Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Well I am back, went up to my dark work, went and made a house call, and now came back home. If we have electricity will go back at 4:30. I am sooo mad and upset!! I wonder what is going to happen!!!

Back again. Ethan is watching cartoons and has made it on the potty twice today. We're making some progress, but it's going to be a long haul, I'm afraid. He sure doesn't feel the need to use the potty unless I put him on it.

Jane..how rude of Charlie to put you in that position!! When will the power be back on???

Michelle... loved the post about the horoscope.. how spooky!! Kudos to you for eating well in spite of the stress. That's a MAJOR accomplishment!

The Bobster is gone for the day to a meeting so it's just me and Ethan here. I'm getting the laundry done and catching up on Facebook.

Doc. PamELa.. hope you're feeling better by the hour. Glad you finally went to the other Doc and got things taken care of. I remember those days of having to hurriedly get plans ready. I was 62 miles from work so I would just call one of the other kindergarten teachers and have her pull my basic plans off the computer and then update to whatever letter we were doing for the week. I so don't miss that type of stuff.

Back to laundry.. will check back later.

Kat-what time do u want me to call in the morning? (central time, lol) Anytime after 7:35 is good for me...lol

Oww Pam, UTI's are no fun. Did they tell you to drink cranberry juice?

Carson is a serious crier :laugh:

If we put him down to sleep he wails like crazy, so we're very sleep deprived. I have fallen asleep holding him, it's the only way I've had any rest, so as you can imagine it's very minimal.. 10 min here or there. Russ takes him too, but I can't sleep when he's crying.

He had jaundice when he was born and he lost weight in the hospital, so had to go to ped today to follow up. His jaundice went from 11.5 to 18, and he's still losing weight. :wub:

Hard to handle this kind of stuff as a new mommy, I want him to be all happy..

They told me he's not getting enough milk so I'm supplementing with formula starting today.. I am pumping too and realized I'm not making a whole lot yet, but pumping is increasing it..so hopefully in a couple days we can go back.

They sent a nurse to our house and set up a bili-bed for him to sleep on (blue light) and he straps in..she said he needs to live there, only come out for food & changing. Made me sad and then I thought, this is going to be miserable because if we put him down he never stops crying...

She said some babies like it--sure enough, he hasn't cried once since laying in it. He's been in there since 2pm today. She said in 2 days he should be back to normal levels, and luckily jaundice isn't reoccuring once it's 'fixed'.

This has helped me get some sleep, I slept most of this afternoon except when I got up to feed him.

The nurse comes back out every morning to check his levels. I don't remember anyone telling me they had to do this, when the ped called and told me we had to do it, I got all weepy. I feel bad since they said part of the cause is he's not eating enough, I'm feeding every 2 hours.. :tt1:

Hi Laura - ((((Hugs))) Yep, I went thru the exact same thing! My milk would just NOT come in!! My nipples were bleeding and raw from Evan sucking so hard and nothing would come out! I was in very intense pain and cried several hours per day trying to make that happen like the books said it should. I finally gave up and switched to the bottle and he was absolutely fine after that. Perhaps Carson is sleeping under the light better because he's got a full tummy for a change! And don't discount the major lack of sleep, recovery from major surgery AND raging hormones in your body -- everything is amplified 100x! Just a few more days and I guarantee things will be almost normal again. Makes you wonder how ANYONE survives twins...or triplets :):P:thumbup: eh?? Hang in there!

Well I am back, went up to my dark work, went and made a house call, and now came back home. If we have electricity will go back at 4:30. I am sooo mad and upset!! I wonder what is going to happen!!!
Jane, can't you go to work somewhere else? Things have been driving you nuts for awhile over there!! This straw would break the camel's back for me!! Tell your customers you have an electrical problem and had to shut down your breaker box or something. Sheesh!

My knee is better but the rest of my body is hurtin'!! I feel like I'm 80 years old today! It's OK -- it's a beautiful Spring day outside!! (Sorry, Judy -- you can pay me back in July)

Terry & Haydee-any of those places will work for me. Just stay close to he beltway so I do not get lost :thumbup: The beltway is a circle, I can not get lost on there....if I pass my exit I will eventually get there again... :)

...The receptionist, once again did not show up, so it was a busy, busy day!!! I have been wracking my brain....I know soon they will be asking if I know of anyone looking for work. Not sure of any that I would want to either recommend nor work with on a daily basis!!! My friends DIL is looking and has already ask----but if they think the receptionist now is not reliable, I don't think they would be impressed with her!!! LOL

Think I will just stay out of it, and let them hunt someone up!!...

oh yes, I would do the same thing... I've tried to recommend people in the past and when something happens it always fell back on me because I had recommended her. I'm not doing that again!

So sorry to hear about your SIL. That sucks that she's not getting better. I wonder what kinds of things she did to put herself into this predicament??

Laura - I'm so sorry to hear of all the trouble you have had with Carson. Is anyone else helping you other than Russell these next few days? Do you even want anyone else at the house? I know some women don't but I wouldn't want my mom to leave my side for at least a week after giving birth. But like the other girls said, I'm sure that you will be fine and that things will get better. Can't wait to see him in June!!

Judy - what kind of car did Kris get? I'm ready for a new car but Juan wants us to finish paying this one off first. I have one more year to go!

Pamela - Glad you're feeling better! UTI's sound horrible and I hope that I never have to endure that pain.

Busy day here at work but when is it not?? Sigh, I'm so ready for the weekend.

Having issues in my family right now and I wish I could fix things but I can't. Not my immediate family, my extended family but we were all very close and now we aren't. Mother's Day is coming up and there is a huge brouhaha stemming up...

Hey Vs thanks for all the kind words, today is a much better day.

The nurse came by and ran labs this morning, Carson is gaining weight and his bili is back to 13.. so they are going to take the bed back tomorrow morning. So relieved... and then sad to see this miracle bed go. He scrunches up his face to cry when I lay him down from feeding, I strap him in and he's whining and I click on the light and he just goes limp. Even if he's not alseep he just looks around quietly.

Haydee I thought I'd want my mom by my side for a few days, but I think the 3 days alone with him in the hospital got me comfortabe enough to be with him. Anytime I had questions or problems I just buzzed nurses. I had a lot of visitors in the hospital which kind of wore me out. I liked having the company, but I was so tired and I missed out on a lot of sleep I could have had.

My mom comes by everyday so far, she brought me premie diapers yesterday since his newborn ones don't fit.. and this morning we had to be here for the nurse but I had a doc appt, so mom took me.. and we went to Walmart and bought some more formula, then she stayed to feed him.

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say thanks again and let you all know I'm feeling better and that Carson is getting better!!

I am not responding to personals, but I am popping in and reading.. so I'm keeping up to speed!

Judy - what kind of car did Kris get? I'm ready for a new car but Juan wants us to finish paying this one off first. I have one more year to go!

Nathan got Kris a Chevy Traverse. It had the highest safety rating. It's a beautiful 7 passenger vehicle. I sure never got anything like THAT on my birthday!!!

Still no power, you know what I think I am the most mad about, which is REALLY stupid, is I waited to wear these cute earrings for Earth day. I am wearing a cute light orange sweater with white embroidered dots, with the earring being cute white round peace signs!! I have paired it with my Bracelet that I bought from one of the favorite (Terry) jewelry designers!!!

Haydee I think if you buy a new car this year you get to write off the sales tax! That may overwrite the payoff!!

Those are so cool Judy! I was checking those out when I was new car shopping. I ended up liking the Acura MDX more but the chevy was also one of my faves...

Jane - I'd get pissed if I were you too!! That was so cute about the earrings though but it does sound like something that would make me mad... Not many days that I dress up and make an effort so on the days that I do you better believe I want people to notice, LOL!!

Laura - I'm glad you're still posting and sharing on here. We don't care that you don't comment about our stuff, it's enough that we know what's going on with you... Love you!

Tracy/Terry - I'm not picky so anywhere is good for me! I've already told people i'm taking a loooonnngg lunch Friday, LOL...

Thank you guys so much for the flowers, seriously the most beautiful flowers I've ever received.

Suzie, (((HUGS)))

Laura, beautiful flowers for a beautiful mama!

I am soooo loving my flowers too! Seriously...they smell the whole house.

Terry, how is the knee?

Tracy, sleep well!

Jane, I would consider changing shops too! I would be hella pissed (your outfit sounded too cute).

Have a nice night ya'll!

xoxoxo