Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Tracy -- I think I'd go buy myself a diamond tiara if I lost 5#!!! I'm WAY proud of you!!!

Judy -- 41 degrees on May 31st. I canNOT wrap my head around that!!! It was 95 here yesterday -- just brutal! And it's only beginning.

$20 says we got some hungover Violets in Palm Springs!!! hehe

I was having a great weekend up until about 6:00 pm yesterday. Evan called me and he sounded T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!!! It was really hard to hear. He's sooooo depressed and sounds so hopeless. I understand from the counselors that this is a very tough phase, so hopefully that's all there is to it. I dunno. I pray he'll find his way but he sure sounds lost right now. I feel so powerless, but have a support group on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that will help. When I went to the group last Thursday I walked in and saw one of my co-workers!! His son is a year older than mine and did well in this program -- not out of the woods, mind you, but doing well. I may give him a call tomorrow, or one of his counselors today. I need to know what to do with these feelings of mine.

Hannah and I had some retail therapy yesterday-- shoe shopping for about 4 hours! We didn't spend a lot of money but it was fun.

Oh, and then DH told me when we got home about his chances of losing his job -- it's not looking good at all. So we're not exactly sure what to do as far as moving into panic mode and selling stuff or just wait-and-see. It's hard to decide.

Sorry to be such a downer today... I think I'll go call the treatment center and talk to someone. TTYL.

Terry, I know I'm the age of your kids so I feel silly even saying it, but if you ever want to talk I'm here. Oddly enough I know what you're going through (although I don't know why he's in the program; and it's not my kid), I was there visiting and talking to both siblings when they go into programs.. Leslie went into one just last year (and really, she's headed back soon at this rate.. seems every July she ends up back in there).

I got great sleep, I'm wired for the day.. couldn't sleep in, doesn't work out that way anymore! Going to family cookout soon...

Terry, wish I could say something that would make it better!! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this!!

I will raise the bet to $40!!!

I still have my headache, yuck!! But, today we see Little Shop of Horrors. Love that show!!

Have a good day!!

Good Morning from the West Coast!

Terry...thinking of you and hoping Evan (and you) finds peace. I can't imagine, but like Laura, I am here for you as well. Glad you and Hannah had fun shopping!

OK...here is a quick update. The party was an absolute success!!! Everyone came, ate, drank and were VERY merry! I only had 1 egg roll, 1/2 a margie...and walked and talked ALL NIGHT. At the end of the party, I did 2 shots of Tequilla. I was STARVING since we only ate Breakfast. Then Michelle, Haydee, Jackie, Melissa, Stefanie, Jenny, Lexy went over to Julie and Suzan's house for more drinkys and hanging out in the jacuzzi and the pool. It was REALLY nice and I felt that it was the first time I could actually "party". The girls were a HIT!! Actually people were like, "OOOHHH YOUR THE VIOLETS!!!" They, in turn, LOVED meeting everyone too! Many of them hugged the girls right away!!! It was a blast. Jackie drank WAY too much...but the Violets did not...we just had a great time!

I called but the girls are still in bed. Waiting to go to brunch, then the Taking of the Waters thingy, massages at two...and I don't know what else. I know we are LOUNGING at home this afternoon/evening...ordering pizza and chillaxing! The Moving Vietnam Wall is in town and we all want to do that as well!

Last night Michelle said, "We are only 2 of the Violets...we ate the other ones!" HAHAHA...They represented very well!

xooxoxxo

Wonderful to hear that you are all having a good time in CA!!

I had no doubt they would represent the Vi's properly!

Terry, I along with the others am always here for you. I do not know a lot about the illness your son deals with, only in dealing with Rick's ex and doing my best to protect the kids when she would have problems. I honestly believe our son is experiencing similar issues, but they have not fully developed yet, or it is in a milder form or something than what his Mom deals with. We always tried to make sure they knew that the way she was acting was not a choice---it is an illness, and she did not choose to have it. It colors all her decisions. While she could be (and can be) a royal PITA, not all her actions are by choice.

I know the fear for your child. When this same son got strung out on meth, it was the scariest thing ever! It was not a long stretch of his life (thank you God) but it was lifetimes as we lived it. I see him today and am so thankful, he managed to clean himself up, and has stayed that way for years now. Especially when I see people who are all drugged up, and twitching, and chewing their cud (well that is what it looks like) I send up a prayer of thanks that he is healthy again.

Until you live it, loving a kid all the while wanting to choke the life out of them is a feeling hard to describe.

My Mom dealt with my brothers alcoholism for so many years, she says she would sit and imagine how she would react when they come to tell her he was dead, or how she would tell people when he was sent to prison. It affected me, but nothing like it does when it is your child. My Mom is very meek, and kind hearted, how she dealt with it for all those years amazes me! She is much stronger than I give her credit for.

Speaking of her....they just called and are about 80 miles away, they are almost home----I have been SOOOOO stressed with them on the road!

My MIL said last night that they had found staph infection in my SIL's blood. Rick and I are headed up there as soon as my folks make it in safe and sound.

He is going to try to get some paint on the chopper today!!! I intend on lounging on the patio with a book!

Laura, glad you caught up on your sleep. Did your Mom say how Carson did overnight?

Tracy----5 pounds yay you!!! Just keep at it! I am losing what I regained very slowly----but same as always....up a pound, down a pound, up a pound, down one and a half----just all over the place, but slowly dropping. So I am ok with it!

I really thought once I started working and was away from food all day it would be faster, but it hasn't been! I try to take my lunch or eat a healthy lunch, but it is still slow....seems so unfair!

Enjoy the show Jane!!! Wish I was going! I know you probably get tired of me saying this, but I seriously believe Jane that your brain may send different signals as far as metabolism goes than most, due to the trauma it has been through. I'm sorry your scale is not cooperating the way you want it to tho! (((hugs)))

Well, going to go see how the sanding is going----will check in later.

Hugs to you all!

Terry, I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time. It's horrible all that you are having to endure. I wish I knew what to say to take all your pain away. Just suffice to say that I am always thinking of you and keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hugs to you.

Here's a picture that hopefully will put a smile on your face. We found this floating in the pool while we were swimming. Think I'll have to send it back to Florida.

post-214709-13813138421997_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies....

Terry-thanks for the kudos on the -5 for May. The way I see it is I am not in a race and if it is 5 pounds a month loss, I will take it. By the holidays I will be back to my old self and that will make the holidays even brighter. I am so sorry for what you are going through with Evan and the fears of the job situation. (((hugs))) I have Xanax if you need some, LOL BUT you can only have 1 or 2.... they are MINE! :)

Ladies....have a great evening!!

Edited by TracyK

Back from Little Shop of Horrors. I think I was looking too forward to it. I was disappointed!! Oh well, I was thinking a 4 weeks from today I will be with some of the violets!! Let see what will we be doing????.........

Evening Ladies.

I had a very busy weekend and that included eating. I did however get my 20 laps in the pool done. That still doesn't make up for the eating that was a little out of control.

I need TracyKS back here, she was such a big help to me. There was something about her confessing all of her eating difficulties that made me want to try even harder. Wish I knew how to get back into that frame of mind.

TracyK, I know what a struggle it is for you. We have all been there. I wonder if we are just setting our sights too high and when we don't make it we get dicouraged and lose our fight to keep going. I wish I knew if that was what the problem was. Hang in there. We will both make it.

Judy, Keep telling me about all your exercising and all that you do. It does help. Seems to push me a little.

I'm still jealous of the Cali Girls. What fun they must be having. When are they due back? Can't wait to see more pics.

Heather, So Tuesday may be the day. I bet your ready. Espacially with the heat of summer coming up. No fun being preggers in the humididity and heat. Good Luck.

Hello from Cali!!

Here I am typing on Pam's laptop from Pam's dining room while watching Pam's tv!

This weekend has been a DREAM! Sooooo relaxing and fun and sunny and just perfect! Will regale you w/ all the deets next month -- where, I might add, we expect the $40 that you all LOST in the hangover bet! We all behaved very well and although many margi's have been enjoyed, but no hangovers have been had... go figure!

Everyone here has been so kind and warm and welcoming and fun... it's been so great to spend time w/Pam and Susanne, who is FABU and a definite Vi @ heart. The massages & taking of the waters today was the cherry on the whipped cream of the fudge sundae that's been my weekend (sorry for the high-carb imagery, but it's just been that good!)... soooooooooo amazing and relaxing.

I vote that next year's Vi gathering is in Palm Springs -- I promise you WON'T regret it!

Sorry to go on & on... but please understand that I NEEDED this weekend SOOOOO much... & it worked it's magic... I am rested and restored and rejuvenated... ready to head home tomorrow and sail through the last 2 weeks of school from my happy zen place.

Smooches to all & will check in on Tues once I'm back!!

Hello from Cali!!

Here I am typing on Pam's laptop from Pam's dining room while watching Pam's tv!

This weekend has been a DREAM! Sooooo relaxing and fun and sunny and just perfect! Will regale you w/ all the deets next month -- where, I might add, we expect the $40 that you all LOST in the hangover bet! We all behaved very well and although many margi's have been enjoyed, but no hangovers have been had... go figure!

Everyone here has been so kind and warm and welcoming and fun... it's been so great to spend time w/Pam and Susanne, who is FABU and a definite Vi @ heart. The massages & taking of the waters today was the cherry on the whipped cream of the fudge sundae that's been my weekend (sorry for the high-carb imagery, but it's just been that good!)... soooooooooo amazing and relaxing.

I vote that next year's Vi gathering is in Palm Springs -- I promise you WON'T regret it!

Sorry to go on & on... but please understand that I NEEDED this weekend SOOOOO much... & it worked it's magic... I am rested and restored and rejuvenated... ready to head home tomorrow and sail through the last 2 weeks of school from my happy zen place.

Smooches to all & will check in on Tues once I'm back!!

haydee says "ditto"

I think it is so special of Michelle and Haydee to go to Pamelas party. I am jealous but also proud that I am part of an amazing group of gals. I was telling my mom about this today and she was just smiling and beaming like a mom over what you guys do for each other. Special special thoughts to all of you!!!!!

I NEED that trip too hah hah.

I don't know about the V trip being there, but I definitely want to come out Pam sometime when you're going to some fabulous party where you can bring your not-so-fabulous Alabama friend. Seriously. Sometime next year, I wanna do it.. so let me know :party: I'm sure you'll get takers on other V's too. A BONUS V trip.

Oh yes I got lots of sleep, just got home from cook out.

Russ is about to feed Carson, I just finished mixing all the bottles for the night and I'm going to fold and put away laundry.. and strap in for my long night.

We originally had him sleeping in the sleep center chair in the bassinet, then I was afraid he'd get too spoiled with it and never sleep in his crib so we took it out. I think I'm putting it back tonight, maybe help with his spitting up and to get through the next week.

Good Morning Girls.

A great day to start anew. And I need it. I was a not so good girl over the weekend. Doesn't look like I'm going to make my goal for this month and it's only the first day of the month. That's pretty sad. Well, that's what I get for being bad.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in after work.

5am and already 73 degrees, gonna be a hot and sticky one.