Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

OOOO Benjamin Button was sooo good! I loved it and so did the rest of the gang. Then I went shopping, and I bought 5 tops for only 77$!!!

Have a great night!!

xoxoxoxo

OOOO Benjamin Button was sooo good! I loved it and so did the rest of the gang. Then I went shopping, and I bought 5 tops for only 77$!!!

Have a great night!!

xoxoxoxo

hey...popping in from phone...xoxo

We went to go see Marley and Me on Christmas day and it was really good. Anyone seen Valkyrie? That's next on my list.

We have THREE parties today....and one of them is out of town! I'd really like nothing more than to get my house straightened up and laze around in my PJ's but we start at 11:00a and won't get home 'til 10:00p probably. One party is for my aunt's 81st birthday. We were supposed to have it last year for her 80th, but she got sick...turned out to be West Nile Virus! ...and she is really just now recovered. The other is my DH's family....3 birthdays. And the third party is for my best friend's daughter, Christie. She's about 23 or so and had a good job here in Houston. She got a $4000 bonus on Dec 18 and on Dec. 19th she quit her job and announced she was moving to Hawaii!!! She sold her furniture, her car, and sublet her apartment. She bought a one-way ticket, will be renting a room in a house with 2 women she found on the INTERNET, and is leaving on Monday!! My girlfriend is very stressed out about all this, as you can imagine. Who knows? Maybe she'll make it!? But more than likely it will be just a big waste of money when she inevitably moves back here and has to re-buy all that stuff she sold! She has no job lined up and is just planning to 'work in a hotel'....what, making $7.50 an hour? She has a girlfriend that lives there ...in a "hut"...that costs $1,500/month!! Her girlfriend is heavily subsidized by her wealthy parents, however. The other thing is that Christie has pretty severe arthritis and needs very expensive treatments every month. Well, stay tuned!

Right now it's thunderstorming and than pretty soon it is supposed to change over to sleet and than snow later today. Yuck.

Terry, I would be stressed also if my duaghter was doing that. How scary. I hope she did a lot of investigating of these women she is moving in with. What a leap. I'm not sure I would have to courage to chuck it all and move like that I will keep her in my prayers that she stays safe.

Not much going on here today. Especially with it raining.

Have a great day and make excellent food choices today.

Good morning, my precious Violets!~~

What fun we had last night! We had a parents v. kids wii bowling tournament & then a DDR party -- TOO FUNNY!! When we got ready to leave, we were all surprised to find that it was after midnight! Of course, the kids are now threatening to put up the videos of the parents onto Youtube -- ha ha ha!

Oh dear. I hauled my big butt up onto the scale today. Oh dear. All I can say is that I'm back on the wagon. Period. No excuses. I've eaten everything; there is nothing that I don't know what it tastes like, so I really don't need to keep putting it all into my mouth.

Priority #1 is to get back to where I was, which was -80 lbs @ 237 lbs. Then #2 will be to get down to -100, which is 217. After that, #3 will be to get under 200. That's it. Easy as pie. Oops, did I say "pie"? Oh my.

Make it a great day, Vi's!

PS... I think Jen was talking about her bf... wasn't he supposed to make his decision/commitment to her by Xmas or she was moving on? If so, then you go girl! MOVE ON!

Good morning, Violets...

Boy, what a yucky day it is here today. It's 45 degrees, everything is melting and it's raining and foggy. It's so nice to be in the living room by the fireplace (even though it's fake) and typing away on my laptop in my lap sitting in my favorite chair. Nothing on the agenda today except going to the movies later. Course there is some laundry calling my name so might have to attend to that.

All the wrapping paper and boxes have been taken by the garbage man so now just have to put away all the new jammies and other gifts. Bob's new telescope is taking up half of the livingroom and he can't use it yet because he was told by the kids that it's for looking at stars.. not naked women in houses across the street!!! The kids are typical PK's. :thumbup::lol: It's been too cloudy at night to see stars.

I am looking forward to Jan. 1st. I'm going to put up a new ticker starting at my current weight and putting my goal in. It will be a lot less than my original weight, so hopefully won't be as daunting a task. We'll get the Wiifit back, will be going to the Trikke track and getting back on schedule with exercise. Then we will make a doctor's appointment for January. I won't get a fill, but Bob will probably. He's eating way too much and even me nagging at him isn't helping. When he's done with his little church Jan. 4th, that will be a BIG change for him. It will be the first time in his ministry that he won't be preaching every Sunday. He'll be looking for an interim, but that's hit and miss at this point. He's going to be lost for awhile for sure.

DS Joe gets his car on Tuesday and I'll finally get my car back!!

Off to look at Facebook and see what's new there. Everyone have a great day! Make wise choices..

Good morning everyone! My name is Tracy and I am a foodoholic. Wow, it feels good to be back in violet rehab. I was so looking forward to being sober again. When I am done with this post I am going to make a ticker showing how much I am going to lose. I am so excited! My plan is kind of iffy on exactly what I wanna lose because I wanna keep a fuller face like I have now but I wanna lose the rolls I regained on my BACK of all places! My poor face was looking skeletal like Achmed the dead terrorist (for those of you that are familiar with JEFF Dunahm). I do not want to have that long skinny scarey face again, so I will lose until I see the turkey gaggle then stop. If my memory serves me correctly I think it will be somewhere in the 180s. I was paying too much attention to numbers before instead of how I feel & look. THAT is what I will go by this time. So, the main goal is to get to 18something (before I croak) then reevaluate myself. So, my new ticker will reflect getting to 185 and then take it from there. That is my plan.

12/27/08 is my all or nothing day :thumbup: What a coincidence, that is today! Seems like there is alot of violets climbing back aboard the bandster wagon! WOOHOO :Yawn:. We can accomplish anything! Once again, Judy is my inspiration :smile:.

Have a fantastic day everyone. Make healthy choices! Pamela...back away from the rum balls! :w00t:

Good morning Violets~

Well MIL just left. I really like her and enjoy her visits very much. She left a butt load of left overs and I think we are eating 'em all this weekend, then we are at the gym Mon. morn. So my Jan 1 will start a bit earlier. Which is fine w/ me...I am actually looking forward to the gym and getting back on track. Then sometime in Jan...we are going to hire a trainer! She starts orientation jan. 12th, and once she gets a regular schedule...that is when we are getting the trainer. We think it would be "more fun" to do it together. They are hella expensive, about $200 for 4-5 sessions (and that is for 1 person). But I think if we do it for a time, we can glean all their information. Hell, I don't know.

I do know this though, I am going to finish my diss today!!! I will complete ch. 5, and then be done...but that does not mean I am REALLY DONE. I will then get "edits" back, and will have to do that, then create table of contents, and I will have a ton more work over the next few months. BUT THE CREATION PORTION WILL BE DONE! It is far harder to write and create than to "fix". I know I use this as an excuse for my eating too. Everytime I've ever sat to do work on homework (either for my Master's degree or my Doctorate degree) I will "get hungry". Talk about head hunger. "I just need something to munch on..." Man, I am a freaking text book definition. So, I am looking forward towards '09 to have this behind me...and then getting my fat behind to shrink! I am making an appointment for a fill on Monday. I won't be able to get in for a few weeks as he only does fills on certain days...but I'll have the appointment. Then I will do the walk of shame...and go see that skinny f^%$ing nutritionist tell me "how much" and "what" to eat...blah blah blah! But I will put on my "oooo really, that is facinating" face and try to behave!

Wow...Chatty Cathy! OK...off for a round of scrabble before I hit the books...plus, I am hungry...for real!

Sadly, the rum balls have left the building...via my pie hole, but they are gone!

xooxxoxo

My report so far........

1 Protein Shake

(insert applause here)

Not to bum you all out but as of this morning all of my Christams decorations are boxed and put away in the garage. Yes I said it. All done. It was rainy all morning and I woke up early and just decided to do it and get it done.

I was wanting to go walk but it's only 32 degrees right now and with all the rain I don't want to hit any slick spots. Guess I'll just sit around here and take pictures of my kitties with my new camera.

Good going, Suzie!

Oh, btw Pam, you might want to fit in a quick trip to your PO box today... I'm just sayin'... maybe there'd be a surprise there for you... maybe... :hurray:

I cannot take my decorations down yet....I cannot get to the totes it all goes in! Rick has his new fridge for the shop in the way. He wants to insulate a place he is putting it, so we are going to do that this afternoon, and then we can move it in!

I usually take it down about the 2nd-3rd of Jan.

It is sooooooo cold here! We had snow off and on all day yesterday, but when we come in from Manda's last night the temp was falling, and stars were in a clear sky----and it is now 10:30 AM and the temp is still sitting at 6 degrees! Woodstove is eating the wood, and keeping me a nice toasty 78 degrees tho!!!

I have to get the pics of my DD to someone soon to show Laura. It is hilarious, she has this bullet shaped belly! She is due this week, so she is of course big!!! I defied my SIL, and actually felt the baby kick me! He does not want anyone else touching her belly, but she put my hand there, and I ignored him, and felt the baby--YAY!!!

Seeing the granddaughter and grandson (we claim him!) from my sons first marriage was so amazingly wonderful! Everyone was on good behaviour, no words were exchanged or accusations made. His ex stayed the entire time. So there was opportunity to make the snide comments, but no one did. Not sure what will happen now....but we will see. Our granddaughter sure had changed! She went from a chubby little 4 year old toddler girl to a tall, super skinny, missing a front tooth 7 year old big girl! It amazed me that her speech, her movements, and actions are sooooo much like her Dad, and it is natural, it is not something she has seen and copied, she has not seen him! Was a wonderful time with her!

Well I am off to buy pork loin. My inlaws do the German thing of pork and sour kraut for New Years dinner. They are not German, but the TX town they were raised in was full of German immigrants, kind of like New Braunfels----so they still eat it. Of course there will be a bowl of black eyes peas and a pan of cornbread too! But anyway the store has a special of buy one pork loin and get 2 free. So I ask her if she wanted one, and she has called and reminded me 2 times now to be sure to get all 3. I am an idiot sometimes, yes, but I am not going to forget to get the 2nd free one---gimme a break!!!!

Will check in later today!!! Huggles!

Kat

Still 32 degrees here but the rain has stopped. Janie should be getting it now.

I'm gonna try doing the ticker 25 pounds at a time and see how that goes. Maybe that will be a little more incourageing.