Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Where has this day gone???

Well, one thing...my girlfriend sent me this link (click on "Dancing 2008") and then was led to Matt's great blog and was reading it for 2 hours+ this morning. Ran to Bed Bath and Beyond for some kitchen stuff I needed, then to lunch for a bit of chili and (worked on my March budget), then to the grocery store! Day gone!

Weird thing about being on this new budget thing...takes all the fun out of shopping! As I was walking thru Bed Bath and Beyond I was feeling soooo guilty for being there! I spent $46 (with a coupon!) and worried considerably about it! WTH??? Highly uncharacteristic for me....but a healthy amount of guilt is sorely needed! I could have easily spent $300....I wanted a new deep covered fry/sautee pan but the cheapest one was $129!! And I can go nuts in the gadget department! I bought a cool vegetable/lettuce keeper and a cup that separates the fat from the meat juices when cooking a roast or chicken. Been needing one of those for about ....uh....20 years!!

It's beautiful here today, sunny and 65 degrees but the wind is blowing like crazy!! I was gonna wash my car but I think I'll wait 'til tomorrow otherwise I'll get soaked! We even had to have our yard man come today to start mowing and getting the beds cleaned up. Yep! Spring is officially here....birds are very busy out there.

Suzie -- that house sounds fantastic!!! It also sounds huge! How big is it? I'd love to have a game/entertainment area like that! I bet you will have lots of fun.

Jen - Ouch. I HATE HATE HATE crunches. I also HATE the stair-stepper. I wish I had a rowing machine...a GOOD one... that's what I like.

It's quiet around here today. DH played golf and Evan worked this morning. They came home and I went and ran my errands. Now I'm home and they're both gone again! LOL Gonna start cooking in a minute.... meat loaf, green Beans and mashed potatoes. Man, I found the BEST meat loaf recipe the other day and this is the 2nd time I'm making it in as many weeks. YUM.

Ok, Judy...I'll check back later to see if you have an update!! :wink:

Ya'll have a good evening!

Edited by TerriDoodle

Good Eve, Dearies...

Busy day, lots of errands today... just finished up dinner & are about to leave to go to "Dessert Theatre" @ the HS... it's supposed to be very funny & several of ds's friends are in it... a nice way to spend the eve...

It's supposed to snow tomorrow! :wink:

I told you that dd is in the HS production of "The Wiz". Well, now ds is playing alto & bari sax in the pit for it! My kids, the thespians!

That's all for now... have a nice night & "see" you all tomorrow!

I sent Rick to his folks alone. DIL called, and was hinting around that maybe Connor would like to go to the motocross thing tonight, too bad his Daddy was gone or working.....blah, blah, blah. IF and that is a big ol IF he had ever been taught to sit when told, and behave, I might consider it....buthe hasn't and when he wants down, he just goes. This will be bleacher seating....close quarters....nope, not me!

She will not ask Rick, she would have kept at me! I love him to pieces, but I do not want to battle with him in someplace like that, it is not a safe place to teach him to mind, that should have been done a couple of years ago.....

So....no baby news.

Can you imagine us when Laura is close? Judy is expected to be this excited, but the rest of us??!!

I hate crunches too----and actually have been told to avoid them....aww darn!!! The area in my back where the herniation is, is under too much pressure with crunches.

Rick is back~~guess his Dad did not buy all that Rick told him too, so he tore it apart, and will finish it tomorrow morning, after he gets the stuff. I am really surprised by Rick, normally he would have caved and went and bought it. But their attitude towards our son and what is going on, has changed him a bit.

Now he is going to cut the frame on the motorcycle he is chopping....he is as excited as a little boy!! LOL

Gonna go watch the sparks fly!!

Terry

Before I bought my house i had a professionl stair stepper, i loved it, was on it for 30 mins a day easy, I don't think anyone has ever shown me how to do a proper crunch so it was refressing that i could do them.

The house is huge. I know some of you will think that a million dollar house isn't that big but remember that I live in a little Po-Dunk town and a million dollar house here is a mansion. It's just her basement that is themed. The rest of the house is just elegant and I must say, comfortable.

Off to go take my shower, text me if there's a baby or any other news.

Good evening, Violets..

Just got off the phone with Nathan and no new contractions today. sighhh Course tomorrow would be a good day for a baby to be born. We'll just have to wait and see. I gotta tell you, I'm not really good at this waiting thing. Especially when I was sure I'd be Gramma again last night.

Michelle.. your kids are not both thespians.. DD is, but DS is what we in the business call.... a musician!! Congrats to them both. I remember being on stage in a couple of plays here in Alpena and I loved being in the pit orchestra in college and once for Oliver here in Alpena.

Suzie.. nice snow pictures. It took me quite a while to get the ice off my car this morning. It was about a half inch thick with snow on top.

Terry... I went shopping today and was really good and didn't buy much at all. The necklace I got was half off and like I said, the blouse was $34.00 marked down to $1.97. Other than that, I resisted big time.

Off to watch some tv with the Bobster. Everyone have a great evening!!

Checked my phone at work for texts, but none. I bet that is so odd waiting like that. I would be so bad at that kind of thing. It is an exciting time I am sure though.

Okay check back in later to see about a baby!!!

Morning gals

Judy... what's the baby news, I hope you have one today :wink:

I passed out early and up early, going to shower and take the kids to Breakfast. There is a big storm heading this way but again, i'm on the fine line of how much we get. Still working on spring cleaning, might work on my bathroom today.

I have to take picutres of the kitchen later, and of my living room. The window is coming out and I found a beautiful french door with double screen sytem yesterday for $448 so that is what i'm doing. I'm so excited about that. I have someone drawing my deck and should have that Monday to get to the town, it is going to be huge - main deck is 22'6" x 18' with a 3 step up to a 6x6 deck to get into the pool.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day, i'll be checking for baby news!

Good morning ladies~

Judy you made me chuckle when you said "tomorrow would be a good day for a baby to be born". LOL You know darn good and well you wanna meet him/her NOW. I love it!

Girls I am SO worried. My van is making some expensive sounding noises. Went went to run some errands yesterday and the noises started. Sounds like something is about to fall out from underneath. Oh well....if it konks out it will just have to sit in the driveway until we can afford to get it fixed. There would be days that dd and I would have to get up @ 4 AM to bring dh to work, but we will do what we have to do. I sure do not miss having any credit cards but right now one would come in handy. I dunno, I am putting the cart before the horse...maybe it is fine. I just don't wanna get stranded somewhere but I also do not see the point of bringing it somewhere to find out what is wrong and then saying 'nope, we can't fix it right now' either. What o do, what to do. My luck....

I have WAY to much crap on my mind.

On the bright side, I did not PB all day yesterday so I am going to baby the band again today and see if I can make it all better :wink:

Have a good day violets! Respect the pouch!

Good Morning, Violets..

No baby news yet. I couldn't get into the site earlier, but then thought to reboot the cable box and that worked.

I dreamed that Kris was in labor and the contractions were 33 seconds apart, but then the alarm went off and I never did find out if it was Grady or Madison.

Maybe today we'll have a birth day baby. I'm lay reader at church plus directing the choir so I'll be busy for an hour and then lunch out with friends. I don't call Kris early because they sleep in on Sunday and of course if there was any news they'd be calling me. But this waiting is just as bad with a daughter as it was when I was waiting to have her!

I'm wearing my new, red $1.97 blouse today and it looks really nice! Can you tell I'm happy with my bargain shopping?

Everyone have a great day. I'm off to brush my teeth while the car warms up. It's 3 degrees out there! brrrrrrrrrr

TracyK.. I meant it would be a good day for a baby to be born cause today would have been my brother's 64th birthday. If my mom and brother had their way, Baby Barden would be born before midnight today. We'll see how much pull they have from up there. lol

Morning V's!

Baby dreams are abundant then, I have had dreams all week about Carson's birth. Friday night I dreamed I just pulled him out (foot first) with no pain. I didn't even go to the hospital.

Shower was fun last night, I wish I didn't have the hip pain, I didn't sit down because I knew if I did, I couldn't get up without a lot of pain and people segregated throughout the house so I wanted to visit all over. Got a lot of cute toys, clothes, and necessities for bath.

YUMMY CAKE. Theme was nautical, so it was a sailboat cake.. mmm.

I'll post pics tomorrow, my card reader is at work.

My hip is so bad this morn, so I tried doing exercises the PT taught me when I had the back problems early on.. took a hot bath, and some tylenol. I hope I don't have to deal with this for the next 2 months.. :wink:

OH and we got the first snow of the season LOL.

It was 60's yesterday, by the end of my shower it was in the 30's and this morning we have 2" of snow. It's sticking to things & ground but the cement is too warm. Haven't seen snow in years, and on March 1 of all days.

Going to make low-carb chili..Sunday is our chili day but I haven't made it since he's been on Atkins..