Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hey girlies...

Everyone sounds busy... must be the time of year!

I think my main issue w/wt loss right now is my "all or nothing" attitude... I'm finding that I am either "perfect" with my eating, or I am off-the-charts "horrible" with my eating -- there's no in-between. So I start out each day well... but then just one bite of something "bad" becomes a "oh well, I screwed up, what the hell, I may as well eat the whole bowl of cookie dough batter!" all-out binge! Mental, I know. Ugh. That, and my old but well-ingrained habit of my family driving me to eat -- it's an outlet for stress for me -- I & the weird thing is that I am completely conscious that Kid A just pushed my buttons and I'm peeved and I am shoving a cookie in my mouth to take the edge off. So I am aware of and working on these self-sabatoge tactics & mental quirks!!

Too bad there's not a band for my brain!! ha ha!! :)

Oh, 1 good thing!

Yesterday I purchased our NONrefundable, NONtransferable, "Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween Party" tickets for the night of Friday, Sept. 25 -- so it's a definite done deal now -- we ARE going to Disney in Sept!! Yay!! :)

Pamela-no not sore. I am taking it slow at first, just doing cardio until I get to have my first meeting with my trainer, then I will branch out. DH and I will not always go together. There will be times that I will go by myself but for the most part we will be there at the same time. It always helps when the spouse is suffering with you, lol, right?

Woohoo Michelle, I want to go back to Disney, I haven't been since I was 13 and it's not that far away!!

Yeah Carson is going to work with me, I have a secretary's office, going to set up a playpen/bassinet for a while.

Woohoo Michelle, I want to go back to Disney, I haven't been since I was 13 and it's not that far away!!

September's a lovely time of year... especially the weekend of the 25th to the 29th... hint, hint... nudge, nudge...

Well tomorrow might be the day for the pool cover to come off. I'm not betting on it though. Hubby will make the final decision.

We are off to some friends for dinner and cards. I made a batch of brownies to take. I even frosted them. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Have a great evening, I'll be back soon.

I love frosted brownies!

Michelle, you are a wonderful organized person!!! I wish there was a 'headband' too!!! I do think they are doing brain surgery now for obesity!!

I just got home and turned tv on, well the guy that won the Ken. Derby is just hootin and hollerin!!! He looks so geniunely excited and happy!!

Okay off to do some errands

Wow -- you do know how to clear a room, huh TracyK!?

A rainy day here today... yesterday I cleaned out & purged my clothes closet... it now looks very tidy & spacious... because it's so empty!! & I even kept a few items that I know I should ditch because I haven't worn them in ages, but then I think, "well, MAYbe I'll wear it..." I don't want to buy anything new @ this weight... so I'm hoping to make do w/what I've got...

Today I've got to do a bunch of shopping, cooking & baking for Teacher Appreciation week this week... we're doing teacher lunches on Mon/Wed/Fri and somehow (hmmm, wonder how? lol!) I'm working it each day, filling in where folks didn't sign up to help. Tomorrow is appetizer day so I've got to those today... Weds is Italian... Fri is Mexican... mmmmm.

Off to shower! Make it a good one!

Morning girls~

Yesterday we LAZZZED around...ended up watching Mask (circa 1985). We showered and brushed out teeth at 4:00pm. Went to Costco...woohoo! We bought a book and DVD on Italy!!! She has been earmarking pages and reading like crazy!

We then went to Stef's house and helped her finish her closet clean out. She started this project a week ago and had just gone crazy...moving crap on and off the bed everyday. She has trouble throwing crap out. She was crying when I called and asked if she wanted to go to Costco...so I said we are going to help. She tried to get out of it...saying I'll finish tomorrow, wanna watch a movie! But we did...and I made her throw out tons of crap. She could stand to do another purge...but for now, her closet is clean, you can walk into it, and her head is clear. I am sure she slept good last night!

Today is chill, Walden (a new term starts tomorrow, so I need to read student posts and welcome them), a few groceries, and then a game later!

Have a great day!

xooxxoox

Janie, the guy was excited as hell over the Derby!!! The trainer is a local guy here---not expected to make much of a show at all. The horse barely made 4th place in a race last month, and it was nothing like this race!

The horse was bought for under $10K----the next closest horse running yesterday was bought for over 50 thousand!!!

They drove him there in a pick up with a standard horse trailer----nothing fancy, no AC etc. And the trainer that drove him had a broken leg!!! He is a real jerk in my opinion, he had the big me attitude long ago!!!

We have a horse that is related to the Derby winner---I am sure the degrees of separation are many tho!! Anyway that is where I met Woolley, was at a breeder I really like, at his house I mean. Anyway---it was still pretty shocking!!!

Then to see him do that cross over, and go flying down the wall to go from last to winning by almost 7 lengths---we were stunned!! LOL And if I had been the jockey I would have been hootin and hollerin too----what an amazing ride, and no heart break to dull the win.

I was up late last night, and then up early again this morning. I was irritated -and tried to make it be with Rick -so did not sleep well. Our son and grandson had dinner here, and my grandson is not being taught any manners at all, I was unhappy with that.....he just looked at me when I told him not to throw food, and my son laughed. I bit my tongue.....but was mad! So then when they went to the shop, I worked some of my anger out by cleaning up---and lately if I cook, Rick cleans. Well he spent hours in the shop---got the engine in his chopper, but I was put out anyway!!! LOL. I could have easily left the mess for him, but it was easier being mad at him, that fretting for my poor grandson. Rick said he tried to talk to him about it. He also said he just got the 'yeah I know'-------so nothing is going to change.

Our plan of action right now is to totally ostracize them---they are not going to be invited to dinner, nor will we go with them when they go out and invite us, which is pretty frequent. And we plan to tell them, that no, we are not going because Connor makes us upset with not minding and how he acts at the table, and if they are not willing to teach him, we are not willing to witness it.

Lately with my DIL working, the boys show up pretty frequently at dinner time---so it should make itself evident quickly. He is not here mooching all the time, he is more often than not trying to get us to let him take us out to dinner--but not gonna go, nor will I invite them to eat here! LOL-----poor child needed to be taken from the table, and punished.

Oh well......

Rick put a bunch of fertilizer on the lawn night before last, then it rained all day yesterday----it already made a difference in how it looks!!

We have softball today at 3.

I spent all morning, switching out clothes in the closet--I have small closets.....every closet in my house would fit inside of Pamela's-----and would be room for a dozen more of their size!!!!

So I put all the winter clothes in the totes, and summer clothes in the closet. Dug out all my flip flops!!

Going to go look for a pair of leather sandals for work after we do the ball thing.

So, guess I better get busy. Cooked some bacon for Breakfast, and it is not settling on my stomach.....blech.

Hugs

Slept late!! Was so nice. I love not getting up to an alarm. It is funny, even when I have to be at work late, I still set the alarm, even though I know I will wake up before the alarm, but I still set it thinking I am going to oversleep when I have to be at work at 1:00?!?!?!?!?

I have lost some more weight so I am now back below 300. I can't believe I am saying that. It sounds sad to say, I thought I would be saying I am finally below 200!!! When that happens I am having a big party!!!! I think I will have Michelle cater it, but have Suzie make the frosted brownies!!! Whoops, I shouldn't think like that huh? My next post will be I can't believe I am over 200 again!!!!!!!!!!

I am rambling something fierce!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I was -2 The reason I think that is really good is because I start TOM today and I am retaining alot of Fluid and I was still -2. Pretty awesome. :biggrin:

I wasn't planning on getting ont he scales this soon but when I realized to was here I knew i would not weigh again for about a week so I went ahead and bit the bullet. Now I am scale free for another week. :smile: I'm bringing sexy back :lol:

Macy got bit by something this morning. I am haaving to watch it closely cause it sure looks nasty. Hope it doesn't get worse. she isn't itching it so that is really good!

50% chance of rain. Gotta go to the store because I realized I do not own one single pair of shorts and unless I wanna go workout nekkid, I need to get some! I am bringing the kids home soon so I will just do some shopping afterwards.

Have a fantastic day everyone. Respect the pouch!