Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Woohoo!! I think she said 6oz too (10lb 6oz), I was at dinner. I was going to post from my phone but some reason mobile LBT is having issues so I was texting & calling to let everyone know lol.

I like the name Grady, but wow what a big boy.

And another case of Pitocin ending in a C-section!!! See?!

Oh yea!!!!! Congratulations Judy, Bob, Kris and Nathan!

Welcome Grady!!

Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone text TracyKS?????

:tongue2:Congratulations Judy & Bob -- new Grandparents!!

:)

:mellow:

(& I think that @ 10lbs 6 oz, pitocin had NOTHING to do w/the C-section! Wowza, that's a BIG BOY!)

(Just think... a mere 8 months or so ago, Judy & Kris were parasailing!! Time flies!...)

I'm so happy for your family, Judy!!

Thanks Pammy.

Here's a recipe I got last night.

High Protein Gelatin

1 pkg. sugar-free flavored gelatin

1 cup boiling water

1 cup cold water

1 scoop unflavored protein powder

1 pkg. Crystal Light ( any flavor)

1. Combine Gelatin package with 1 cup boiling Water. Stir for 2 min. Place in refrigerator for 5 min. or until geltain is approximately 130F

2. Combine 1 cup cold water, 1 scoop unflavored Protein Powder and crystal light. Stir until relatively well dissolved.

Combine cold protein mixture to warm gelatin mixture. Stir. Place in fridge until form. Protein powder may settle toward bottom

Laura, when Kinsey was born they used Cervagel (don't trust my spelling of it!) it was inserted, and was used to ripen the cervix. Then the pitocin drip. And Kinsey was a vaginal birth.

I think with Grady's size, a c section was a wise move!

I look back---my Dad was 10 pounds 10 ounces when he was 3 days old---weighed on the butchers scale, same as all babies in the area! He was my Grandma's first baby, and he was born at home!

Can you seriously imagine!!!???

Look forward to hearing the story from Judy---if we ever get her back. I know how hard it is to drag yourself away!! LOL

See y'all tomorrow. Gotta go fight it out on another thread, then head to bed!!

Kat

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

Another busy day... Book Fair, work, errands, activities... + getting dh packed up to go out of town ('til Sun night) for work... so I'll be "single mom'ing" it again for a few days... Make it a good one, girlies!!

Good morning ladies!

Congrats Judy....he is beautiful!!

Have a great day everyone.

Oh btw...they could not find anything wrong with the van. It didn't make the noise while it was there....go figure. Oh well, at least I know somethings up and I can prepare ahead of time for it!

Respect the pouch!

Good Morning, Violets..

Well, I finally got some sleep last night, but it took a while before I could turn my mind off! This is our 5th grandchild, but it sure is different when it's your only daughter's child. You know what she's going through and you want to make it all perfect.

We knew the baby was going to be big, just not THAT big. There was no way she could deliver it vaginally, especially with her pelvic area being narrower than normal. The pitocin worked, it just was working against nature. I'm so glad the doctor decided on a c section. Kris was sobbing thinking she had failed, but she felt so much better afterwards knowing how impossible it would have been otherwise.

Grady nursed last night and was just looking around all the time at all of us. I imagine it was a pretty scary time for him, but he settled right into his mommy's arms and that was just a beautiful miracle.

Now on to today and back to reality!! Ethan comes this morning. We haven't had him since last Thursday so I'm anxious for some hugs and kisses. I'll go and visit Kris and Grady this morning and then Bob will go this afternoon. We have Lenten services at our church tonight so I'll stay long enough to direct the choir in their anthem and then cut out so I can say good night to Grady.

I did good on the pouch test till we got home last night and then I blew it on some crackers, Peanut Butter and jelly and a couple of handfuls of wheat thins. Back on track today.

I'm going to go have my Breakfast and wait for Ethan.

Everyone have a great day!!

Hey gang, I'm just swinging by, been awhile. Wow, a new grandbaby! and a big grandbaby at that, 10 lbs - thats what I call a keeper!

I recently had a hysterectomy, was off work for 6 weeks, and finally feeling a little back to normal. Still really tired, but getting better everyday. I joined Weight Watchers, hoping it will help me lose these final 10 lbs I want to lose in order to be at a healthy weight (I really want 20, but will take 10 for now!). So far i'm down 2.6 lbs since joining.

I just got released from the doctor to start exercising again, so I've been getting up at 4:45 am and hitting the gym all week. But by mid moring, I'm pooped. I might have to hold off on the 5 am workouts for a few more weeks if my body stays this tired. grrrrr.

Well, I better get to work, just wanted to swing by and say hello to all the shrinkin violets.

Bon Jour Violetes~

Judy...congrats g'ma! He is muy grande...and looks healthy and alert! I love the way Kris was looking at him...already in love w/ him.

Today is like my Friday! I have a conference tomorrow, then no students and meetings on Friday! Kinda cool...at least I am tricking myself into thinking it is Friday!

I am AMAZED at how much I got done yesterday. Just bam bam bam...things were done. Plus cooked dinner (pork chops and zuccinni, brussel sprouts and salad). I learned that at 41...I don't like brussel sprouts:puke:.

What else...just another day here in paradise!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxo