Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Laura, a very kind & generous thing to do w/the formula if you don't use it is to donate it to a food bank because I know that's an issue w/a lot of folks who are down & out w/the economy... wasn't it a couple months ago there was a story about a mom in Fla who nearly accidently killed her baby because she was watering down the formula for $ reasons & didn't know any better? So sad. Just a thought.

Older male... hmmmmm...

Blah, yucky, rainy, dreary day here today. Ethan has been watching Wee Sing and is now on Dora the Explorer.

Kris called today and we've decided not to do the garage sale on Saturday. We're going to be making pasties instead. It's Bob's birthday and I think he'd appreciate the pasties more than me sitting by the curb waiting for customers. We'll do our garage sale on the 6th. I just don't feel like pricing things today. Tomorrow we don't have Ethan so I'll have more time to get things out and put the stickers on.

As far as formula... Kris just bought a big can of the powder and she went away for the day shopping. When she got back the can of formula was empty on the floor. Their beagle Baxter got it. He'll eat anything! I can't imagine how mellow his tummy must have felt with all that formula in it.

Nick Nolte????

Mickey Rourke??????

Nick Nolte!! Was tryin to think of his name, and I got lazy.He's always in & out.

Our parenting class said there's been babies that died from the concentrate (parents didn't know to mix it with water) and it shut down their kidneys.. and babies die of malnutrition from parents mixing Water in the ready to feed (from not realizing you're not suppose to).

Carson's gotta get a job and pay for his own auto-insurance. We'll get him a car, but he's responsible for the insurance! :thumbup:

Here is the forecast...TV said 100-101 all weekend!

Oh, so chilly then... :thumbup: ...I'd better pack a sweater!

Nick is a good guess!!!

Yeah, it is pretty warm here. I don't usually "do" the sun much...

OMG...I was falling to sleep last night when I remembered Jane's post about paying. I know I am on the wrong thread but SOMEONE tell me who I pay and how much. I'd rather write one check than do it in pieces.

Thanks

Carson's gotta get a job and pay for his own auto-insurance. We'll get him a car, but he's responsible for the insurance! ;)

:crying: :thumbup: :mad3: :hurt: That's so funny, Laura!! That's what we said, TOO!! :huh2: :ack2: :lol:

Hey girls~

Our kids paid for their insurance---we did have them on a family policy, and our insurance had a program called YES (Youth Education.....something I think) that they took and lowered the cost, and if they kept their grades in the honor level they got better costs too. Both girls managed it, son, did without his car at times!!! LOL

I would give them "fill up" coupons for doing special things above and beyond the required home jobs. Nowadays you can buy gas cards and add to them, but I had kids back in the olden days!!!

Laura, if the formula is stil in its case you may be able to exchange it without it being opened----otherwise the food pantry is a great idea. Much better than toughing it out--------his tummy hurts is why he is fussy, and you can't make him just deal with it! And I KNOW you wouldn't-----I know that cuz I can talk tough too!!! LOL

Busy day at work, but the day went by really fast! I am doing some of the billing, and while I thought I would not like that----I actually enjoyed it!

Rick tossed burgers on the grill tonight, and while I did not have an issue anything like Pamela's, mine is sitting kinda heavy in the belly right now. Well the half or so I ate. I am thirsty, but feel like if I take a drink right now, it will be all over with!!! And I will react just like she did!!! yuck!

We had this woman and her DD come in today, and prior to her coming in, the woman I work with told me she is a brat, she is so mean to her Mom.....just standard office gossip....you know what I mean. Then they come in, and OMG! This girl was HORRIBLE!!! She was 14 and cussing, and ordering her Mom about. Her Mom is older, and may in fact be a grandma to the girl technically, but refers to her as a DD----but the age could be either. The Mom is older than I am by 10 years or so I'd guess. Then again maybe she just looks it from living with that snot! I finally told her she could not use the F word in the office, there were people there who would be offended. So she got all pissy and told her Mom that they were leaving that she could buy her the Baby Phat glasses she wanted and not the Fing ugly ones we had----and stormed out. Mom followed,and returned a few minutes later to get the Rx. Good Riddance! Part of me felt sorry for Mom, the other part felt like someone, somewhere created that monster, and unless someone puts a foot in the middle of her now, she is never gonna change! Made me really appreciate the kids I have.

Terry, I think the fact that there is someone famous there, may at least give your son hope that the place will work----know what I mean. A positive expectation is such a big deal in his case, I am glad he is sounding good.

I feel for you Terry-----I had one DD who totalled a car 2 days after getting her license!! Not her fault, but it happen just the same! She would not drive to school, she was not comfortable with that yet, so she come home, got her car to drive across town (little town---but 3-4 miles) to track practice. A woman stopped in front of her to turn into a trailer park, Manda stopped, but the car behind her did not---hit her hard, and slammed her into the car in front of her--accordianed her Nissan......2 days into the license!!! LOL. She is a safe driver tho-----never a ticket even! Son has had his share (and more) of tickets, but has been pretty safe the last several years. Youngest DD--Abbey totalled 2 cars---both her fault!!! She too has improved with age!! And now as a Mom herself, she is super careful!

Well off to go stand on a motorcycle tire!!! Rick is mounting new tires on an old bike, and my weight is needed!!! Although it IS down, I need to fix my ticker!!!

See ya laters!!

Hey Girls~

After work we ran out to Avenue (plus size store...really cute stuff) and shopped until we nearly dropped...well, we did drop 400 buckeroos on shorts and cute tops! That is ok...I hated most of my shorts...old or don't fit. So, these all do (except no black shorts). But I needed some cute stuff for Italy. Then we went to costco and spent 100 buckeroos on Water, TP, paper towels, laundry soap and softener! Susanne took us out to eat. She ate a hamburger (uh...no thanks) so I nibbled on nachos w/ machaca (shredded beef). All in all a pretty good day.

Tomorrow, I need to see doctor, then get the girls registered and ready to check in at hotel. Since they are taking a cab from airport to hotel (5 min) I need them to have smooth sailing upon check in!

Have a great night!

xoxoxo

He doesn't like the new formula.. it's 4am and he won't stop crying and spitting it out (been goin on since 2am)...resorted back to old formula, now he won't eat that either.

I'm goin crazy :crying:

Hang in there Laura. You'll get it figured out, promise!! Ain't motherhood grand?

This time tomorrow I'll be up in the sky, winging my way to Dallas... quick swoop in to pick up Haydee... and then we'll be zooming to PS together!!! Excited doesn't begin to describe it!!

Long day today, however... I've gotta PAY to PLAY!!

Michelle & Haydee-Oh my....I am so jealous. I am a big girl, I can admit it...I WANNA GO :ack2: And this next one is meant with much love & humor... :huh2: ;) But really ladies, have fun and drink just one for me...cause I tend to overdo it and puke, remember? lol Take loads of pics, ok? (((hugs)))

Is anyone else having trouble getting on Facebook? I got on once yesterday and I had to change my password to get on....then a few hours later I couldnt get on when I tried again. Startin' to piss me off. :thumbup:

I havent been to the gym last week so before I get REALLY back into the laziness routie I need to go. I think I will just bite the bullet this morning. Even if it is just to do a couple miles on the treadmill.:crying:

By the way, did any of you get hooked on that new series called Southland? LOVE IT!

I need to get macy ready for school. :lol: Have a great day...respect the pouch!

PS, Judy, thx for saying you love me too on the text... :mad3:...I hoped someone did! :hurt: