Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Go Tracy!!! I'm really proud of you! Stock up liquid Advil! LOL

Nothing much going on here. One of my bosses just showed me pics of a $2,000,000 house he's buying in Steamboat Springs. Must be nice. I'm wringing my hands over whether or not to spend $5k on a patio renovation!

Kat - that's amazing about your parents' windfall! In my state of mind these days I think I'd blow about $10K and stick the rest in the bank! I'm no fun anymore.

Well, I have to go do some online shopping for my boss for his new mountain home. <sigh> He needs deck furniture and I guess has no desire to do it himself. Well, it's better than filing.

TTYL.

It's all relative Terry, I couldn't afford 5k for any kind of renovation lol.

I have a horrible crick in my neck today and when I turn to look at Carson's bassinet or to get something off the night stand it kills me, so that must be how I got it.

We had some good storms last night and the sun isn't coming out today.. good chill in the bed day with laptop for work!!

Down to 255lb woohoo. I was 282 when I went in to the hospital, 285lb when I left.. I didn't think I had much Fluid gain (at least going into the hospital I didn't), but I guess I had more than I thought. I know after BEING there I was swelling all over, I hate the pics of us in the hospital my face was so ballooned up.

Go Tracy go! I have no excuse, we have the free gym at work and I stopped going a while ago. I keep saying I'll just go in and do the treadmill or elliptical, just to do SOMETHING, then I don't. Ugh.

Sounds like the same weather we're having here, Laura... & that we had the same thoughts on how to spend it! I'm cuddled up on the couch w/a cat on my feet & the laptop on my lap... surfin' & doing some work, too! Rough life, but SOMEone's got to do it.

I am trying to get through JUST today as far as eating well goes... just today... just today!!! I weighed today & I'm 252.4 and news flash -- I did NOT just have a babe! Every new month it's the same thing, tears & vows... & then by the end I'm either the same or worse, UP! Ugh. My mental state re: weight & loss is the WORST... in a bad "all or nothing" place... bleh. waah.

Good for you Tracyk for getting your groove back!

Enjoy the day, in your own way, everyone!

Home from work. Normally I have fridays off, but one of the girls had a meeting to go to so I filled in for her. Hubby and I got up and went to the gym a little earlier and than I also worked out at Curves.

TracyK, good luck. I am one person that enjoys working out and I love to walk. I would od it more if I could.

Kat, How happy for your parents. I can imagine they are just numb about the whole situation.

Jane, An Elephant Bar?????

Pam, Hope you don't miss any school and hope your back continues to get better.

Laura, I'm surprised about your neck. I thought it would be all limbered up from alway having to look at Carson.

Terry, enjoy the shopping even if it isn't for you.

Judy, Have a safe trip.

I fixed spaghetti fr dinner last night. Guess I'll go get the leftovers out and start warming them up.

Everyone have a great Friday.

Hey Gang,

My back is a bit better, but it is moving. I have the authorization to get an abdomen scan, but don't want to if this is just back trouble. I will give it until Monday to see. I took my last anitbiotic yesterday so I will see how the weekend plays oout. I haven't missed any school. We are in state testing and unless my ass is in the hospital...my ass better be here. Been a rough week. I am looking forward to this evening...and a bloody cocktail! I'll go home afterschool, chill and put my muscle stim machine on.

I need a nap...and a fill. You wont believe the size of the sandwhich I just inhaled. I am getting one next week on the 7th.

ttfn

Just need to vent for a sec, getting really upset and my mom doesn't wanna talk about it cause she thinks she'll say something she shouldn't..

We're hemorraging money right now, with the new baby.. we had to pay $200 a day for staying in the hospital, plus $350 deductible for his bilibed..We had hail a couple weeks ago and I THOUGHT Russ and I agreed it's not worth fixing (he has 3 SMALL dents from it), they charging $900 and we have $250 deductible.. and now he's going to get it fixed, they ripping him off and he won't go get a quote somewhere else.. Oh and I had to get the electric breast pump, which was another $200.

Then he just called and said his cell phone is gonna get cut off, it's on his family's account which is in default. So he said he wants to take his phone off the account; only way he can is to pay off the entire account. So now we're paying off his family' cell phone account.. Ugh.. so mad.

Edited by FairyFacade

I have a question. I know for a long time people have asked me how much I want to lose and I have always said that I wanted to lose enough to where I felt good. Part of that answer was because I have never wanted to admit openly how much I weighed. I don't know if that day will ever come that I admit to anyone but my Doctor. But for a little while now I hear more people saying that it's not about the numbers and more about being healthy. I'm watching Oprah and she has Kirstie Alley on talking about her weight loss and gain. She also has a guy named Michael on and they are both saying the same thing. They are not tied to the numbers. The question is, Why aren't we tied to the number anymore. Does weighing 280 pounds and being comfortable outweigh being 145 and healthy? Maybe I'm not understanding this right, looking at it all wrong. Is being healthy all part of having a lower weight total? Just me thinking out loud and wondering.

Susie, I think it is the BMI too that "impacts" or establishes healthy. I feel fantabulous at 240, but am still "unhealthy".

Laura, I'd pay the bill for the family, then move my ass off of their plan ASAP. You don't want to leave 'em in the lurch, but to "cut the cord" at this stage in the game is not a bad idea now.

Yeah, he said he meant to break from their account a while ago (we pay for his, we just pay them) but he has been lazy..so when they didn't pay for their phones, it defaults the whole account.

I am looking into refinancing our house, the mortgage company we go thru is family friends so I called to ask them if it'd be worth it.. we've had it for 2 years and I pay extra principal every month.. original rate was 5.5% (which was the awesome first time home buyer's rate lol)..it was like 4.25% the other day? My mom told me to look into it, they said the rate has been going back up and it's at 4.875%.. so she is coming to our work on Monday and Russ going to give her the paperwork to look over and see if it's worth it. If so, we'll still keep paying what we do, just pay the house off quicker!

Suzanne, I didn't watch the show but I read an article about the Oprah Kirstie Alley episode today.. what I understood is it's not about the number, it's about being healthy. So if 280lb you ARE healthy (no one is tho), then don't worry about the number.. not necessarily 'feeling good', but actually being healthy.

Besides the back pains I had, I am too whatever it's called to care about being healthy.. I just want to be in normal clothes, look sexy, and not have back pains.. #1 was no back pains.. oh and having healthy pregnancies was in there; which I accomplished once now!!

suzanne- like i said i didnt watch it but this article i saw:

Alley: "I've Let Everyone Down" - CBS News

Ashton added that you should limit your portion size at meals, and that weight loss should be about striving for health -- not a size or a number.

Years ago I had a Doctor that told me that I would never be 125pounds. Ok, I really didn't need to hear that but I also am not stupid. There is no way I could ever be that size. I'm a big boned German woman. The most I could ever hope for would to be about 180 maybe pushing it at 160. So I'm thinking that that would have to be a healthy weight for me, as long as I was eating healthy and exercising. If I was 125 people would think I was a cancer patient and dying.

I just feel better knowing that people are starting to realize that it's not the bones that show thru your skin that says you are healthy. It's more of how you live your life and how well you take care of yourself that counts.

My Irish-German Ancestors will be glad to know I carry on the tradition proudly.

Off-Topic. For all of you that Facebook.< /span>

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on English(US) on the left hand side. Then click on English(pirate). It's a hoot. You'll have to look all over the site and find all the funny sayings. Check it out.

Suzanne-the reason I feel that way is because last time i lost weight I thought that I "didn't make it" because I was still not at goal. Looking back, I had "made it" and just not realized it. The numbers aren't waht I had originally set out for so I just figured I had failed. It is amazing the pressure we can put on ourselves. So this time, I just wanna get where I was....and feel good about it knowing I did it (again)

It is really all about how we feel about ourselves when we look in the mirror.:thumbup: