Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Whew.. finally able to get back on here. I see no one else has been talking while I couldn't get on.

Michelle, I ordered that book from Amazon. It looked interesting.

Doing good on my eating today.

Had a few bites of cottage cheese and pineapple for Breakfast, ham salad with soy nuts, two slices red pepper and 2 mini-meatballs for lunch. We eat supper late today so I'm going to have some more cottage cheese and pineapple in a little bit.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's NOT snowing here!! woo hoooooo!!

Hey Gang...well, home again! Felt so sick again at work. Last night, the chest started getting tight again, had to put Vicks on....WTF??? I just had this last week. So I get an appointment at 10:15 this am...so I leave work early again. Doc thinks I may have a UTI, the cold symptoms, body aches, nausea, fever, etc... sooo 2 urine tests, blood work, and 2 perscriptions...I am home on the couch. He told me to take a few days off, but think I am going to try to go in tomorrow, since I have already taken too much time off.

Michelle, I see that book at Costco...I'll buy it next time!

xooxoxox

Off to choir and then out to dinner with our friends. Will check back in when I return..

PamELa.. I think you need to move to a cooler climate... My cold lasted a couple of days with Zicam and then it was gone. There are some good things about cold weather!

Sorry you are down sick again Pamela! That sucks in a big way.

Pulled Pork--------this is my way!! I usually use a pork loin---or a nice roast, whatever is on sale to be honest! I put a package (envelope) of pork gravy mix, and a can of chicken broth in the crock pot, stir them up....and drop in the pork--if you can cut it up in a couple or 3 pieces it will cook quicker. I sprinkle it with some garlic powder, or whatever seasonings are handy. We really like the Montreal Seasonings. I usually let it cook minimally all day, often overnight. By the time it cooks that long, it is literally ready to fall apart. There will be lots of natural juices by then--so I pull the meat out, dump the juice into a heat proof bowl (will explain THAT info later) and then using a couple of forks, just shred the meat up. Then flavor with the natural juices or your favorite BBQ---or some of both, depending on how strong of a flavor you want. You can cook onion in with it if you like the flavor, it cooks into nothing, so you can shred it right along with the meat.

When I want MEAT and am feeling lazy I do this or toss a brisket in.....mmmmmmmmmm

I refered to the heat proof, because I could not believe my MIL this past fall in TX, was wanting to drain the bacon grease out of the electric skillet so she could scramble eggs, and at home she always uses a can, but there she had no can, so she grabbed.......a disposable styrofoam cup! OMG the mess she made, and it is a miracle she did not burn herself seriously. It ran onto the counter and not onto her thankfully! Styrofoam melts!!!

Well Kinsey and I were stood up by my parents and my own stubborness today....which then I felt bad so I made nice!! They were supposed to call me so we knew when to meet them after Moms Dr. appointment, she is needing surgery on her hand. And they NEVER called. Well I saw them at the restaurant, but refused to go in! Mom said Dad let the cell phone battery run down, and without the cell phone they do not know my cell #.

So I didn't try to make them feel bad, which I seriously thought about doing! Was not nice, and I just needed to cool down. But we left the restaurant parking lot and I was going to go get some cash, and when we drove by Rick's work, he was in the parking lot, I called him, he said he was heading to Walgreens to get a drink. So we whipped into Walgreens, and we wandered around the store for 10-15 minutes and he never come in, so by then I was in a mood so we left there too, and there he still stood in the parking lot BS'ing with someone.

I grumbled to him I was leaving, and Kinsey and I were going to go eat, with one another-at least we could count on us! Left him stunned! LOL

Give me a break!

So Kinsey and I went and shared an Arby's.

We just finished putting new fairies on the wall of her room here, and setting up her new nightlight. She is spending the night here the next few nights while her Mama is in Kansas, seeing a friend. So now she will have a little light and magic fairies watching over her. She is so excited! Laura, I cheated, these are peel and stick, and we LOVE them!!! The seriously do not leave marks on the wall, and work like a post it note....but they stay up. I buy them at the Dollar Store! This set has 8 fairies about 4-6" tall, in pink, green, blue and orange....and yellow stars-probably a dozen little inch & a half size stars. We spread them right around the headboard of her bed.

Well, she has finished her "homework"---today she is writing the letter F and the number 4......so guess I will go see how it looks!!

Kat

:smile: here I am.

I am trying to recover from Macy saying that I look like I am going to have a baby. She said it yesterday and I still have a lump in my throat. :thumbup: The truth can really hurt sometimes.

I go for my MRI at 7:30 in the morning.

Have a good night V's.

Edited by TracyK

Awwwww Tracy I feel your pain, I felt it many times, with the way I was built that was a common issue! Plus I spent all my fat years around dozens of kids!

I cannot tell you how many times I was ask if I had a baby in my tummy.

Then when I had the TT I told Kinsey I was going to go get my fat tummy cut off-------so what does she do? Tells my Mom she needs to go get her fat tummy cut off like Granny did.....ay yi yi....what can you say? What can you do?

And they ARE kids, they are not trying to hurt you---not like vindictive older people can....and if they know they hurt your feelings they get soooo upset.

Hugs Hon.....I know where you are at emotionally. We love you!!!

Kat

Dear Tracy, I have been pregnant for over forty years now. I know how you feel.

Well, Doc called and no break, must be some ligament damage. I need to rest it and give it some time to heal.

Other than that not much going on.

Hey Susie, glad no break. Long time no see, was wondering about you. Did you get my email?

Pam hope you are feeling better!!!

Tracyk, here to a fixable and easy and inexpensive shoulder/neck!!! Take a muscle relaxer before the mri!!! It will be murder on you if you don't!!

No, Terry no shelf work for me today!!!

Hi Gina!!!

Hello.

My name is Terry and I'm a CHOCOHOLIC. :thumbup:

Good Morning

Hi Terry, my name is Jenn and I am a here to claim my life back... lol

Tracy (((HUGS)))

Pamela - Kat's pulled pork sounds good, and I do the same thing, buy a roast that is on sale, sometimes i even get what is marked down - but, in the store, they have the packets of seasoning - they have a crock pot bbq seasoning (kind of like the packets of gravy or stew seasoning) put that in the crock pot, seasoning and turn it on high for the day and cook it to death, i don't take the fat off the roast until it is done (makes it easier for me to eat) - I don't drain the juices, add a little BBQ Sauce mix up and done

it takes a few minutes to pull it apart but if it is cooked to death just falls apart and I can live off it for a week

Judy said Crap??? LOL

Well, Wayne is not talking to me so you know what i say.... i'm sorry this happened but what can i do, he must not have been mr. right!

I'm happy with my - ok not really but happy with my choices and i'm going to be stronger and better than ever! not right away but i'm admitting my problems and that is the first start

ok have to go, have to leave in 15 mins and not even close to ready

LOVE YOU ALL

hi everyone else

Good Morning Girls.

I'm up and getting ready to start my day. Trying to get as much done this morning so that I can enjoy this warm afternoon.

Jenn, Sorry about Wayne. Maybe he his just letting things set in and figuring out things. Give him time.

Janie, Thanks for the offer but I have a boat load of stuff. Go ahead and sell and make some money.

Hugs to all and have a great day.

looks like it's time for a good ol' ass kickin'!!!!

Hi Gang~

Feeling better and going to work! Hope I can make it through the day. I am sure I can/will cause I already feel better w/ just 2 meds!

Jenn and Kat~ YUMMMMM Thanks for the pulled pork tips! I am going to try it maybe on Sunday. Susanne's mom is coming this weekend, so we will be busy with her! I see a buffet in my future! OH Well, I enjoy her visits! Actually, I am getting a fill today...well hope I am. The last two days I have puked the last two days...i don't know.

Ok, have a great day!

I'll pop in from work...kids are taking a big math test! Poor babies!

Good Morning, Vi's~~

Kids are finally back to school today, so I can get my routine back! Work, house, laundry... believe it or not, all is right w/the world. Oh, & trying to get my eating right today.

Make it a good one!!

Good morning,

Sitting here trying to warm up! Rick got up to answer his cell phone at 4:30 or so, and the fire was still going, and the fans on, but by 6 it was COLD! So he built me a roaring fire, and I went back to bed for a bit, let it warm up! Now here I sit with my mug of hot chocolate!

Good Luck today with your MRI TracyK----I so do not envy you. I am somewhat claustrophobic and usually let them put me in a Verced daze before doing my tests like that!

Years ago within a 3 month time period, Becky, my neighbor Connie and I all herniated the same L4, & L5 discs in our backs! Connie fell, Beck did hers with repetitive movement at work (she was a meat wrapper) and I strained mine helping move a washing machine---then later that night Rick had massaged my back and I was rubbing his, bent too far, and you could literally hear it pop! I saw spots, and thought I was going to pee in the bed it hurt soooo bad! But with PT, I managed to work through mine, both Beck and Connie have had surgery! Connie twice!

I did several MRI's with it. Then came the cancer Dx, and they found the other tumors in my body, so I had waaaaay more than my share of MRI's, bone scans, CT scans, then PET scans.....just drug me up baby! LOL With some help from pharmacueticals, I can do a self hypnosis kind of thing, and just zone myself into somewhere else. Otherwise I am a basket case!

But the best thing about the MRI is it gives you a quick DX of what is going on where in there, so you know how to get the relief quickest.

I didn't hurt mine first, but since I was private insurance as opposed to medicare (Connie is on SSDI) and Becky was a workmans comp case---they were much quicker to act on mine. I had my MRI and was in PT before they even got started!

I may not (ok I DON'T) get my cardio exercise in each day, but I stretch my back faithfully--it is as much a part of waking up as opening my eyes---I do them before I ever get completely out of bed! They neither one did their PT or their stretches, and both were smokers at the time. I think all of it played a difference!

I need to go buy my brother a birthday gift today. Tomorrow is his birthday. Mom is having family in for cake....wonderful!!! LOL Ahhh hell who am I fooling, I would have found something to eat I shouldn't anyway!

Anyone have any opinions on the Oscar nominees??? I haven't got to see enough of the nominated movies to make an opinion!

Kinsey should be here within the hour, and will be with me for the next few days. She was so excited, she has been wanting to have a sleep over she said! Hope Granny holds up!

Well I am going to go find something to do, I am making myself sleepy sitting here getting warm!

See y'all after while!

Kat