Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hey Girls,

I love those pix...the one w/ Tracy's head thrown back is great...honest fun and laughter!

We just booked our summer vacay. Think complete opposite of Alaska! We are going to florence for 11 days!We are going w/ our friends Jackie and Melissa...should be fun. We are staying at this hotel downtown Florence, and it is a 3 min walk from the train station...so we will go to Venice, Milan, Tuscany, etc on day trips. Here is a link to the hotel:

Grand Hotel Baglioni Florence hotels - Official Site - four 4 star hotel Florence Italy

Should be fun!

Kat, enjoy the girl. GAK is sooo cool. What receipe do you use, I havent seen mine in years (since I taught 1st and 3rd grades).

Have a great night!

xoxooxo

For "opposite of Alaska" I thought, well, first, Hell... but then the equator, so then I thought it was an African safari!

Yes, Judy will get gobs of baby time due to the imbibing... so maybe (maybe?) there'll be less of it since the reward of sobriety is such a good one -- Carson snuggles!! That's one way to sober up this crowd!!! :lol:

Oh my, I wish I had been there today with you guys. I'd have been laughing my head off also. How lucky you guys were. And I love the pics.

Pam, Thank You so much for the card. That dogs face was just what the doctor ordered. It brought a smile to my face. How exciting about your trip.

Long day today. Judy, you would have been so proud of me up on that alter. I had a lot of people come up to me later to tell me how proud they were of me for being a Eucharistic Minister. Father gave a wonderful eulogy and after the ceremony at the cemetery we all stood around and sang an old irish song for Kathy. She would have loved it.

Tomorrow I have a bridal shower to go to. Looking forward to it. Need to get my mind back in the game.

Have a good night sleep all of you.

Laura, just meant in general! I really don't have much of a life and get excited easily!!!

I am going to bed.

Have a good night and a good weekend!!

We need a designated baby holder for when we get drunk.. Judy right???

A definite perk of not drinking. I'll be serving up the booze on a regular basis just so I can be the Carson holder.

Oh my, I wish I had been there today with you guys. I'd have been laughing my head off also. How lucky you guys were. And I love the pics.

Pam, Thank You so much for the card. That dogs face was just what the doctor ordered. It brought a smile to my face. How exciting about your trip.

Long day today. Judy, you would have been so proud of me up on that alter. I had a lot of people come up to me later to tell me how proud they were of me for being a Eucharistic Minister. Father gave a wonderful eulogy and after the ceremony at the cemetery we all stood around and sang an old irish song for Kathy. She would have loved it.

Tomorrow I have a bridal shower to go to. Looking forward to it. Need to get my mind back in the game.

Have a good night sleep all of you.

I'm always proud of you, Suzie!!! I'm sure you did a wonderful job and Kathy was smiling down on you. Enjoy the bridal shower today.

Good morning, Violets..

Up early this morning as we have to be at the church to practice at nine. I'm singing, reading and playing flute during the worship service, then we have a speaker and a business meeting. It will be a full day and then an almost 3 hour ride back home.

I had a great swim in the hotel pool last night.. did all my exercises and then hit the hot tub. I just love being in the Water.

Bob is taking his shower now and I'm getting dressed so we can get a little Breakfast here before we go to the church.

Everyone have a great day. I won't check in again until tonight when we get home.

Dr. PamELa.. your trip sounds awesome!!! When do you go?? Your summer is going to be a memorable one, for sure!

Morning Girls!

Well...who the hell wakes up at 4am on Saturday???? We do! Can't believe it, but we both woke at 4...and made coffee and decided to stay up. Will work on a nap later this morning, lol!

The trip to florence will be from July 2-July14. I get to spend my birthday in Italy again! Remember last year, I was in Rome on my bday! We are staying in Florence for the entire 11 days, but we are near the train station and will take day trips to various destinations, Venice, Milan, Piza, etc. I know Jackie and Melissa want to go to Rome, but we might skip it this year. I want to go to the museums, cafes, and really feel the Italian experience. Everyone says it is so much nicer than Rome, in that, there will be less Americans...less of the BIG CITY FEEL!

I had a dream we were on a cruise. I was eating toast and there was this plastic on it...take was mistakenly left on. Weird.

Not sure what we are doing today. I am sure a nap is in our future.

Susie, enjoy the bridal shower. It is interesting how life works: yesterday you mourn...today you Celebrate the new life of friends. Life is rich, full of ups and downs, highs and lows. xoxo

Terry, sorry I missed you on Facebook. Thought it would be sooo cool to chat real time. So glad you all had fun yesterday! I'd kill for some Violet time (can't wait until next month and the one after that).

oxxooxox

Up and drinking my hot cocoa, fed the cats already.

Last night hubby and I sat out on the deck listening to the ballgame (sorry Judy, KC won). Came in and than went to bed around 10pm. Slept till 8:30. Boy that felt good.

Really nice day here today except it's cloudy. but at least it's not cold and snowy.

Hubby and I talked last night about when we might think about openeing the pool. We'll probably wait till the second week in May. We've seen some people have already taken their covers off. I think we'll wait. But the last 2 days would have been nice to go swimming, the days have been warm enough for it.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in soon.

I was puking all night and still feel like crap but wanted to come in and say hi.

Back to bed....

ruh roh, Tracy -- sounds like you got Macy's bug!! Did you take the medicine you gave her? :lol: Sorry you're not feeling good.

the house is quiet -- i think I might go back to bed. Hero always gets me up early. He doesn't understand the concept of "weekend".

The only thing I need to do today is go find a new floor lamp -- mine broke. Exciting life, eh?

Good morning!

Going to grab a second of Violet time while Kinsey is taking in strawberry Shortcake!!

She was with her Mommy last week, and they stopped at a yard sale, and now that is what she wants to do! Manda and I have an account at a used book store here, and so we always try to buy books at the yard sales to use for trade credit. The way we both read, it keeps it affordable!!! But to Kinsey it was a treasure trove!!! I guess now she thinks ALL yardsales have Barbie dolls and little girls purses---which is what she bought last week!!!

I need to take my Mom to town, to get some things done. Not fun stuff either. She needs to go to the cell phone store...the wait there could be forever! Then she has to buy a birthday gift for my cousins little girl who will be 5----so that means time in the toy dept. with a 4 year old!!! She is good, but she will want something for sure!!

Personally....or should I say "purse-anally" I want to shop for a new purse and get my pedicure and come home and spend time with Rick when he gets off. So hoping Mom is ready to go SOON!!

Rick and I want to go to Home Depot to check out a patio set I liked.....so looks like it will be a day of running around.

Manda will want the girl back fairly early today too---she works all week as well, so wants to spend time with her. And they already planned to take her to see the Earth Movie so guess I won't. I do not need the popcorn anyway. My scale is already stuck and not moving, guess that means I need to be....moving that is!!!

Pamela your Italy vacation sounds wonderful!!! I know what you mean about finding the little places that are less touristy! That was one of the best things about Manda living in Hawaii, we went to some of the greatest little holes in the wall!!!

Suzanne, I know how difficult it was for you to participate in your cousins funeral, but it was the last thing you could do for her in a way, and I know how much it meant to the family. My cousin read my Grandma's eulogy. We wrote it together, but there was no way I could have done it the justice she did....I would have blubbered my way through.

I can see Judy tending bar......double shot for Haydee!!! OOoops sorry, you can't hold Carson!!! Oh mix that one strong for Jane.....awwww sorry you can't hold Carson either!!! Here hand this pitcher to Terry and Kat!!! LOL Shame on you Judy!! How funny!

I shared this story with Tracy....I'll try to keep it short. One day Rick come riding home last fall with a guy he met through work with him--they were going to do some carb work on the guys bike. Well much to my surprise, and I honestly believe his at the time.....it was someone from my past!

We acknowledged knowing each other--and left it at that. This guy was more than a friend. He actually proposed to me at one point.....and we were "REALLY" close. I let it go and hoped that it was a one time show up and over. But it hasn't been, he keeps popping back up. So awhile back, he was joking with me in a way that I think Rick finally picked up that this was someone I had more than "met"---so I took advantage of the opening, and told Rick, I knew his friend quite well, and did he really want to know how well??? He declined, and has tried pushing the guy back, to where he quits just showing up etc.

Well he called a little bit ago---Rick I mean---to tell me that the guy called him out of the blue this morning, and invited us to a BBQ at his place. And said it seemed like he knew why the distance was there, because he assured Rick that his girlfriend would be there. So???? I told Rick "go, but I'm not" he said he only told me so I would not think he was keeping the invite away from me, and he didn't care to go either.

So just now the guy calls me here at home, he knows Rick is at work, he just talked to him. To tell ME about the BBQ---he said he wanted me to know he would never say anything to Rick. I told him I already told Rick everything anyway---he trusts me with reason. Trust was a major issue between the old guy and I. He just laughed!

So now.....I know I need to tell Rick that he called here too---but then Rick is going to be wanting to call him out on it, and I would prefer to just cold shoulder him out of our lives again.......I do not want this to make my weekend crappy!

Why can't the past stay in the past???

Well Strawberry Shortcake is over, so it is time to get going!

Will be back in later---everyone have a fun day!!!

XOXOXOX

Kat - I've got an idea.... why don't one or both of you just tell the guy straight up that you and Rick agreed that this is just not a comfortable relationship and prefer that he not call you or drop by any longer! I know you are not a girl who is afraid of speaking your truth, so speak it! I think the guy 'blew it' when he called you about the BBQ after just speaking w/ Rick. What is UP with that??? Creepy! :lol:

Uh oh Tracy ,was it all that wine?? :smile2:

Hope you feel better soon!

Last night Russell made my heart hurt, I fed Carson at midnight and put him down--I cover the bed to keep a/c and light out. I fell asleep, and Russ was in the living room playing xbox. I wake up to him calling for me all panicked. I couldn't just glance and see Carson over there, so I thought he got him and something happened, so I ran out to the living room shaking and panicked. Luckily it wasn't Carson, but it took me an hour to recover from that... Our dog apparently went stiff and fell head first off the couch, when I got out there Russ was holding and shaking her. She was fine by time I got there, but definitely scared Russ. Can't figure out what happened, but it didn't happen again..and she is acting fine-she won't go to the couch anymore though where she was. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, so I said maybe she just lost her balance and fell.

Carson has accidentally smiled a couple times since last night and it looks like he has a dimple... can't wait till he intentionally smiles so I can tell for sure!

I was 282lb by time I went into the hospital, I was 280 when I left (hmmm)...I know I was swollen from Fluid retention..anyway I am 265lb today, I'm losing about 1-2lb a day on average when I check. My restriction came back to where it was after having him, so I think he was squishing the tubing and keeping the fluid out. I definitely need a fill, but I don't feel wide open anymore.