Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Morning, Violets...

I'm up and dressed for church. Just have to curl my hair and put on my make up. I had a granola bar for Breakfast and am waiting to start my first liter of Water.

It's 22 degrees right now and ice all over from all the snow that melted yesterday and froze last night. It's supposed to get up to 50 today and then 20 tonight, so it will be the same thing. The Bobster left at 7:15 as he is preaching at a church 3 hours away. He won't be home until this evening, so I have the whole day to myself. What to do, what to do?? A nap is in order for sure.

Terry.. I haven't had a chance to try the chicken yet, but definitely this coming week. It's on my grocery list!

Gotta scoot and get ready. Everyone have a great day! Spring is closing in...... isn't it????:)

Good Sunday Morning, Vi's~~

Snuggled on the couch w/the laptop, w/my fav tv show, "Sunday Morning," just beginning. Oh lovely. It's their annual Money episode. Bleh. I am so sick of hearing & talking about money.

Other than this, it'll be a horse show @ the barn, dd&ds come home, & regular stuff like cleaning & laundry & getting ready for the upcoming week. & I've got the artichoke chick dish on my grocery list as well -- and corned beef & cabbage for Tuesday as well!! Don't forget that!

Make it a great day, my beauties!!

Just finished sharing an english muffin with Peanut Butter with the hubby. Yummy

On my second load of laundry. Now I need to get dressed. Thought I would stop and get some Starburst to take to my nephew. It's one of his favorites.

I'll start in on my Water here soon, just don't want to drink to much so we aren't stopping alot along the way.

Hi everyone!

with no macy and all the cold & rain it makes for quiet lazy days around here.

have a great day ladies.

Suzie- I don't have an ass :/

One of my exes contacted me yesterday out of the blue! That's always weird.

I just got up, the glue trap in the bottom of the pantry is gone.. but the other 2 traps are there and the towel was still up against the crevice of the door. I'm afraid to find out.. Russ is asleep, so he either got rid of it, or he's caught on the trap and dragged it somewhere within the food (ugh!!!).

I have to say though, I'm not impressed with our non-glue traps. Both times we've set multiples of the snap traps that are in little black house things, and 1 glue trap and it looks like both times the glue trap won. On the other hand, the glue trap thing grosses me out.

Horse shows are fun Michelle!! Russ parents do them all year long, only 1 comes near us, so we normally go to it. This year they had to cancel it due to his dad's surgery, so I didn't get my yearly horseshow :) I love hanging out at the barns and watching (emphasize watching) them do all the meticulous work to get them ready.

I have a new favorite yummy. Due to the mouse incident, Russ found one of my Wild strawberry Jello packets I bought a while back (and forgot about because it fell behind stuff on the floor). I decided to make individual servings, with frozen strawberries in the bottom. Due to the hip pain I didn't feel like draining them first--which instructions say to do. So I just scooped frozen strawberries into bottom of ramkins, poured jello on top.. then eat it with whip cream on top. They are soooo good. I think this brand of frozen strawberries I have is the best I've ever bought (publix brand!).

Going to go have one for breakfast..

..... I need to take some aleve but I always get heartbutn when I do. It just kinda sits at my band and than I have to take some rolaidss. Vicious cycle we go thru.

Rememeber my nephew that stole my pain medicine this last summer. Well, he checked himself into rehab last week with an addiction to pain meds. Today we are driving to go visit him. It's about an hour and a half to where he is at. I'm so very proud of him that he finally admitted he was addicted. It's a long road ahead of him but I think he is strong enough to make it.

<Rant On>

Suzie - Sorry, but this worries me...and I'll tell you why. First of all, bandsters aren't supposed to take anti-inflammatories (like Advil and Aleve) at all because they are so hard on stomach tissue. But let me tell you a story, too. Before banding I was an Advil freak. I took it all the time for anything and everything that ever pained me. I always called it a miracle drug (still do!). After I got banded I would dissolve my anti-depressant meds in a bit of Water before slugging it down...it dissolved in an instant. One day I needed some Advil bad...I think I had hurt my back or something...and I decided to try to dissolve some Advil in water then slug it down. This was no easy feat because of the enteric coating that the pills have. But nonetheless I worked at it and worked at it and finally got it to dissolve. Then I slugged it down. :thumbup::eek::cool2: OMG It felt like BATTERY ACID going all the way down!!! I was in a sheer panic!! I'm telling you, it was BAD. The minute it hit my stomach, I started wretching horribly. I was scared! I drank about a gallon of water trying to flush my system of that stuff and I guess I did ok and there were no serious residual effects. THE LESSON HERE IS, uh yeah!!...if you take Advil or Aleve it WILL sit on your band because it's too big to go thru and YEAH, you better believe you will get some heartburn if not much worse! If you absolutely have to take an anti-inflammatory take liquid Motrin (made for children) and flush it down with LOTS and LOTS of water. OK?????? <Rant Off>

I'm SO glad to hear that your nephew checked himself in!! If he's strong enough to do that, he has a very good chance of success. I'll pray for him! It's a tough road, like you said.

Hi everyone!

with no macy and all the cold & rain it makes for quiet lazy days around here.

have a great day ladies.

Ain't it the truth? 2 things on my list today: clean my closet!!:tt2: and do some silverwork! Day isn't much good for anything else! DH is golfing in this crud!! :)

Wonder what Haydee is doing right now? Bitch! :)

Ok, gonna get off my butt now. Really.

Love you all! XOXO

I kind of 2nd Terry on the Advil thing. Advil is my miracle go-to drug too (oh my god, right now with the hip pain I keep telling Russ I feel like a druggie-I want to smuggle an Advil SO BAD.. Tylenol doesn't work, doc gave me lortab but they didn't do anything either; so not taking them) I Just need an Advil. I know Advil helps and it's muscle pains I have. Can't have it while pregnant :)

ANYWAY..

Since we're not suppose to have Advil, I went without for the most part, but between the time when I lost enough weight for my back to stop hurting, I did take Advil in extreme cases. Once I took it without washing it down, I woke up all night foaming and it was like battery acid!!!! That was disgusting, came up my nose and everything.

Since that time, if I take the Advil small tabs (not liquid gels) and drink an entire bottle of Water with it.. they do flush down. Make sure it's on an empty stomach to start so it flushes it through. Sometimes I'd eat something just to make sure. I never had a problem when I did it this way.

I do also keep liquid versions of all my drugs just in case (say I'm having a real tight day and don't want to risk it).

I need to clean my house, but everytime I get up to do it, I hurt too much to stand for more than a couple minutes. :) :thumbup:

I keep looking for a house cleaner, but there's something that bothers me about all of them. The last one, her flyer says 'GUARANTEED TO BEAT ALL ESTIMATES'. So I showed her, she's $10 more expensive than my last estimate, and she just said she can't beat that-without hesitating. Now, I don't mind, in fact paying $10 more wouldn't have bothered me.. what bothers me now, is that the big thing she advertises and the header of her flyer--- isn't true!! It's completely the principle, it bothers me that it's a lie. So now I don't like her.

Russ won't clean, so he keeps bugging me to get the cleaner since he knows I can't clean. I wish I was a lesbian times like these, a woman partner wouldn't let our house get dirty when I'm out of commission :cool2:

So since I am pretty bed ridden today, I rented a couple movies from Amazon unbox. Watching Vikki Cristina Barcelona right now.. kind of a weird movie.. and I am going to watch Changling next--looks sad.

Edited by FairyFacade

Laura, I am dying to know what happened to that third mouse glue thing?

KAT OH KAT!!!!!!!!!!

Will work on taxes today, and one of my customers wants me to play travel agent. She is elderly and the computer scares her, she wants to go to Denver.

Well off to start a day of piddling and real work!!

Jane

Me too, I woke Russ up to ask about the trap.. he said he caught the mouse, and I asked why the other 2 are still in there and he mumbled. I'll get the full story when he wakes up, but I'm glad to know the mouse is gone!!!!!

I just cleaned out the pantry of my crackers, croutons and cereals that were opened.. just in case.. yuck!!

There is mouse poop in there, I haven't figured out the best way to remove it yet.

Sad....just sitting here waiting for Part II of Lauras mouse story....I need to get a life. lol

Gotta LOVE when you get pics of your daughter hanging in mid air by a bungee cord @ the mall....she is having a ball with her mawmaw & pop!!!

post-220113-13813138221595_thumb.jpg

Where in the world is she, Tracy???