Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

WOW, What a big baby!! He looks like he's 6 months old already!!! He's so cute and I'm in love!! I love those meaty thighs, LOL.

I agree, Grady is a keeper!!! What a cutie.

I know birth size has little to do with eventual size, I mean, I was a small baby!! LOL But my Dad who was a 10 pounder as well, grew to be 6'5"--------and Nathan is tall as well, so looks like Grady may well follow suit.

On the other hand Kinsey was itsy bitsy! She is now slowly catching up. She was under 5 pounds at birth, and by age 2 had only made it to 17 pounds! But she is back on the charts height wise! She never made the charts in anything but head size for years!!! LOL Now she is on in height. The old double the height at 2 shows her to be 5'4" fully grown, which give or take an inch or 2 will be fine! Her Paternal grandma wears heals to make 4'11"! My family is all tall, so it was a toss, and looks like she will fall in the middle!!

I bet Grady gets some height to him tho.....

I showed Kinsey his pictures, and she said she is going to ask her Mommy to get them a baby!!! Manda is so gonna love me!!!

I have not felt this crummy in a long time. I was sick yesterday and spent most of the day rebuilding fence on the hill---trying to keep kids out, and eliminating some flamables---logs we used for seats when pitching horseshoes, dried leaves. The backs of my thighs are so sore from bending it is unreal! IT looks good up there, I am calling the resource officer to come see the change so if I have to call him for damages, he will see what has been changed. I am also taking pictures this afternoon, of all angles with my new signs posted. So if and when they catch these kids doing things, I have evidence. I plan to ask them to remove the trees they killed, and replace them, in exchange I would not press formal charges---and their record would remain clean, if they refuse, I will tell them to go for it!

Tracy, Rick said if you put your foot on the brake and revved it up, and it did not clank, then he would look elsewhere before focusing on the crank shaft. He said it may just be beginning, and it could be that or a rod sticking, and only be happening intermittently.

I know that doesn't help! Sorry! So much for diagnosing over the computer!!!

I am trying to do laundry today, but carrying the baskets of clothes is almost more than I can do today---what a wimp I am. My head feels like a big ol bass drum, tight and big. The rest of me just hurts...and it migrates, from a finger hurting, to my hair follicles hurting to an elbow--but hey it is always something new to complain about!!!

I'll check in later......once again Judy, congrats, I am so glad he is here safe and sound. Please let Kris know we think he is just perfect, and she did not fail, she just grew him EXTRA good!!! Enjoy your grandsonS today!!!

Kat

Good morning. Long day at work today. Go in at 10 get off around 9 tonight.

I have got a question, for the past week or so I have been having bumps, (swollen taste buds?) on my tongue, any idea to help them? They hurt a little, but they are making my tongue swell a bit, making me bite the sides of my tongue or cheek. No biggie, just aggravating!

Well congrats again on the baby!! Too cute!!

Have a good one everyone!!!

Janie-I get those and I use oragel for the pain...it is temporary but pain free temporarily is better than never pain free...

Holy moley Judy, he DOES look like a 6 month old baby already lol. No wonder Kris looked so pregnant :blush:

He is adorable, ok my turn!!!!!!

Me & my siblings were all 21 inches long, and we're all tall.. My bro was 10lber and he is a big guy now, but I was only 7lb and I ended up being the 'biggest' thickness wise when we grew up.

Having a hot chocolate with 'pick me up' in it (caffeine I imagine). I see the PT today.. yay.

Wow, I am amazed what a big boy Grady is . . . I can't imagine carrying around a baby internally at well over 10 pounds. I bet he has already outgrown all of his newborn clothes before he ever even touched them, lol.

Laura has a point about pitocin leading to c-sections. Anecdotally, everyone I know who has had it has also had a c-section. Kat is the first person who mentioned someone who had it and still delivered vaginally.

I was reading in a baby book last night that said doctors still don't know exactly what combination of events/signals within the body that triggers labor to begin. It was hypothesizing that there could even be signals that come directly from the baby signaling that they are ready for the outside world. It is interesting to think about.

Has anyone heard anything about why LBT is on the blink more often than not lately??? Occasional hiccups aren't unusual but this has been many days of frequent problems.

Heather, LBT is changing servers right now, it's suppose to be fixed definitely by tomorrow.

I saw some Discovery show or something years ago and they said they think babies release a hormone to signal they are ready to come out.. but then everything I've read/heard since then is that they 'don't know'.

Good afternoon, Violets..

I just got back from seeing Grady. He's so darn cute! He looks smaller to me today than yesterday, but then again he was all puffed up yesterday from the trauma of being born.

And he has no choice except to be tall. His mom is 5'7" and his dad is 6'11". When Nathan holds Grady, I can't even see him, even with my heels on!!! I have to ask him to bend down.. lol

Kris tried to nurse today and it's difficult to hold Grady because of the incision, but he was doing pretty good. The nurse who taught the breast feeding class is going to come in and help her too. Kris got really sick about 3 this morning when the anti-nausea meds wore off. They gave her some more and she was fine. She, Nathan and Grady were going for a stroll when I left today. I'll go back tonight after Lenten services tonight. Grandma Pat had to bring a different outfit to take Grady home in. The one Kris brought is way too small as are the newborn diapers she has. She's going to give them to the Baby Pantry here in town.

The Bobster and I got Kris a Pandora Bracelet with a baby buggy and a purple charm. She loved it. So now I can add to it on her birthday next month and on Mother's day. This is going to be fun!!

Time to figure out lunch and see if Ethan will ever wake up from his nap.

Have a great day!!!

I am darn tootin' mad today that I cannot see pics from my desk at work!!!!!:blush::):crying::scared2::lol::wink2::thumbup::thumbup: I wanna see Grady!!!!!

**************IMPORTANT TRIP INFO*************

I mapped the lake house from Birmingham Airport and it's and hour and 45 min drive. Well, guess how far it is from Huntsville airport!?!? An hour and 20 minutes!!! Either airport will work as long as you can coordinate with cars, flight times, etc.

So!.......flying into B'ham (BHM) might be cheaper/easier for some of you,because it's $50 cheaper for us Houstonians. Check it out!!

Oh Judy, What a cutie,,,,,,,but I'm not impressed with the weight. Luke was 10.1 Amy was 10.10 and Jack came in at 11.4. I tried to get my sister to have one more so she could get into the world's rcord book. lol.

I loved the pics and especially the one of you holding him. You make a perfect couple.

Terry... according to the website you sent, the house is 35 minutes from my house??? And I'm 2 minutes from the airport..

Goin back to double check.

Little less than an hour using mapquest from my house to the cabin.

The ad for the cabin says... (30

to 40 min. easy four lane drive to Huntsville).

Edited by FairyFacade

Laura, I'll email you the address.....

hey chicas

i am checking in from the math lab. i am DRAGGIN' today...ready for a nap or some chocolate infusion. have a great day everyone! Wish i could squeeze on Grady!!

xoxoxo

hey chicas

i am checking in from the math lab. i am DRAGGIN' today...ready for a nap or some chocolate infusion. have a great day everyone! Wish i could squeeze on Grady!!

xoxoxo

Just glancing @ this post I thought it said 'meth lab' :confused::confused::lol:

HAHA...if it were a meth lab, I wouldn't be draggin'! But you never know...I do live in California!