Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Ok, just bit the bullet (after biting, chewing, and swallowing everything else around here!) and called AND e-mailed my surgeon's office about getting another order for a flouro fill. I've been putting off doing that because I know it's going to be a whole big thing... telephone tag... back & forth... blah dee blah... but I NEED IT so I did it. The first attempt. Cross your fingers that it's not going to be as complicated as I think it is going to be.

I wonder why TracyKS is avoiding us????

Just got back from a little shopping, now I'm off to go to work. BIL is going to grill hamburgers for dinner tonight. Yippeee.

Judy having Grady withdrawls.. Cute.

Terri, I mailed a package to you today. They said to look for it around Friday.

YAY Michelle!! I am so jealous, I wish I could go tomorrow for a fill.

I e-mailed my band doc, his doc assist, and his nurse.. and explained my worries about the chest pains & loss of restriction, etc. to see if they have any thoughts on it--should I get fluero when I come for a fill in May, etc. Waiting to hear back, I hate that I have a feeling they will say come in before that; but with my back hurting, there's no way in hell I'm riding in a car for 6 hours. I just can't do it. Because of this, I wasn't going to mention anything to them till the time came (who knows, it all may go back to normal by then)--but Russell was lecturing me at lunch yesterday, and I know if something were to happen and I didn't contact them, it'd turn into an "I told you so" thing.

Oby called me back, by time she did, I already made an appt. with my old chiro (back from high school)-my mom said when she went to him he mentioned he was doing adjustments for his wife during her pregnancy, so I thought I'd ask.. the lady I talked to explained he actually does a lot of pregnant women, and told me the benefits of it in general (easier deliveries, etc.) she gave me warm fuzzies, so I am going there tomorrow morning first thing!!

When oby called, she said (was the nurse) they don't really have anyone they recommend, that they could try the Spine Care center.. so I told her I made an appt. and if that doesn't work out, I'll have them call me into the Spine Care center. They called me in a bottle of Lortab though and she told me to take it sparingly only when I really need it--I know when this time is, after I've slept some, I am at that desperate place I use to be in when I had bad back problems and am willing to cut my legs off with a knife.. only this time it's my hips.

Well so far so good! I've already received an e-mail back from the "Bariatric Patient Liaison" that she forwarded my e-mail to the PA and the flouro-fill scheduler. Could it be that this will be easier than I thought??

Laura... I feel for all your pain, I really do. I've been having right hip and left sciatic nerve/back pain for about the past month or more... intermittantly... but at night it can be horrible and I sometimes wake up crying out in extreme pain after moving in my sleep... ow ow ow! So I feel ya, sista! But I don't have the "reason" of being pg. My kids have started calling it my "old lady hip" when it acts up during the day & I limp... see what loving kindness you have to look forward to when Carson is older?? LOL!! :biggrin: But my "self-diagnosis" is that it's the weight I've put back on & that it'll go away once I get back on track AND STAY THERE. Seriously, visiting the track for a day or two just does not count! Ugh.

I'm in a "I suck" mood today. Bleh.

Add to that that I get to go to Middle School Orientation for dd tonight... waaa waaa. How is it that she's going into MS already??? My baby!!!

Laura, I am sooo happy you got an appointment. Seeing a chiropractor has worked so well for me it is unbelievable. I would pay three times as much out of pocket just because it helped sooo much . . . and then I am good for weeks. From nightly and daily misery (where every hour seems like it is going on for a century and you can't even concentrate) to weeks without hardly giving my back a second thought.

My OB couldn't suggest a chiropracter either. She said it might be difficult to find a good one who will take pregnant patients because of the risks involved.

found one who has a thriving business both close to my home and in amish country where he specializes in pregnancy. I guess the amish community strongly believes in chiropractic care during pregnancy and they come in regularly whether they have back problems or not, even for infants afterwards to ease the strain of delivery. I was actually quite surprised. I live near the city and there are no amish around here, but I have seen them in his office. Evidently he is so popular, they will follow him to the city when an adjustment is sorely needed and he is in his alternate office. They hire people to drive them (which surprised me a bit because I thought if you weren't supposed to drive, you weren't supposed to ride in cars).

One week he was out of the office and I really needed an adjustment . . . his partner was in so he adjusted me instead. It never relieved my symptoms, my ribs started aching, and I was back a few days later looking for my regular chiropracter. There is something to be said for someone experienced with pregnancy.

Hi there everyone!

I am going through some kind of fix myself/destroy myself tug-o-war in my brain. Last night I had a revelation...I won't go into it here, I will just blog about it when I get a few extra minutes.

I hope TracyinKS is OK.

((((hugs)))) to all violets :biggrin:

I am going through some kind of fix myself/destroy myself tug-o-war in my brain.

You're in the right club for that, TracyK!! :biggrin:

Good evening, Violets..

It's been a very quiet day here today. No Grady, but then I forgot his doctor's appointment is in a town closer to Kris and not here in Alpena. So I don't know when I'll get to see him next.

The dogs are groomed and look so cute.

I'm off to my New Day Singer's rehearsal. Last one before our concert Friday.

TracyK.. I commented on your blog. You hang in there, woman!!! We're all in the same boat.

Everyone have a great evening...

Catch ya later...

Home from work and getting caught up on Am. Idol.

BIL is outside grilling some burgers for us.

Not much else to report.

Hope everyone that needs it has a better day tomorrow.

Hugs.

Oooooo!!! A package??? Wheeeee!! I haven't had a package in a long time! Thanks, Suze!

I noticed my son has gained weight since living with us (since Jan.)!! Wonder what that means??? Of course, I've been making all kids of high calorie comfort foods for him...he's 6' and weighed about 145!! Looks like he might be pushing 160 now which I am much more comfortable with! He was tooooooooooo skinny and it made me worry. guess that would explain my own weight gain, eh?

I know ya'll must think I'm a little nuts to worry about 1.5 or 2# but I'm serious when I say it is almost impossible for me to lose it once I've gained it! So even though I don't have big swings in my weight it just creeps up and up and up a wee bit at a time. I'm TRYING to do better simply by not snacking ...it's a start anyway.

I wish TracyKS would come back to us. Makes me sad and I miss her.

I may need an un-fill, a tad....had .5 put in 10 days ago...I had trouble getting Soup down at lunch, we went out for mexican, and my enchilada and margarita went down ok, but I did PB a little bit...I have lost 6 lbs in 10 days....but I have about 35 to go....I dunno, I dunno....

Hello everyone! I have a prayer request.

My cousin Ryan the one who went to jail, is having a hard time. He has lost 32 pounds in the two months he has been in jail. He could stand to lose maybe 3 pounds. My mom is beside herself with worry, not to mention my cousins wife, and my aunt and Uncle. I really don't know what to ask for you to pray for, but somehow he has to find the will to live, and be at least a little content. It is a tough time, and adjusting to it is not happening. Carrie was supposed to be able to see him after a month. Still no one has been allowed. He can't have any books, magazines, tv or anything. He only gets out of his cell for 1 hour a day. It sounds like a pitiful situation. I send him puzzles and magazine articles, you can send him up to 5 pages in a letter. I write to him. Of course I haven't heard back. Just pray for some kind of peace to come over him and my family, this is just such a horrible horrible position to be in.

Thank you soo much.

Jane~ Sending you and yours some love, prayers and encouragement!

Yeah, tonight was Italian, and tomorrow after the tattoo is Mexican. :thumbup::cursing::tt1: No, I can not not go either...not tonight (Sus's birthday w/ friends) or tomorrow going w/ friends after tattoo. Oh well...one day I will use this band!

xoox