Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

huh??? no comprede'

Maybe this was in another post, but i'm starting from the beginning

Pam - i had to go to the jewelry place to have the rings put back in my nipples and they were almost closed, so they were pretty much re-done. (the girls, my boobs)

see?

and needy guy is turning out to be amazing

The book I'm reading now is "Mindless Eating". So, I'm reading it and thinking to myself that this has nothing to do with me, but the more I read I realize it is all about me. Who is this guy and how does he know so much about me???? Too scary.

Judy, Sending purple power to the Bobster. And I am so very proud of you for sticking to your guns and showing us all that it can be done.

Hi guys

Heather got it...LOL

I typed a post and maybe it didn't get here, about how well our dinner went, no pressure, went as friends, taking it slow, had great converation and great kiss at the end of the night.

No pressure and day by day. He is great, I am kind of scared, not a single person has made me feel this good - but taking it day by day.

I had some doors I needed to bring to work to dump in the roll off, so he let me take one of his work trucks, he won't let me put gas in it and i used 3/4 of a tank getting to work and back, and told me to make him dinner and we will call it even.

I know I'm probably skipping a lot of the story, I could write a book about this, it is crazy, but i think he actually makes me happy.

I am off this weekend, I'm so happy, it is so cold out there

Heather - as far as the Soup, I thought about using bulk turkey sausage in a batch, but smoked turkey might be good too. mmmmm maybe i'll do that next time. I just made some more and used 2% mexican cheese and cyanne pepper, yummy, my aughter loves it too

I also just made a small pot of sauce with bulk hot turkey sausage in it, 19g Protein and i got a spaghetti squash and had that with it. It was intersting, smelled like a pumpkin but had a little crisp to it but almost had no taste, and shredded like spaghetti. It was a really good dinner. DD actually liked that too, the squash, she put some butter on it and ate a huge bowl.

I'm going to start tanning tomorrow.

Does anyone know how many calories are in a cup of the ham & cheese Soup made with regular velveeta?

Never Mind. I just looked at the end of the recipe and it showed me the calories for the regular Soup. I'll just calculate the cheese in it.

Well, day one is over. I had my Soup for dinner and it was great. So far about 900 calories. Lots of Protein.

I have to work in the morning so that will help with my not eating. I guess a roll of duct tape would do the same.

Have a great evening.

I think someone else mentioned this, but don't remember the solution.. made the ham & cheese Soup, mine was very watery and the cheese curdled into globs (I used all shredded cheddar).

Taste was good, but texture was yuck. Russ didn't like it (I think probably just because of the texture).

More for me! But is there a solution for the curdling? I have a feeling when I reheat it throughout this weekend it'll only get worse.

I think I'm going to put some guacamole in it tomorrow too. Dunno why, just sounds yum.

Day 2 is here and I'm ready for it.

Last night I was laying in bed and my tummy got hungry. I had the Soup and thought that all that Protein would help keep me satisfied. Than I got to thinking that I was reading that book and all they do is talk about food, so maybe subconciously I had food on the brain. The book is making me "Mindlessly Eat". Thank goodness I was already in bed, I would have run to the kitchen to get something to snack on.

Laura, did you use velveeta cheese? That always melts smoothly. Regular chedder cheese will curdle. The secret to that is to let the soup cool down a little before you add the cheese. I didn't put any sour cream in but I did put parmesean cheese in, think next time I'll leave that out.

Everyone have a great day, I'm off to work now.

Good morning friends!!

I slept REALLY good last night. The doctor gave me Soma, Vicodin and a nerve pill called Lyrica. Needless to say I am in la-la land, but it sure helps with the pain. DH started back to work today but all the kids are here. I am really glad my dsd is older now and she can help me out around the house and just help in general. She is a sweetheart.

I am going to give myself a break on everything and focus on getting better right now. And I know I can get better without whipped cream and reeses cups. I am going to make a veggie Soup today (with help of course). What I have been doing is eating out of boredom...just sitting here or lying here all day puts the little devil on my shoulder whispering 'go ahead, eat it, its OK, you can lose it again when you are well'.

Jenn-sounds like you are dealing with this new relationship just right! I am very happy for you sista. I wish we were neighbors.

Laura-i sure wish I could rub your belly. I wanna see you while you are pregnant. I wanna feel Carson kick! When is your first baby shower gonna be? Do not be surprised if I show up. Send me an invitation, k? :eek:

Terry-how was your girls night out? What did you all do? Did you have a glass of wine for me? I want a German shepard. I flip flop on what kind of dog I want.

Judy-have you started your wii fit again? I am glad that you are feeling better. Colds like that can stick around forever. Did Kris get everything she needs for the baby? I loved the pics!

*If I lose this post I am gonna be pissed*

Pamela-I hope you feel good this weekend! It would be cool if Charlize Theron showed up at the film festival. I really like her. She is beautiful and a great actress.

Heather-thanks for the well wishes. I know there was something I was going to respond to that you said but I am TUI (typing under the influence) and can not remember much of anything!

Haydee-what are your plans for the weekend? How is the wedding planning going? Are you still going to switch jobs and work in the medical center?

Kat-you now have a group of violets that hate your SIL. Just give us the word and we will take care of him for ya. lol :(

Michelle-we can do this. You back away from the nutella and I will back away from the reeses, k? We can do it ok? :)

Jane-thank you for the text. How are you? I hope that you are not still in a funk. When is your fill appt? Monday?

Suzie-it does seem we think alike! I have head hunger issues and junk food demons I am fighting too. So, like I told Michelle, we can do this. Use Judy as your inspiration! :)

*if I lose this post I will be super pissed*

TracyinKS-I am glad you are back to your fill comfort level! I just would not like to be so tight. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe it is what i need though. Food for thought anyway! :cursing: How are your eyebrows? :cornut:

OK ladies, I am out of here for a while. Keep on thinking of me and praying for me. Love ya'll!

Respect the pouch! RESPECT IT! :eek:

What a bummer!! I'll bet that happens a LOT.

Oh Haydee----SOB SIL is such a sore subject!! He is dictating when anyone can visit. Weekends only so he is home, is the order. Well Rick said to hell with him, and he has stopped by after work, but he is home---so they come to the door. During the day no one answers the door so I am told by my inlaws. I personally said (scuse me here) F*#K that! I have grandbabies I do not have to make appointments to see. The more time I spend with him, the more I will fall in love with him, and the more the being pushed away from him will hurt, so I am cutting my losses.

If I knew where to buy a skeleton---like those they always had in science class---I would send the back bone to my DD as a message! I just want to shake her!

Kat

Kat - you would know better than anyone...and I assume you'd be all over it....but sounds to me like she is being (at least) emotionally and psychologically abused. Are you concerned about that? I mean, have you had a heart to heart with her about it? Makes me so sad.
My eating sux. Really. Nutella out of the jar w/a spoon?? What universe am I on?? I suck.
What is Nutella? Sounds like I need some of it! LOL
Hi ladies-

Thanks for the well wishes & thoughts. My PCP said NO more chiro...I went for more x-rays today, got drugs and I will probably be schedules for an MRI next week.

I am tired of wearing jammies.

bye ya'll.....

That doesn't surprise me... MD's and Chiro's rarely agree about anything! In this case, I think I'd go along with your PCP for sure. This is beyond just a 'sore neck'. Sorry sweetie. Are the drugs giving you any relief at least?
Maybe this was in another post, but i'm starting from the beginning

Pam - i had to go to the jewelry place to have the rings put back in my nipples and they were almost closed, so they were pretty much re-done. (the girls, my boobs)

see?

and needy guy is turning out to be amazing

That wasn't so hard, was it? LOL :eek:
The book I'm reading now is "Mindless Eating". So, I'm reading it and thinking to myself that this has nothing to do with me, but the more I read I realize it is all about me. Who is this guy and how does he know so much about me???? Too scary.
I've heard of that book...think I almost bought it once. I probably could have used that yesterday. I was popping food in my mouth at regular intervals and I KNOW it all starts with sugar!! If I allow myself sugar before lunch, the whole day is one big sugar-quest. :) I know this!! But I do it anyway!!!! :):cursing:
Hi guys

Heather got it...LOL

I typed a post and maybe it didn't get here, about how well our dinner went, no pressure, went as friends, taking it slow, had great converation and great kiss at the end of the night.

No pressure and day by day. He is great, I am kind of scared, not a single person has made me feel this good - but taking it day by day.

I had some doors I needed to bring to work to dump in the roll off, so he let me take one of his work trucks, he won't let me put gas in it and i used 3/4 of a tank getting to work and back, and told me to make him dinner and we will call it even.

I know I'm probably skipping a lot of the story, I could write a book about this, it is crazy, but i think he actually makes me happy.

Ahhhhhh, this is sooooooo nice to hear!!! I just wanna do a jig!!:( What's his name anyway? We're gonna have to stop calling him "Needy Guy"! Might have to start calling him Mr. Right instead!! He sounds so nice!!

Does anyone have a recipe for Soup that I can use a ham bone that I have? The catch is that it can't have peas or such in it. The only kind of Beans I like are white northern beans. I hate to waste ham bones!

Had fun at girls night out! Had basically spaghetti sauce, a few bits of salad and 2 pieces of cake. :eek:

As Pam would say, "I suck".

And now for your (semi-) daily LOL....

funny-pictures-ocd-cat-is-disturbed-by-loose-threads1.jpg

Morning girls

thanks all for the nice thoughts, His name is Wayne. Last night we had another heart to heart -and it just scares me even more. I didn't get home until 3am

Tracy - so glad you got some sleep, that must have felt wonderful

Terry - Ham Soup with no peas.... hmmmmm did you ever go to food network online? I'll see if i can find my crock pot cook book, i thought i saw it the other day

Laura, mine got clumpy when i put the cheese in and i used shredded cheddar. I did add an extra tbs of flour to thicken a little and i cooked it down for about 30 minutes when i added the broth - Day 2 it thickens up nicely

i'm hungry.... going to have soup

did i tell you all how good that spaghetti squash was?

I've always wanted to cook spaghetti squash...don't know why I haven't?! I love squash! I will try to remember to pick some up at the store today. Sounds good.

Ok, I was looking up our local weather (beautiful!) and decided to see what it was like in ALPENA now.... so here's Judy's forecast for today:

Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 11 PM EST this evening... At 10 am...patchy blowing snow. Snow. Temperature around 6 above. South winds around 14 mph. Wind chill around 11 below. At 12 PM...patchy blowing snow. Snow. Temperature around 9 above. South winds around 15 mph. Wind chill around 8 below. At 2 PM...patchy blowing snow. Snow. Temperature around 11. South winds around 15 mph. Wind chill around 5 below.

THIS IS FREAKIN' INSANITY!!!!

Good morning, Violets..

This is the second time I've been here this morning. I lost the post the first time, so got disgusted and went and took my shower. I'm leaving in a few for my support group meeting.

TracyK.. glad you're doing better with drugs. Can't tell you to "just say no", can we?? :(

Terry.. Nutella is the worst thing in the world for us. Don't go near the Nutella. JUST SAY NO!!

Suzie.. glad you had a good eating day yesterday and glad you avoided temptation last night.

Jenn.. sounds like Wayne is going to be good for you and that makes the Violets happy!

Laura.. I used the shredded cheddar and it never got lumpy. Don't know what to tell you. I just followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out great!

I'm taking the 5 day pouch test to my group today. Gotta scoot so I can run off copies for everyone.

Everyone have a great day. I'll check back later. My fingers are crossed that this post makes it!!

Terry

that is coming my way, High temp with no wind chill all last week was 9 and when i got up yesterday was 23below without the wind. That snow is coming my way tomorrow

INSANITY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. I am afraid to get my heat bill, I've actually kept it at 65 because when it cools down it takes forever to warm back up.

I might do the 5 day next week, I'm still having Soup 2 times a day and my sauce for dinner.

I am not eating too much at all and high Protein and i really want to make a pulled pork this week and I think i'm ready for that. I'm also hitting the gym this week - i need to get into shape. my belly really grosses me out