Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Ethan and Grady are here and I'm wondering how I ever did it raising 4 kids!! Grady is finally asleep after having 6 ounces of formula. Ethan is helping me eat my ham salad and soy nuts with mandarin oranges on the side. Kris is at the hairdresser. Bob has been at meetings so it's just been me here. He finally got home and I finally got to go to the bathroom. Note to self... don't take a Water pill when you know you'll have two grandsons to babysit at the same time.

I have a hair appointment at 4:30 and then will hit Walmart for a few things before I get home and start packing for the weekend.

Bob will be gone for dinner today. In my pre-band life that would be the signal to go out and buy whatever I wanted for supper. Now I'm trying to think what is left over that I might want. Nothing sounds good now and I don't want to go out and buy anything. Half of it would go to waste.

Hope you get some relief for your back, PamELa. Bob is looking like an old man lately, bent over from back pain. Nathan says it's his sciatic nerve.

Went to ped, luckily not a single kid was there while we were.. apparently everyone has become a shut in (I am now that appt is over).

Just saw on the news, they tested 8 kids and CDC just confirmed all 8 have the swine flu.

They think it started at Panoply, a big art festival here in town; that I meant to go to but forgot to find out the dates and then it left my mind (I was going to take Carson). I am SO GLAD I forgot!!

Hubby and I spent a really nice afternoon on the dec listening to our favorite team. We had a good time. Cooked some hot dogs on the grill and just enjoyed our time.

Posting a picture of me and my favorite team.

Warning. Judy, DO NOT look.

post-214709-13813138366936_thumb.jpg

Hubby and I spent a really nice afternoon on the dec listening to our favorite team. We had a good time. Cooked some hot dogs on the grill and just enjoyed our time.

Posting a picture of me and my favorite team.

Warning. Judy, DO NOT look.

I looked, but I don't think they spelled TIGERS correctly. :(:tongue2:

Tracy, oh Tracy where are you??? Hope you are feeling better!!

My tummy feels better tonight, I think it was just a teeny case of the tummy flu? Enough flu to make me want crackers instead of sugar!!

I am home early.

I hope Jenn is okay!!

hey y'all!

Just stopping in to say goodnight. I had Kinsey tonight. Manda's friend from Kansas was heading back tonight, so Kinsey had dinner with us, and is waiting to be picked up. Made for a looooooong day.

Another long one tomorrow. We are booked solid, I have an extra fridge plugged in, with lab stuff in it....it is crazy! And tomorrow is the 1st, so nothing has been pre authorized for tomorrow---as they have to be done in the calendar month. So all the tests, all the appointments everything has to be done as they come tomorrow. YUCK!!!

Well Rick just broke the bank! We have a piggy bank on the dresser and he broke it, I will be back, I have to tell you about my parents!!!

OK pig is glued---was just an ear!!!

So today my Mom calls me as I am heading in to work, and she is crying. I panic. She manages to tell me it is happy crying.

Remember a few months back I mentioned my great Aunt dying. Well she left her estate to my Mom and 3 of her cousins, as well as the humane society, a few friends, the nursing home she lived in for so long, her church, all kinds of people, places and things......anyway, my Moms cousin, who had been living in the area with her, and caring for her for years, was executor of the will, and he called Mom and told her he was having a courier deliver the will, and a detailed disbursement, and a check----for almost $100K bucks!!! OMG!!!! My Mom was borderline hysterical! My Dad was gone, working at the church, she was home alone, and had to talk to someone--so she called me. I have spent the remainder of the day, calling her and suggesting things she and my Dad go and do! Dad says they need to give some to their church too, and us kids, I told her BS-----if he doesn't blow it on fun stuff himself, I am going to when I inherit it!!! LOL!!! They spoke with my Aunt and the 2 Uncles who are involved, and they are all meeting in Vegas next month to disperse her ashes as she requested. Her estate was worth well over a million dollars, and that was after living in a high dollar nursing home for the last 9 years!!!

My Uncle was an architect/ builder, he helped builda good portion of old Las Vegas, as well as being part of the design team on Hoover Dam. My Aunt was a hostess at the Flamingo, from the early days. They never ever spent a dime of either one of their paychecks, they lived on her tips. They never gambled, until my Uncle was passed, and she called me once and said she had gone gambling with her friend--they had went and played Bingo!!! My Uncle who cared for her said she had been worth much much more.....but taxes, and the nursing home ate away at it pretty seriously.

Anyway I am sooooooo thrilled for my parents, it is such a relief to know they are set that much better. They had retirement----PERA---which is unsettled right now----this will take a lot of worry away. My Mom has been hum hawing new carpet----knowing they can just go do those things without a thought is soooooo wonderful!!!

Makes me a happy DD!!!

Well I am off to bed, or Kinsey is not going to go to sleep and she needs to----she gets up VERY early!

See ya tomorrow!

XOXOXOX

Good Morning, Violets!!

We're off to Kalamazoo to watch our DDIL get her RN degree. Will be back Sunday evening, but I'll have my laptop so can check in at the hotel. Everyone have a great day!!

Good morning everyone~

HAPPY MAY 1ST!!!!!

Today is my (and dh) first day at the gym. We signed up with 24 hour fitness...only 4 dollars a month more than the Y and it is alot nicer! We are each going to have 3 personal training sessions too. Man those things are expensive! I am so excited about it though!

I have new resolve today...I have so many positive changes going on in my life that I cant help but get excited about it! I will ride the wave :(

SO, todays weight is 226 and this is my reaction...on your mark, get set, GO :)

I will make a new ticker later. Not sure when I will weigh again, but I am not really too wrapped up in a number this time. I am more just wanting to FEEL good, ya know? To look in the mirror again and go AHHHH, thats more like it! Of course the first goal is under 200, after that if memory serves me correctly the 180s is where I feel fantastic! We'll see. So I will get macy off to school, get Breakfast in me, then head to the gym.

Have a great day everyone! Wish me luck!:)

good morning everyone~

happy may 1st!!!!!

today is my (and dh) first day at the gym. We signed up with 24 hour fitness...only 4 dollars a month more than the y and it is alot nicer! We are each going to have 3 personal training sessions too. Man those things are expensive! I am so excited about it though!

i have new resolve today...i have so many positive changes going on in my life that i cant help but get excited about it! I will ride the wave :(

so, todays weight is 226 and this is my reaction...on your mark, get set, go :)

i will make a new ticker later. Not sure when i will weigh again, but i am not really too wrapped up in a number this time. I am more just wanting to feel good, ya know? To look in the mirror again and go ahhhh, thats more like it! Of course the first goal is under 200, after that if memory serves me correctly the 180s is where i feel fantastic! We'll see. So i will get macy off to school, get breakfast in me, then head to the gym.

have a great day everyone! Wish me luck!:)

you go, girl!!!!!!!

Morning Girls~

Judy, I remember when I was little, I thought Kalamazoo was a fictional place! Congrats to DD!! That is fantastic, plus you get a little more Grady time!

Tracy, WOOFREAKINHOO!! I am proud of you and hoping some of your new resolve kicks over my way! But I love you no matter what the scale says. I think you will enjoy exercising, especially w/ dh...it is just another thing ya'll will do TOGETHER!

Susie, Great pix of you!

Kat, 100K...OMG. That is bery nice:w00t:!

Well my back is a bit better. I mean, I can walk, where I could not (or barely) on Tuesday and Wed. I got the muscle stim machine for home. I used it last night before I worked at the street fair, and I am using it right now as I type. I felt great after yesterday, but having to work all night, didn't help.

We had a school close in our district for this flu. It is an elementary school. I HOPE WE DON'T CLOSE. What everyone doesn't think of is that the missed days MUST be made up. I don't wanna...and it better not get near my vacay to Bama!

Today is work, then we are going out to dinner w/ the principal! He is retiring this year and so 20 of us will take him out! I finished antibiotics yesterday, so I am on schedule for a cocktail later.

I'll pop in from work!

Have a great day!

Tracy...go kick ass sister!

Good Morning!

YAY Tracy!! Love the new attitude! I loved working out with Rick, and walking with him every day. With summer and his work schedule changing yet again, we might get some time to do that type of thing. Joining a gym is out of the question, there is simply not enough time, with him. But we do a lot of after dinner walks together in the summer, and we are setting up the weight bench in the shop--so maybe I might be tempted to actually do something.

Well DD's friend from Kansas made it known he wanted to be more than friends----and DD sent him back to Kansas! She said she loves him, but not enough to make anything more of it. She tells me he has no ambition, and was not happy here, he wanted her to go to Kansas, and she said she would not do that to Kinsey. That she knew his family, they would not enfold Kinsey like they do his daughter, and to take her away from her Daddy and all her grandparents would have been incredibly selfish----so the right decision was for them to each go in a different direction.

Amazes me the way she thinks things out sometimes.....I raised her??????

Trying to decide whether to go change clothes. I LOVE the way this shirt looks (it is VERY figure flattering) the color is great, etc. BUT it has this metallic thread run through the pattern, and it is not comfortable when I sit---the metal thread scratches at my back. I keep telling myself, my sitting time today will be extremely little.......who knows, 5 minutes before I roll out, I will likely run in and change!! LOL

My Mom is still just reeling, my Dad is very contemplative about the $$$$. He feels guilty that he did not do more for her. He feels selfish, that us kids will have no one to bequest us that way. He has dozens of things on his mind over it! Silly man I told him, GO HAVE FUN!!! Then I threatened him that if he left it to me I was going to go blow it having fun, so he better do it first. He just smiles and shakes his head at me and told me I was hopeless---like I wasn't aware of that already!!!

OK, time to get moving......see y'all after work!

Hugs!!

Kat, that is great about your parents. It is so good as adults to see your parents in a different and happy place.

I remember I had a shirt that was gold, and it drove me NUTS!!!!

Why did that just post?

Anyways

WAY TO GO TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam I hope your back continues to get better and better!!!

Today is my mom and uncles birthday. We are going to Elephant Bar to Celebrate tonight. My neice can handle it pretty good there.

Hi Haydee and Terry!!

Have a safe trip Judy and Bob!!!!

Hey Laura, Carson, Heather and Ayla!!!

Michelle, I hope things are better!!!!!!! I am still wishing I could go with you and Haydee!!

Jenn you are in my thoughts!!

I survived the gym! We even took before pictures!

A couple of years ago I fell down on a concrete driveway. All my weight (preband) landed on my right knee. Needless to say I am hurting in that leg after the gym but it is OK. I will get through it! Thanks for the KUDOS! (((hugs)))