Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Evening, Violets..

Just back from choir and Lenten services and seeing Grady. He was not a happy camper this evening. He certainly has a great set of lungs!!

I'm running out of gas and am going to bed soon. Ethan comes again tomorrow and we're going to take him to see cousin Grady.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

I'm home from my Personal Training workout. I can barely left my arms.

I sure hope that TracyKS is having a great time.

Tomorrow I will be gone most of the day. Alot of running around to do. And I have my Women's Ministry tomorrow night. It's my turn to bring Snacks with 2 other women. I made some oatmeal Lace Cookies with a dip for them, Spiced nuts and Lime sherbert punch.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow and I'll check in when I get a chance.

Tracyk I thought it said meth lab too!! Then I read your post! Great minds..........

Home and tired from work. Long day. I finally have the appointment for the hemotologist tomorrow, they want me to have an Iron infusion, and I think it is a bunch of $^*(, my sister is going with me tomorrow, she is a nurse and will be able to understand all this better than I! So I am off tomorrow. I normally go in at noon on Thursdays, my appointment is at 2, didn't really know how long it would take, then I was coming back for a foil at 6, and she rescheduled, so I am just not going in. I have never been to this dr. before, I guess i am going to have to get on the scale.< /p>

Oh well everyone have a good nite, I have some tv to catch up on!!!

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Does this week feel like it's dragging?? To me it feels like it should be Friday already. ugh.

Another busy day... Book Fair week is always like that... I'm at school everyday for hours selling books & having fun w/the kids... I love BF & will miss it next year when dd is in Middle School.

DH leaves for work travel today, so it'll be me & the kids thru Sun night. And guess what? We'll be busy! Ha! Bet you didn't see THAT one coming, huh?! :) Both kids have many activities this wkend.

Tonight's also the PTA meeting, so I've got to prep for that. Honestly, I'm counting down the months (2.5) left until THAT commitment is over. That's one decision that I should've re-thunk... I already WAS the Prez for 2 years previously, I shouldn't have caved so easily when they wanted me to do it again... oh well, live & learn.

Off to hit the shower... make it a great day, everyone!

Good morning~

Had a great nights sleep (drug induced :)) I really needed it.

My sis is staying here a couple of days...family drama on her end and her nerves can not stand it any longer so her dh sent her here to get her away from it.

have a great day...

Good Morning, Violets..

It's a beautiful day here.. 26 degrees and the sun is shining. Ethan is here and we're going to go up and see cousin Grady in a little while. He's seen pictures and I'm anxious to see what he thinks of a real little baby.

Just finished Breakfast. Ethan likes tuna with soy nuts too. He's his Gramma's boy!

Nothing on the agenda today as far as meetings and rehearsals. The choir did very well last night at Lenten services. We don't host the services again until the 25th. I made potato sausage Soup to take and by the time choir rehearsal was over and we could get upstairs to eat, my soup was gone. Nothing else looked good to me so I skipped dinner until we got home from the hospital and then I had my normal tuna/soy nuts. Actually, that's all I had for food yesterday all day!! Three meals of tuna/soy nuts. I did have some cashews, but the best part was I did not take even one Cadbury mini egg that Kris had in her room. I resisted and respected the pouch!! woooo hooooo!!

I'm making the ham/cheese soup for supper tonight.

Ethan is calling me to read, so I better get back to business. Everyone have a great day!!

Just glancing @ this post I thought it said 'meth lab' :):crying::lol:

I read that post the exact same way at first glance, lol. Then I had to laugh when you mentioned it the next post.

I want some Grady squeezing too, I think it would be very satisfying.

I had a donut for breakfast . . . wth was I thinking?

Also, I don't know about everyone else, but for me I set a precedent in the morning and for some reason it seems to structure how well I am eating the rest of the day. If I start badly . . . I usually end in a similar fashion or vice versa. It is like my thoughts run on one of two tracks . . . I started off good so I should stay on track or I already blew it so why bother? Does any one else think this way???

How funny, I had a donut for breakfast too!! I brought a handful of red grapes, but when I got to the coffee pot to get hot Water for my tea--there was a box of donuts.

How funny, I had a donut for breakfast too!! I brought a handful of red grapes, but when I got to the coffee pot to get hot Water for my tea--there was a box of donuts.

It was the same thing for me, lol. Just an innocent box of donuts sitting unexpectedly by the coffee pot, I didn't even know they would be there . . . but there they were just a callin my name.

I think pregnancy has completely affected my impulse control. If I am tired, I need to rest NOW. If I am hungry, I need to eat NOW. If I am cranky, I need to blow off steam NOW. If I am feeling emotional, I need to Cry/Laugh/Yell NOW.

I used to be a middle of the road kind of gal, but no longer, lol. That poor, defenseless donut never stood a chance!!!

Still feeling crummy. Kinsey and Manda are are at the dentist, then she is dropping Kinsey off with Nana and she is going back to work. I am having lunch with my friend Marie, she is having some SERIOUS family crap go on, and she just filed for legal custody of her grandkids, so she needs an ear and a shoulder, even if the rest of me is sniffly. Poor thing. It seems like my whole group of close friends is having some sort of crisis with kids/grandkids.

Becky just found out that her grandson, is technically not her grandson, another man fathered him, not Becky's son. They all say that is in the past, and he is theirs, and the fight has just begun. They love him--it is just a scary prospect, that should she decide to leave or something, they have no rights.

With my son and his wife split, she is talking about moving to Tuscon. So who knows when we would see Connor or the baby due in August. If her Mom has anything to do with it, it would be never.

Another friend who has helped her son to raise his son who is 5 called in tears, the boys Mom who has not seen him in over 4 years appeared on her doorstep with a Sherrif, and took the boy.

You think the problems and worries go away when your kids get grown, but they just move on to the grandkids, and are one more step removed, we have even less control.

Judy I am so glad that through it all you got to be the constant in Ethans life, that is so important. I bet he is surprised by how little the new cousin is-even though adults (especially women!!!) are shocked by his birth size! My little nephew was feeling very left out when the youngest nephew was brought home. So I give him a little Pez candy dispenser, and he was all bowed up and told me he wasn't sharing with 'Brandon Baby'!I told him that was fine, that 'Brandon Baby' didn't have any teeth to eat candy with. His eyes got huge....and he says NO TEETH? I told him nope, and he couldn't walk, so his candy was safe. Something about him being unable to walk or not having teeth, calmed him, and he decided he better help protect the baby!! Was hilarious his look when he heard that the baby had no teeth!!

I do not have a donut issue! That was the worst PB of my life, and it has definitely colored the way I look at donuts!!! Y'all can have mine.

Judy how goes the exercise with being in the hospital--------you can use the stairs in the daytime, that is what I did!

Well I am off to answer some email, and get dressed. Will check in later today...hugs!

Never PB'd on a donut, mmmm sweet sweet donut. I did control myself to an extent, I REALLY wanted to grab a chocolate glazed & normal glazed. But I talked myself into only getting 1 :)

Any of you heard of chest pain during pregnancy? I'm trying to google info (people mention heartburn--this is NOT heartburn, although I have plenty of that too), 2nd time it's happened this week--both times were caused by sleeping on my left side. First time the other night I thought it had to do with my port (which is in my chest) and I thought I squished/pulled it or something. Sitting up and stretching made it better. About 2 hours before I woke today, I rolled onto my left side, so when I woke up this morning I had horrible tightness and pain in the center of my chest, I sat up and stretched and it didn't go away. I rubbed my port, no help.. when I raised my arms I realized the pain shot to my back. Was very uncomfortable and took about 10 minutes to go away. Pair that with the fact that even tho I was feeling slightly better after PT yesterday, by last night I was WORSE.. now my right hip hurts like my left hip does. Takes me 10 minutes to hobble down the hallway at work right now.

Man, Laura! You are in BAD shape!! :) Aches and pains everywhere! What about your allergies...how are they doing?

Heather - if I have a carby breakfast it sets up carb cravings (read: horrible eating) all day long! As a habit I have cottage cheese & berries for breakfast, but after lunch I like to have (read: HAVE to have) a wee bit (read: as much as I can get my hands on) of chocolate. If I do that, the rest of my day is pretty much shot. LOL If I do manage to resist those lunchtime cravings, then I justify choco-indulgence after dinner!! <sigh>

Where is everybody???? Jane emailed that she couldn't get on the site. Anyone else having problems??

I took Ethan up to see his cousin today. He was not impressed. But he did like seeing Aunt Krissy and Uncle Nathan.

Grady was sleeping soundly when I was there. I got to hold him for a long time. They are scheduled to go home this evening. They are anxious to get back to their own house and get settled in. Kris slept from midnight to 5 this morning and I told her that was probably the last good night's sleep she'll have in a longgggggggggg time!

Nathan is home to help her until next Wednesday. I plan on taking supper out Thursday and Friday next week.

Ethan want to plan games on the computer so I better stop typing for now.

I haven't been doing well on the exercise, Kat. I've been too busy with Ethan and then sitting and waiting for Grady to arrive. I hope to get back in the groove next week.

BBL...

I was having issues earlier too. I had written but when I went to post it just froze and got stuck...

Ditto with breakfast Heather. It totally sets my mind for how the rest of the day is to go... Right now it's been 80% bad and 20% good, sigh...

I was gonna go get a fill this weekend but Juan asked me to hold off until after vacation. We want to make sure that we won't be short of money for next month because he won't be working for 10 days while we're gone... He unfortunately does not have paid vacations...

It's so nice here today! Sunny and warm. I'm wearing a summer dress with a light cardigan and my sandals. I'm so ready for summer....