Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Laura, sorry you and hubby are having money issues.

I want to be a healthy and good weight. Don't know if I will ever get there, but right now, that is what I am shooting for. Not some number somebody has determined is "my" number.

I thought the Elephant Bar was a chain, it may not be. It is a restaurant that is what they call 'pan-asian'? Don't know what that means!!

My goal is 180 because I think I will be in a size 10 by then, and for my height that seems like a good size. My docs never picked a weight for me, so I came up with it on my own.

See, that's what I'm thinking. Just about anything under 200 and hopefully around 180 would be perfectly fine with me. I'm just looking forward to being able to do things like get down outside and play in the yard with the cats and know that I can get back up on my own. Right now I can do that buut it's a big effort. I'd like to have a little more ease at doing it.

hi everyone

just wanted to check in, it has been a very trying few weeks. My test wont be back for a week, but dr is almost sure and is treating me for Lyme disease, so on that happy note, I have been in bed by 7:30-8pm every night and up by 11 and tossing and turning because my legs hurt so badly and i'm so bone chilling cold i can't function. I have that undercontrol with tylenol every 3 1/2 hrs and start antibiotics today.

I am still uncertain about my job... but i'm so tired right now i don't care.

I also started lexapro because of my anxiety and depression that has been raging, but is also a symptom of lyme. I don' know if i like it, i'm now even more tired and numb which i don't like at all.

anyway, i hope you are all doing well. Wish I could have lunch with you tx gals.

i'm going to go find something to do to keep me awake for a bit, then to bed early

Suzanne, when I lost my weight, I was down to 160-165 pounds. I was a size 8/10. I felt fantastic. My blood tests were great, my blood pressure was great--------but many of the height/weight charts still had me needing to lose at least 20 more pounds. I was able to hover at the 165 and eat comfortably, do minimal exercise (for health as opposed to weight control)--without working at it. I did that with no fill for months! Until the stress and the steroids--then it went to hell in a hurry!!! But I will never strive to be 140 pounds or less---it is not the number I need to see. When I can easily walk in any store in town and buy a size 8 or 10, and be healthy, and not be ashamed of my size, or even the number on the scale----then I am happy about it. My BMI was on the high side of normal-------but it was normal!!!

The better muscle tone you have the more you weigh----so most body builders show up overweight both on the charts for weight and for BMI-----yet their body fat percentage is super low. so there is no ideal way of determining what weight you should be. To say I am at a good weight because I feel good could easily be a cop out------I did not feel bad physically when I weighed 289 pounds----I did not waddle, I kept up when we hiked, I went on motorcycle trips---it did not hold me back, I did not FEEL bad. My body told a different story tho! My blood pressure was high, my blood sugar was high, my cholesterol was high, my joints were having issues, that caused me to have knee surgery several times.......so I was NOT healthy in any way shape or form!!! But got around better and did more than many thin people I know.

If I can get back to the 165- 170 range where I can hover without worry, I am going to be a happy camper!!!

Well made it through another week!!! Stopped and bought some groceries, and now I still do not know what I want to cook!!!!

In the store, I saw an old friend. She and I were friends from before Junior High. Then a few years ago, I found out through happenstance that she was involved with my ex husband. That alone would not have been an issue, except she had been lying to me for over a year about it, and had caused friction between my DD and I. My ex, knew things, that I accused my DD of telling him----and when she denied it, I thought she was lying, so it messed with the trust I had in my child. THAT broke the friendship.....if there is no trust, there is no friendship. Well they recently split, and she is supposedly sobering up. So she stops and tells me I look great, and asks about the family like all is good again now that he is gone. I did not want to cause a scene in Albertsons---------but he was not the issue!!!! She kept smiling at me, and I swear she would see where I was going and head down the aisle opposite....and EACH time, try to talk.

I mention it, because I just got the chime I had an email-----from her!

Seeing me, made her realize how much she misses our friendship, and how can she mend things? I so badly want to send back something like "get a moral indicator, because yours is obviously faulty" or something..... I think she soaked her brain in Southern Comfort for toooooo many years!!!

Feel better Jenn--praying for you.

Laura, that you and Russell have managed with the cash flowing that way is testement to how well you have done.....Not many young couples do so well.

Pamela, feel better, but watch the alcohol and the pills......that stuff scares me...A LOT!!!!

Tracy-------I wanna see your gym---you said you took pics----------so lets see um!

Well I am off to find something to cook and call dinner.< /strong>

Will check in later, or tomorrow.

XOOXOX

Kat-NO, not pics of the gym...a before pic of me and I will not show it until I have an after, lol

Jenn-I am SO sorry that you are sick! Prayers headed your way sista!

Pamela-hope you are feeling OK!!

Goodnight everyone! :)

2 margies...back feels better...hope it holds true for tomorrow!

have a great night!

good to see you Jen!

Good Morning, Violets..

Had a great day yesterday.. 6 hours of driving and then we got to see Jami get pinned by Kris. We went out to eat at Chili's and then relaxed the rest of the evening. Today the guys are going golfing and the gals are going shopping. Grady slept from 10:30 - 8 this morning. He's been really good. We are at a hotel with a Water park so the grandkids are coming over this afternoon and we'll be swimming most of the evening.

Will check in later. Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourself.

Good morning, guess what? I am running late!

Feel better Jen and Pam!!

Everyone else have a great and safe weekend!!!!!!!!!

Good morning ladies~

Yesterday evening I went and picked up brandi & trey since their visit was cut short last week from the virus. Macy and trey played so hard outside. They both came in smelling like puppy dogs, lol. I remember playing that hard when I was a kid.

My dsd is talking more & more about moving in with us. She doesn't like her school, has issues with her stepdad and is just unhappy about life in general over there. I know that it is going to be a bigger adjustment than she thinks. I think that she may have in mind that it will be more fun and lenient here. So we are going to talk with her about OUR rules and chores and yada yada yada. Then the whole money/child support issue comes up. Ugh. As long as she knows that there will be none of that back & forth business going on.

Jenn-how are you...I see you!

Terry-what is on your agenda?

Haydee-how are you sista?

Pamela-hope the margie cure has held on thru this morning! I sure wish I was able to come see you too. I will be there in spirit. I am SO ready for a new season of BB!!

Judy-hope you are having a good time!

Kat-I wish we had a motorcycle! Its gotta be so much fun to jump on and go!

Suzanne-i am so glad that you are on this weight loss journey with us. No matter what we weigh it sure is nice to come here and know that we are all friends no matter what we weigh, right?

Heather-are you OK

TracyinKS- :wink: Miss you sista!

Michelle-i think you are doing fantastic. Don't get down on yourself. This too shall pass....:)

Jane-how is business lately? Hope you are doing good. I might give you a ring tomorrow, k?

Laura-did you ever decide on when you are going back to work and who is going to take care of Carson? I know that was a very emotional HARD time for me. Looking for someone to take care of something so special is a scary thing. After much tears, prayers and searching I found the perfect lady for Macy.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend! Respect the pouch!

Good Morning-

Man I hate when I have to get up and actually do something before checking in!!

I had posts to delete--------if you wanna advertise, ya gotta pay!!! LOL

Tracy- any time you wanna come hop on a motorcycle, come on!!! We even have little ones we could teach you to ride on!!! Did you see the chopper on FB? That is his new challenge. I cannot even tell you what that bike started out looking like, I will have to hunt up a picture on line, and post it and the final result. When it is complete it will bring the total of bikes (and related 4 wheelers etc.) to 8!!!

I thought Laura was going to take Carson to work with her at least for awhile.....maybe I only thought that because our DD takes Corvin to work with her. But 2-3 days a week his Mom shows up and takes off with him----he allows that with his mom just no one else.

Is looking like it is going to rain here today. Mom and I are going in to get pedicures this morning, and she needs to buy a wedding gift. I think for the wedding I am writing a check! Lazy-------but hey it always fits the color scheme, and duplicates don't matter!!

I just finished putting pork spareribs in to cook slowly in the oven for a bit to tenderize them, then Rick will BBQ them later on today. Trying to think of something to have with them, that sounds good, yet is not too bad for me!!! LOL Loaded baked potatoes sound good--------but if I cooked them, I would eat them, so.....trying to come up with a different plan!!!

I chatted with both Suzanne and Jane last night on FB--was lotsa fun! I think Janes ears were burning--Suzanne and I were talking about her!! We just said how much we love her, and what a special person she is, and up she popped!!! LOL

So Judy did you ever figure out the coding on the pool? Or was it the hot tub?

Grady is sleeping through the night? Wow that is great!!!! I know my grandson was 7 or 8 months before he would sleep through the night she just said the other day. She said she is taking advantage of the sleep now because for months to come she will be up and down. Then she said how old Connor was.....My Cayden is now switching, and the new option is Calija (think Elijah with a C), As for now I believe Garrick is still his middle name. Her Dad's name is Gary, and of course his Dad is Rick.....thus the Garrick. Her Mom hates the name Gary (I would never say that about my husband!) so she threw a fit when they thought about using Garrick as a first name, that people would shorten it to Gary.

Glad you guys have to come up with names for the babies and not me!!

My cousin said her babies are going to be Blake Matthew (Dad is Matthew) and Maisy something, I forget her middle name. Both babies have passed the 3 pound mark now. They are due the latter part of June, and they want her to make it as far as possible.

Well if I am going to pick Mom up on time, I better get with it.

See y'all later---I'll check in while he putters on the bike!LOL We lead such exciting lives!

Good Saturday Morning.

Lots to do today. We need to get out and get somethings done while there is no rain in sight. We really need to see about starting to get the cover off the pool.

Everyone have a great weekend and a safe one. I'll check in when I get the chance.

Morning Girls~

My back is sore but better. I mean it is NOTHING like it was. Still not sure the cause, because what I am feeling is not normal back pain. Oh well. We have a relaxed weekend on tap so I will see how it goes!

Kat, the other night Laura and I had a REAL CONVERSATION on Facebook. It was great to talk to her...and then get a quick response, lol!

Judy, have fun!

Tracy, how are you feeling today? Sore? I am glad you and dh are starting together.

Where the hell is Haydee?? Did I miss a post?

Michelle, hang tough sista. You are working a ton too...so, take care of yourself. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND HAYDEE THIS MONTH!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xooxox