Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Michelle and Haydee....

Have the time of your life. Enjoy all you can and have a very very safe trip.

Check out my horoscope for today:

A tough choice you recently made in a work or school dilemma is finally paying off, and you will be given a chance soon to enjoy an extended stay in luxurious surroundings. Don't forget to bring along a gift for your hosts.

Eerily accurate, wouldn't you say?

SPOOKY!! What horoscope do you read?? That's not the first time it's been right on!

Have a great time in PS you girls!!

Hero went to Doggie Daycare today and he's so worn out he's practically bumping into walls!

I've had a very long day. Went to work where they announced they're merging 2 of our 3 offices and laying off 35 people (out of 400)....with the promise of more layoffs to come. One of those offices has been open 50 years and we have 3rd generation people working there. it's so sad :smile: THEN I go for a follow up appt with my doctor and she tells me that the scans we ran show I am at high risk for atherosclerosis and have the arteries of a 70 year old. I'm put on Zocor and baby aspirin and told to go for a stress test. Of course she told me to stop smoking and I told her "NOT TODAY, THIS WEEK OR EVEN THIS MONTH!!!" (DH's job is in jeopardy too.) After work I went to a "family support" meeting which was not very encouraging, but it was helpful to have support. And THEN I went to the grocery store and bought a full basket of groceries ($160 ka-CHING!) I'm just now getting home. Thank God I have the day off tomorrow!! I am BEAT!!!

LAURA - your story made me LOL! Ok, well I snickered....but that's all I could muster! :smile:

4 words: Propel Black Cherry -- YUM!!!

I had a friend who took a whole fish from the meat dept. at the store, and raised the corner of her exes waterbed, dropped in the fish, cranked the heat, and let it go. He was supposedly at a work related event for 4 days, but she found out, he was taking another girl with him. They had to replace carpet, and everything in his place, it reeked so badly!!

I hate sending food back, I will usually just ask for my $$$ back, I am always afraid they will spit in it!

SIL is back in the hospital again, 3rd time now....since the surgery---4th if you count that. Now she is spiking fever-----and is showing no signs of the UTI they claimed it was before. I think maybe her PIC line is involved----they removed it rather suddenly. She looks terrible. She is laying in the bed, and her hair, is gray white, her skin is gray white, the bedding is white. She acts like it is work to even open her eyes all the way. My MIL called Rick at work crying that they were going to lose her----and she may not be wrong if they do not get a shrink in on things, and if need be remove the damn band so it is forced to light. Besides, if my MIL is right and it is the band causing the problems, then get rid of it! But she has never been honest with a Dr. yet about how she has been with the band, so I have no idea what might be wrong. Makes me wonder what kinds of bacteria might have been introduced while they filled and unfilled her all the time. Glad I stayed away from that!

They are doing another sweep of layoffs here too Terry. Today they shut off phones (cell) to all non essential personel. We switched mine over a couple of weeks ago, knowing this was going to happen. No warning, either your phone worked this afternoon, or not. Rick's still works. We are taking that as a good sign, that he might make it past this next round too. Supposed to be another big lay off we understood this week, which would only leave tomorrow.....scary crap that is for sure!

Glad tomorrow is Friday, I am tired. I am thinking they better find someone to run the front, or they are going to be looking to hire 2 people. I am not going to run back and forth and do 2 jobs with out the pay for 2 jobs! Simple as that!

Guess I will take a shower and head to bed. Rick is not going to have a lunch tomorrow. He went to bed without making it! We have been either making ourselves lunch together, or meeting, but if he thinks I am taking over and doing it without his input---he is wrong! I only work til 2 tomorrow, so I am not taking a lunch break----so he is on his own in the morning. I hate being that way! I spoiled him bad when I was not working, but there has to be give and take.....he has to REMEMBER on his own, I hate nagging him to help me do things. He will do whatever, WHEN I ask, or he will ask if he can help, and I have to say yes---I want him to just get up and help! He gets started and does great, it is just up to me to rattle the chain, and I am not in a rattling mood!! LOL

Gonna go shower and sleeeeeeeeeep!

XOXOX

Kat - we are closing our Denver office because the Rockies market has totally collapsed with gas prices being so low and the price differential required to market the gas...so it's just not economical to develop anything at all there. Our new Prez isn't gonna help that situation at all either, so it's only going to get worse. Buckle your seatbelts.

Terry, are you sure you can't hop on a plane and go to Palm Springs? You NEED a break!!!

I hope (know) that both Haydee and Michelle will have a GREAT time!! I am very jealous!! I will be thinking of you Saturday night as I am listening to "We Are Family" and "The Duck Dance" at the wedding reception!! I am hoping to fit into my fat pants this weekend, and hoping that I can wear the same pants I wore last year to Texas to Alabama.

Well everyone have a great sleep, I have a long work day tomorrow and have to work late. But, I am glad I have been kind of busy!!

I've probably had tons of spit, I don't want money back...give me my food right!! Plus I feel stupid when they offer money back, like they will think I complained just to get my money back (when I worked at Cracker Barrel, we had to assess every complaint to see if they were just tryin to get money.)

So swapping formulas has officially crossed us over into colic. He cries alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time. When Russ got home from work he took him while I slept-he was crying everytime I woke up. I'm on duty now, I let him fall asleep on my chest and just bundled him up.. will give me a few minutes.

Doctor said don't feed him old formula, when he's hungry enough he'll eat the new stuff. He's right.. but Carson isn't giving up without a fight. He spits it up, cries, spits it up, cries.. and eventually will eat an ounce or two. He was up to about 6oz of the other stuff. This new stuff is expensive too, double cost of other stuff.

Hopefully he likes it in a day or two. Mom keeps saying call her if I need her to come over and help, but unfortunately I don't ask for help well. I keep telling her I will, but I don't.. even when I could use the help :smile:

I wish I could just say yeah come over in the middle of the night and give me a break! I was crying with him last night.

Can't wait till this is all in the past.

Oh, Laura....I'm so sorry!!! I had a few times with Hannah like that. And then Evan when he'd have an ear infection -- which was very often! (he had 2 sets of tubes put in eventually). Does the doctor think it's a digestive problem?...or that he just doesn't "like" the formula?

CALL YOUR MOM!!!! She needs to be needed!!! Just say, "Mom I could really use your help." Then you'll probably burst into tears and she'll be over before you have a chance to dry them!

THIS TOO SHALL PASS, Laura! (...but then there's a bunch o' other shit!) LOL

Janie - it sounds good on paper to hop on a plane, but all I really want to do is just relax!! I've been wound up like a clock for 3 solid weeks and this is the 1st weekend I have to CHILL. We have a dinner out to Celebrate my step-daughter's birthday tonight and then I'm just gonna hang out with Hannah for the rest of the wknd....and try to do as little as possible!

Edited by TerriDoodle

Good morning everyone~well, maybe not necessarily 'good' but it IS morning, right? Looking at the bright side...we are alive & wel so I guess in the grand scheme its not all that bad.

Gotta get macy ready for school. I think she is getting sick but she wont admit it cuz she wants to go to my sisters house today to spend the weekend in the pool.

Terry-I need to stay around local...I have a feeling the school may call me to come get Macy :smile: Sorry about all the crapola u are going through.

morning everyone

Good morning Terry and Tracyk, I think you both need a hug or something!! If wishes could make you feel better, poof!! I hope your weekend is relaxful Terry and I hope Macy doesn't end up sick!!

Off to work!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Laura has the pediatrician checked Carson or just advised over the phone?

Sorry he is going through a rough patch. It is so sad when they cry unconsolably. Does swaddling help him? How about tossing some receiving blankets in the dryer to warm them---sometimes that helps comfort them.

Kinda sounds like he was heading for the colic anyway, I doubt the change kicked it in----hope it goes away quickly. Wish I was there to take a turn, let you both sleep for awhile.

Terry, enjoy your relaxing weekend. We were going to go camping, but have decided instead to do some home jobs that need done. The fun never ends! I need to call around and price having a tree taken out---the fire last summer, killed off a HUGE cottonwood tree. See what the cost is compared to my homeowners deductable and go from there.

Tracy I feel your "blah".......I have it too! I am glad it is Friday! I have most of my house clean, and hoping the weekend makes me feel more upbeat!

Might help if we could stay away from the hospital. I hate that place!

Sent off the payment this morning, to Rick's ex--which officially puts us at less than a year to go. That sounds SO callous, but the crap we have been through, with all this, and it continuing still, makes it less so to me! With each payment lessening our amount owed, and each month building her amount owed on the lien on her house, we feel better. Of course the retainer alone was enough to choke me!

Oh well..........I cannot concentrate on that, she is evil, and evil rubs off!!! LOL

Well time to leave for work--------hurry up 2 PM!!!

Hugs!

Laura, I have no pearls of wisdom but your post broke my heart! I agree w/ Terry and call your mom. You need to utilize all resources you have! Do you sing to him...that is my ONLY baby "tool". xooxxo

EVeryone else...I love you and will be thinking of you this weekend!

Pop in later!