Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

It's starting to cloud up now. Guess I'll find a good movie to watch and hunker down.

I need to pull some chicken out and figure out if I'm going to bake, fry or BBQ it.

Good Morning Girls~

Happy Sunday! I am going to grocery shop today, grade papers, watch Sus's double header...that is about it!

Laura, I loved your story about one day he will wear a wedding band. Crazy isn't it. Michelle, I loved your story about his little skinny legs, sticking out of his shorts. Terry, I loved your story about I Love You 10x a day. I know w/ my nephew, Johnny, I get all the kisses and snuggles I can now...before he gets too old to be kissing his aunt! Sigh!

Kat, what book did you get Laura?

All my poor weather Violets, hang tough...summer is around the corner. It is blowing like crazy here...all night. Hopefully it will mellow.

I am reading a great book...American Wife, by Curtis Sittenfeld. It is outstanding. A gal born in 1946 grows up to be the first lady...and the chapters are broken into her addresses, with the last one being 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. It is really a great read!

Have a nice day!

I recorded the show "I want to save your life". Pretty interesting show. The guy who does it had some pretty interesting things to say that make you really think.

Good morning Violets,

Right now it feels like a really good morning! I had the headache from hell last night. It was kind of hiding in my head all morning, and at lunch it hit HARD! I sent Kinsey home with my Mom, ended up losing my lunch and going to bed. Finally got up to try to take some Advil Cold and Sinus---the only thing that helps my sinus headaches---ate a steak finger, and lost it all, went back to bed at 7:30, and slept all night, got up about an hour ago. Misery! I was afraid to sit up this morning, but so far so good. I went ahead and tried to take another Advil, and am ever so slowly nipping at a bowl of oatmeal. But no headache yet----of course the wind has not started. I am sick of this! Wind + Blooming Lilacs are a terrible combo for me!! And the Dr. give me some samples to new Rx allergy eyedrops, and I used them, I am wondering if headache might not be partly a reaction from them.....needless to say I will not be using them today!!! Will give them to my Dad!

The "book" I sent Laura was just one of those kind of oversized card books. It had little poems, and snippets of things, all relating to the newness of babies. It was not strictly for boys, but it was blue and when I saw it, I read a few entries, and made me remember when.....so thought she needed it! I was worried how it would make it through the mail, since it come with a standard envelope---glad it worked!!

Rick is off fertilizing fields this morning--and no I do not mean he is out there squatting!!! LOL Then this afternoon we are going to go check on the patio set I wanted, but was too yucky to go do yesterday!

Terry, Hero in the shower cracked me up! My dog Chelsea, would literally roll in the mud, knowing it would get her a bath. And if I had to say "go get in the bath tub" to Manda, the dog was off like a shot, thinking it was her turn! She figured out what b-a-t-h spelled and would hit the tub! She also knew how to spell hot dog.....crazy dog, I miss her still!!

She LOVED being bathed, and dried, would have happily been bathed daily---even several times a day!

Suzanne, my cat loved to sit on the side of the tub and swat at the water---splattering it everywhere. He developed an extra 18 legs all with deadly claws when you tried to dump him in the Water tho!!!!

Gotta go turn off Rick's political TV---he is gone! The only good thing about him being gone!! LOL

Kinsey is an "I love you" kid! She will run from the other room, for a hug and an I love you, and is back to playing. She says it many. many times a day. My grandson is speech delayed, and just starting to really talk in detail, but is not a demonstrative kid in comparison. Manda still tells me she loves me before she leaves, or hangs up---or even when she is laughing at me!!! That kind is sort of like the Texans "bless your heart" thing.....like she is laughing that it is a good thing she loves me because I am hopeless!!! LOL----she has a kid, she will get it, I am not concerned!

Son ALWAYS ends phone calls or visits with Love you.....but his wife doesn't, so will have to see what grandson eventually does.

My SIL is home, and has to go back to CO tomorrow. She is not well yet---is strictly drinking warm, Clear Liquids. IF she is following Dr.s orders--so who knows.

My other SIL called and left us a message that they want to do a spa day thing for my MIL for Mothers Day. PEdicure, facial, massage etc. That is SO NOT my MIL that I know, I totally laughed......she is 81 years old, hillbilly to the bone, modest as the day is long, has NEVER EVER even painted her nails---has never had a need to shave(yet claims there is no indian blood---her bone structure and lack of hair speak differently!), she is feminine, but not fussy---she has naturally gray hair, that is long, I mean seriously long, to her lower back. She twists it into a bun on top of her head, it comes down to bathe and Shampoo only. She leaves it down while it dries, then up it goes. Every few months she has my DIL or I cut the ends even and then it goes right back up. She can put it up neat as a pin with no mirror--just her brush---which is probably a 50's or 60's style plastic bristle brush, and a handfull of bobby pins. She uses hand lotion. Period. Has never applied a bit of make up. She is seriously wrinkled (as I imagine we all will be at 80!), she spent years working outside in the garden and orchard.

A spa day seems like silliness and a cop out.

Rick and I have through the years bought both Moms large planters for their porches, and now each year, we buy the plants, and plant them for the Moms. We usually buy a small windchime, or wind wheel or something to go in them, but that is what we do. Now they want to change it and send her to the spa.......I told Rick to tell her put us in for $20----and we will do her flowers anyway. I swear they would buy anything if it keeps his other sister from having to come here more often! She much prefers cruises or other vacations. Which is fine, but at least try to fit the gift to the person. She might enjoy a spa day, but my MIL????

Sorry---vent over!

Rick talked to a friend of his in Denver yesterday, and he is supposed to call me today sometime to discuss the band. He is about 5'7" or so, and had peaked at 350 pounds. He cut the beer (!) and has been seriously watching his food, and trying to exercise some, and has made it to 300. He has been going to school, since the auto industry cuts cost him his job. He is training to be a nurse. I had mentioned to Rick that a large number of nurses are banded---and he mentioned it to the friend. Told him about my success---so he is going to call and start researching. He already had a stent put in a heart valve when he was 30. He NEEDS to take care of it now!

Gotta get dressed before someone thinks about stopping by and finds me sitting here in a sleep shirt........might scar as well as scare us both!!!

XOXOXO

Kat - Men do soooooo well with the band. I hate them! The weight just melts off of them. He sounds like he's got a good attitude and would probably be a great candidate. Ew, but I guess he'd have to be self pay? Ouch. I had to laugh at your visual about trying to give your cat a bath! LOL Yeah, been there, done that! And I REALLY had to laugh about your MIL and the spa thing. One look at that picture of her on Facebook and you KNOW instantaneously that she is not the spa type!! ROFL!!!! I would imagine she would be very uncomfortable and fussy about it. But, oh well! What do we know, eh? Could be all wrong!! Hope you continue to feel better today! Last night sounds like hell!

Suzie - what kind of show is that? Never heard of it.

Pamela - that does sound like a good book!! What a great premise!

I'm munching on a yummy snack that works well for me -- cucumbers/tomatoes/onions in sour cream and vinegar. It fills me up, it's refreshing, healthy and lo-cal!! Wow!! Who'da thunk it?

Gave Hero his shower already. Gave myself one, too! Maybe I'll go bake a chicken for lunch. That sounds good.

TTYL

You will never believe what I just did!! I sent out my first application for employment!! I thnk I need a seriously different job. I love all my customers, but I don't love Charlie's lack of professionalism. I have been in a funk over this for awhile now, don't know if anything will come of it, but at least I made the first move. I am scared about my weight and whether that will affect my chances of landing a job. I am trying to work in a hospital setting, possibly receptionist, something that will give me benefits, and a better future. I am really scared!!

Glad you are feeling better Tracy, Suzie you are right that swine flu thing is sort of scary. I mean isn't that how all the horror shows about this start?!?

You will never believe what I just did!! I sent out my first application for employment!! I thnk I need a seriously different job. I love all my customers, but I don't love Charlie's lack of professionalism. I have been in a funk over this for awhile now, don't know if anything will come of it, but at least I made the first move. I am scared about my weight and whether that will affect my chances of landing a job. I am trying to work in a hospital setting, possibly receptionist, something that will give me benefits, and a better future. I am really scared!!

Glad you are feeling better Tracy, Suzie you are right that swine flu thing is sort of scary. I mean isn't that how all the horror shows about this start?!?

Good for you Jane!!! I have my fingers crossed for you. With your personality and love of people, you'd be a great receptionist.

Terry, it's this guy who follows a person and spies on them to find out their bad eating habits. He than contacts them and tells them that he can help them out to lose weight and get their lives back on track. He teaches them how to clean out their kitchens and how to exercise and so on. It was pretty informative. I'll watch a few more shows.

Jane, How couregeous of you to move on. I have no doubt that you can handle anything out there. You would be very good working as a receptionist or any job in the public eye. You are a very personable, lovely person.

Dinner's ready. BBS.

Congrats Jane! What a big step that is....I will keep my fingers crossed! I am sure that God has great plans in store for you!

I slept all day and dd and dh just got home around 6. My whole body is sore. I feel like I have been hit by a train. At least the nausea is gone :laugh:

Mom told me that while macy was there today she was riding her tricycle full speed having races with her imaginary friends, hit a bump and got startled and forgot to put on her brakes and crashed into the wall in the garage. She has a bruise on her shoulder and light blue marks under her eyes but she is OK. She will probably be sore in the morning. Hope she doesnt wake up with 2 black eyes!! lol I will have some explaining to do to the school!

Terry & Haydee-I really enjoyed lunch and am looking forward to doing it again.

Have a good night everyone! :thumbup:

Good Morning, Violets..

The site looks funky this morning. Guess I'll quickly type and see if it posts.

The sun is shining, and it's 49 degrees out so maybe it will get warm enough for me to trike today.

Ethan comes at 8 for the day. I hope to get into the backyard for some poop scooping today. The lawn is just starting to get a little green.

My Pistons are out of the basketball playoffs, but my Tigers did well against the Angels.... sorry, Suzie!!

We have to call the hot tub people again. They supposedly fixed the problem, but when we checked the tub yesterday the same code was flashing meaning the problem had reoccurred. grrrrrrrrrrr

Not much on the agenda today except babysitting.

Everyone have a great day and be good to yourselves.

Good morning everyone!

I am a hurry to get macy ready for school. Wanted to pop in and tell everyone to have a fantastic day!

Respect the pouch!

Site looks weird...

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great day! Going to work, meeting, skipping the dentist, and I think we are going to the gym. I just CAN NOT wake up early enough yet...but I like the workout. We are going to try this: If we skip in the am, we go in the pm. At least 4 days a week. Wish us luck!

OK...have a wonderful day. Tracy glad you feeling better. Janie, you are going to be fabulous at whatever you do. Perhaps you can still "do" some clients from your home on Saturdays for extra $.

I'll pop in from work!

xooxox

Pamela - I hereby pass my Gym Nazi crown to you. You are an inspiration!! ... but could you work just a little harder at it? I haven't signed up yet!!