Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Morning Ladies~

It's 3 degrees out there! brrrrrrrrrr

OMG...I would die! Today it is gonna be 85! But then while you enjoy warm mild summers, we suffer w/ 115+. I will be checking my phone for baby texts! Please someone text me!

Today, my nieces and nephew are coming over. We are technically "sitting", however, I prefer the term "hanging out with some of my favorite people". We are going out to Breakfast, then bowling. Then Sus starts her new softball season and we will go to the park for the season kick off! Then my SIL will pick them up there about 3ish! That is our day!

I am finishing a term for Walden today, and starting another one tomorrow...so later is grading papers! We are narrowing the dates for my defense and I will let you know when I do...cross your fingers for April 8th!

Tracy, hopefully the car issue will go away. Maybe there is only ONE thing that needs tightening or something!

Laura, can't wait to see pix!

xoxoxooxxo

Have a great day!

Tracy----is the noise rattling? Or is it worse during acceleration? Do you hear it at all when you are just idling? Is it worse when the van is in gear? Is it worse when you turn? Can you hear whereabouts under the van it is coming from--engine area or along the frame?

I am taking it none of your dummy lights are on....which is good!

Rick does a lot of phone Dx for the family......so he might be able to give you an idea what to look for or at.

On our van, the exhaust system dropped a bracket, and it rattled like hell! It was a vibration type of noise....which roared/rattled when I accelerated--both in gear and in park. When Rick looked under it, he saw it, it was like a $3.00 fix for the bracket----and it was all better.

I have the advantage of DH being a mechanic! In fact the van I drive-------was given to us, because the friend of ours that had it, she blew the engine (more later) and Rick pulled the old engine, bought one from a junk yard and dropped it in. Which is deceptive--because being a van, he literally lifted the body OFF of the engine, then rolled the engine out, and the new one under, and then lowered the body and all the other components back down!!!

As for the blown engine-------this is totally important for all cars. The reason the engine blew was a mismatched radiator cap----6 bucks! It can also happen if the right radiator cap is put on wrong. It does not allow the heat of the Water that is supposed to be cooling the engine to eb and flow with the heat being dispersed. It caused the thermostat to fail, and locked up the engine-------hundreds of dollars for the engine, and it would have been thousands if DH had not done it himself.

It is sometimes the little things....

If your van is not running badly, or overheating-and all your fluids are checked out,and not changing drastically------it is likely a simple fix.

Wish you could drive over for Rick to take a look!!! Man how I wish that, and the van has nothing to do with it!!! LOL

Judy--today is the day!! Manda did that, piddled with labor the last 2 days of November, and then Kinsey was born the first of December!! And like I said yesterday--I so totally sympathize with your position in this. Being a Mom in waiting is bad, but at least you know what is going on at all times-------not so with Grammy in waiting. Point here Laura---keep in touch with your Mom and often!!! LOL

Well I guess we are going riding. Rick got his Moms car fixed, she had a wheel bearing, and CV joint out. Now it is finished, and Connors party is not until 4. His gifts are all wrapped and ready.

In the Dollar Tree the other day I got a sheet of stickers---I think they were for scrapbooking. It has a dragon, and a hippo and an alligator, and mice, all kinds of animals all done up in birthday hats, with balloons and curly streamers, and balloons with Happy Birthday spelled out. And then extra balloons with letters for a name. So we bought them, and I let Kinsey pick a plain gift bag, and we decorated it this morning. I LOVE IT!!! I am going back for more, it is sooooo cute!

Anyway--our friends will be here to ride soon--so I guess I should go get ready. I do not feel like going really--I have a massive head cold, it hit last night, Kinsey and I both, at the arena cross event, she is coughing, I am just stuffy headed, yet my nose runs like a faucet. Fun.......not!

Will check in later to see how Grady/Madison is progressing!!!

Tracy----is the noise rattling? Or is it worse during acceleration? No

Do you hear it at all when you are just idling? YES, this is mostly when we hear it

Is it worse when the van is in gear? Idling at a red light or in park.

Is it worse when you turn? No

Can you hear whereabouts under the van it is coming from--engine area or along the frame? Frame (drivers side from what we can tell)

I am taking it none of your dummy lights are on....which is good! No BUT it is using a little more oil than it should. About a quart every thousand miles.

Tracyk

my legs are feeling the burn... i'm going to do my crunches in a few when i go get my laundry, i at least have to do them today since i've been eating like crap the last coupe of days.

I hope your van is ok, and is nothing major

it is cold here today, wish it was nice, so much i want to do outside but i'm too cold to get out there

Edited by Jennifur
typo

Tracyk, OUCH!!!! Cars are soo expensive!!!!!!!! Mine is going to be 10 years old in a few months and am thinking about getting a new one. Need to finish Dave Ramseys' book to see what he says about it. But, being single, it is really really really nice not to have to worry about getting stranded, or the car not starting, or the headaches of repairs, just the headache of a car payment!!!

Judy, Judy, Judy when O when is the baby going to make his/her appearance?!

Jen, your deck sounds so neat!!!!

Jane

you are more than welcome to come visit...

you are all welcome to come visit.. very nice in the fall here.

Summer i don't leave the yard/pool and love company

Judy-so it is back to the 5 day pouch test again, huh? I have been having liquids & mushies anyway so my heart is with ya!

Yup...it's pouch test time again. I just got done making my shopping list and we'll go out in a few to get everything. I really love the Soup, so it's not a sacrifice to do the test. Actually it's more for the bobster than for me, but I know I'll benefit from it too.

Bob called and talked to Nathan this evening. No movement on the baby front. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what happens after that. I really was hoping for today, but I guess that's not going to happen.

I had a nice, long nap though so I'm ready for anything now..

Off to go shopping.. will check in later.

Good eve, vi's~~

A nice quiet day here... we had nothing on the calendar! That happens about only once or twice a month, so I really enjoy it. I hung out, then napped, and am now doing a bit of work.

It's supposed to snow tonight & tomorrow! There was a dusting on the ground this a.m. WTH? The kids already have a scheduled 4-hour late start to school tomorrow as it is "Spring" teacher-parent conference day so teachers work 'til 8pm w/conferences... so we'll have to see what happens. Just when we thought Winter was over, too...

Enjoy the eve...

I'm joining you Judy, I love the Soup too and need to do it after pms when i can and do eat everything in site. today i could hardly choke down breakfast but it didn't stop me.

I made ham and cheese soup today for the week.

Hope you all have a great night... i'm so tired of snow and i have to be to work at 6 tomorrow... not much fun for me, have to leave at 5 so i'm going to get it together and head to bed. only was able to do 60 crunches today - holy smokes it hurt today

talk to you all tomorrow

Hello everyone, I sent you all an e-mail with pics, hope you enjoy them.

Got up early this morning and went to church, came home and made breakfast for hubby and me. Than we started in on a lazy day.

We did however go out to find the place that I will be taking my "Reboot" class at. It's not that far away, just needed to find it. Tomorrow night I start a 6 week, 3X's a week boot camp. There is a personal trainer and a small class. It is sponsored by my Band Doc. I'm really looking forward to it but am kind of nervous. I'm really not looking forward to the pain. But I really need this.

We came home and I gpt the fireplace going, still really cold here. They are calling for in the 60's by the end of the week.

Judy, Baby??????

Jane, Taxes?????

TracyK, Car?????? hope not.

Michelle and Laura, Snow??????

Pam, Heat??????

TracyKS, Good Time??????

Kat, ?????

Have a great evening.

Good evening, Violets.

We're back and we're stocked up with Soup ingredients. I'm making the pumpkin/sausage soup tomorrow and then the ham/cheese soup after that. Bob's going to do a Slimfast for breakfast and then the soup the rest of the day. I'll do my soup at hand or bouillon for breakfast and the soup the rest of the day and my Ocean Spray Water. If I can lose 10# before we leave for Hawaii, I'll be beyond thrilled. That's what I'm shooting for. We'll see.

I'm going to watch The Girls Next Door at 10 and then head to bed.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.