Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hey girls...

Gotta love technology! Here I am bundled up in many layers in the lounge @ the barn, on my laptop, tippity typing away to you all! It is 10 degrees this a.m! DD begged to come work her classes this a.m., so I'm staying in case she starts feeling badly or has a coughing/barfing fit. She wants to stay all day, but I really want to take her home for a bit in between these classes & hers @ 3pm... we'll see... it's just so ding-danged cold!!

Question: Is the rest of the country (which is all of you) excited for the inaguration? It is ALL you hear about here, naturally, but I'm just curious to see if it's as big a deal everywhere else. It's a bit weird when you live here, because National news is our Local news. It's going to be CRAZY here... bridges & roads into the city will be closed, folks have to either take buses or walk in, you can't take umbrellas or coolers or tons of other stuff... it's like nothing else ever before! DH is actually thinking about going in to walk around & take photos... he's nuts!

Make it a good day. All the nutella's gone, so that's good. Keep warm!

Terry-yes the meds are helping. Mentally & physically :(

Jenn-it scares you because you are liking the attention. Roll with it sista! ENJOY!

Michelle-yes, the inauguration is going to be a zoo to say the least...everywhere. I am quite sure there will be nothing else on television either for about 5 days.

Judy-I just say YES :)

Today is turning out to be rotten. Up extra early due to Russ' snoring, so decided to hang up the pre-pasted wall border in the nursery. It will not stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to Walmart, and bought different adhesives, none of them work.. the whole thing is like it's 'pasted' with Water, which won't stick for nothing. I am very pissy right now. What a waste...

And it seems our kitchen pipes are frozen. I leave it dripping as not to freeze up, but apparently there's 2 different places the water comes from (I'm not very handy). The hot water is fine, but when I push it over to cold, it turns off. I've been messing with it all day and it's not budging, and it's not warming up outside, so not sure what to do. Can't afford busted pipes right now..

Laura - I suggest you get on the internet and figure out what to do about those pipes ASAP....and keep a close eye on your house...don't leave for long periods in case they do bust and start flooding the house! Been there, done that!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm back from support group. We had 10 there and had a good discussion. I printed off and copied the 5 day test for them and several were going to try it. I know it worked for me. I came home excited about having a link of sweet Italian sausage for lunch, but it didn't stay down. So I had some tuna salad mixed with some soy nuts for crunch and a half cup did me fine. I know I'm at the right fill and am glad my head is in the game again.

Laura.. if you know where the Water comes in and you can get a hair dryer to it.. try that. I used to do that with my washing machine when those pipes would freeze.

And as for the wallpaper.. I use Golden Harvest Universal Border Paste that comes in a bottle with a sponge applicator. It worked really well. Without it the "prepasted" trim did not stick at all and was VERY frustrating.

I'm waiting for a phone call from the Bobster to see if he's going to make it home today or not. It's snowing pretty steady and they are still calling for 4-6 inches by tomorrow morning. I'm going to have to get the snowblower out in a few hours and try and keep up with the driveway.

BBL...

Laura.. I just called DS Joe who does the clean up on burst pipes. He said defintely try the hair dryer and you have to do something or the pressure will build up and the pipes will burst. :)

Hey Girlies~

AAAHHH Saturday...the best day of the week. Had a great workout, did yard work, cleaned dog poop, showered, at weight control oatmeal, and ORDERED MOTLEY CRUE TICKETS! I know it is a bit cheesy...but going w/ 3 girl friends...should be fun!

Haydee, thanks again. I love everything and all the pretty frilly stuff...you have GREAT TASTE!

XOXOOXOX

This morning on my way into work I stopped and got a 44oz. Ice Tea and I sure am glad that I did. We were so busy that I didn't have time to open my cooler and get a Water out. I didn't have time to have a Jello that I brought. And you know what? I loved it. It kept me so busy and my mind off of all food. Just wish I could do that everyday.

Now I'm drinking a Protein Drink and than have to run to go get some meds at the pharmacy and take them to my older Sis.

Keep busy and keep the mind off the food. I'll finish up on the Soup for dinner tonight and than look forward to a scrambled egg in the morning. Ahhh. somewhat solid food again.

Laura, Keep an eye on those pipes, not a good situation.

As far as the inauguration, it's a big thing here. The reason is because our local high school will be one of the bands marching in the parade. Look for Blue Springs Marching Regiment. They were just in the Rose Parade. They left this morning on 7 busses and a Semi for a 24 hour trip to DC. Other than that I probably won't be watching much of it. I'm just not as hyped up about this whole thing as everyone else.

Have a great day and make good choices.

Laura

are pipes in the basement? do you have a space heater? put it where the pipes are. Also, Open the cabinet doors to let the heat in.

My pipes use to freeze and my dishwasher lines freeze every winter, actually, new kitchen is greeat, problems are solved.

but spent many days opening doors, leaving all the Water dripping, hot and cold and all bathrooms and blowdryers and space heaters.

good luck

My laundry room is in the front of what used to be the attached garage. So it is not as well insulated as the rest of the house.

We use an old bedside lamp, and sit it behind the washing machine, and leave it on at night, the heat put off from the bulb is enough to keep it from freezing, as it is in an enclosed space, and the bulb warms it.

We have used hair dryers many a time to thaw a pipe!!

If you can find where the lines enter the house, if they are above ground you can get electric heat tape to wrap them with.

Sorry you are having to deal with frozen pipes, that is such a PITA! Been there way too many times!!!

I ordered Dave Mathews Band tickets this morning! Must be a concert kinda day!

Kat

Good evening, Violets..

Just in from snowblowing the driveway and filling up the bird feeders. The birds went through 4 scoops of feed today.. enough to halfway empty three feeders! They must know it's going to be bad tonight. It's been snowing all day and it's looking like a shaken snow globe out there right now.

I'm fixing shrimp scampi for dinner and am waiting to hear when the Bobster will be home. He left the meeting early so should be able to get home before it gets too bad.

my veggie Soup is delish...

I wish I could share it with all of you!

i am still hurting, but dsd is being very helpful.

Laura-hope your pipes are OK!

Have a great night violets!

Thanks for all the tips, Judy I'm going to have to go get that paste.. can you apply it over the pre-pasted, before even using the pre-pasted?

I got one wall done, after using prepasted 3x attempts, then used a border adhesive I bought at Walmart (useless), and finally just tacked it while it was still wet with thumb tacks, then used a 'seam sealer' on the edges (LOT of work and messy).. it did finally stay, but edges are curled and it does not look very pretty. Debating if I want to just have 1 wall done, thinking of how to be creative with it. I'll try the golden stuff, if it doesn't work I'm done with it.. not going to do the seam sealer on 4 walls, took the whole bottle for just 12'.

Pipes finally started dripping around 2pm (I opened the cabinets, but we don't have a space heater, so I turned our heat up to 72 for a while). After it started dripping I heard the cracking in the wall, fingers crossed it was just the ice, cracking and then the Water came full force with a little more cracking then it stopped. So I have water constantly going on the cold side in there now. No leaks anywhere, so.. hopefully it was just the ice cracking :/

I fell asleep around 3pm and just woke up..we're going to hockey game tonight..wee.

Hope you're all having a fun Saturday!

Good evening, Violets..

Just in from the second round of snowblowing the driveway. At least the Bobster should be able to get the car in.

Laura..yes, you can use the stuff on prepasted that you've already tried to stick. Glad your pipes are doing ok.

Off to watch the Pistons and then head to bed. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

The following is NOT a political joke...just a girlie joke!

All women of the USA MUST shave their woo-ha on Tuesday...there will be no more Bush allowed! HeHe!

I heard that at the bridal shower...I laughed and said, "I'll do it if everyone is gonna do it...I don't want to be the only one scratching on Thursday!" That really brought down the house!

Everyone have a great night!

Kat, thanks for the email. I agree...let shit go, but be there when the same shit hits the fan later for her! xoxoox to you and Rick both!