason I had it in my head that there were 12 of us splitting the cost of the Alabama house...but it's NINE! There's actually 10 of us, and then I forgot that Laura isn't paying. DUH!! So I've recalculated and the balance of what each of us will owe is about $195[edited to correct figure]..and yes, that's after the deposit is subtracted.

I apologize for the confusion. It's just been a long while since I messed with any of that. I'll email you a link with the Google spreasheet that has all the pertinent info.

Edited by TerriDoodle