Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Laura, I would just call the Dr's office before you start out....most Doc's have a "sick" room where they can hold the sickly ones away from the others in the waiting room...I just noticed Carson was born on your Bandiversary!!!! I:blushing:'m a little slow sometimes....my "grand" nephew hated tummy time also...he didn't really crawl until he was 1 yr and walked at about 15-16 months...but he had abs of steel...pulled himself up to sitting without rolling over...

Judy I sent it to you this morning, did you not get them?

Sent to your lycos account.

I know Terry, I was telling Pam last night I wish I'd known how they were cutting, it's where I believe they'd do a Tummy Tuck and I could have asked her to cut out some of the pannis lol.

Just got home and found them in my lycos email, but can't seem to open them up. I'm going to try on my other computer. It might be a problem with Lycos, though.

Laura, I think you should definitely call the doctor and see what they recommend. I doubt the tests they need to do are worth the risk. Is Russ running a fever? If so, get the hell outta there.

The kids pediatrician has a well room, and also a separate area for well child checks, where they do not even register in the main office.

As for Russell being sick----man that is hard, but if nothing else send him to your folks for a few days---or minimally mask him, and sanitize everything!

I read an article that come in to the office today, reminding of times to wash your hands, after you open mail, or put away groceries, anytime you touch something that someone else may have touched prior to you.

Teh big issue with the Swine flu is not that it is any deadlier than any other flu, less so even, but NO ONE is immune to it. So it could literally take down entire schools, work forces, hospitals, police dept.'s etc. It is spread human to human, and has a shorter incubation period, so losing entire staffs is possible at one time. Losing meaning they could all be out at once, NOT all dying!!! It is hardest on those that all flu's are hardest on. Including the young----so do whatever you gotta do-----everyone will understand. I think calling ahead, and discussing the issue is without a doubt the way to go----a Dr.'s office of all places should be proactive about it.

I am miserable, I ate some pork steak, and some baked potato for dinner, and either ate too much, or some of the steak is not going down, I am still miserably full hours later......grrrrr

Rick ate his, ALL of it, and then had ice cream----life is so unfair!!!

OK, whatever it is, is stuck, I have the hiccups---crap! Guess I will go walk a bit and stretch, see if I cannot do something.

Will check in in the morning, it is a late go in day for me.

HUGS

Our ped has a well & sick side, the waiting room is only seperated by the reception desk, but the rooms are completely opposite sides.. But with all the schools closed, and them saying to bring all sick kids in for testing, I figure there's going to be a lot of sick kids there. I'm calling in the morning to see what they say.

Russ said everyone at work is sick with whatever he has, he got it from them. But at our work no one stays home when they're sick unless they're absolutely dying. It's more annoying to try to catch up if you're out..

Laura - How's Carson doing sleep-wise? Is he getting a bit better? What about his crankiness? Are you getting some rest?

I remember bringing macy in for her shots...tore my heart out every time they would poke her and make her cry.............

:thumbup: Poor babies!

Edited by TracyK

Good Morning.

Storms are headed our way and I have a real busy morning ahead of me. Not to mention that after I got up, hubby told me that the TV in the computer room bit the dust. I'll have to worry about that later.

At the hospital last night hubby and I had already discussed the fact that we need to really make sure that we watch what we touch and to always use the spray that they have all over more. We use gloves when we go get equipment and bring it back. We wash up after we deliver it but turn around with sterile hands and press the buttons on the elevators. I brought that question up several times. So now we use our knuckles or pull a sleeve over to touch anything we have too. I did notice that they now have signs up all over about how to protect yourselves, like coughing into you elbow, etc. I did hear a rumor that they might ask visitors to start wearing mask when they come. People just need to not panic and just take a litttle extra precaution.

Off to go dry my hair. I'm taking my sis to a doc appointment than shopping. I than have a staff meeting I have to go to. Than home.

Don't forget that it's CTCD. Make it a good one.

Morning Girls~

Took a muscle relaxer and a pain pill last night at 5pm! Was sleeping out here my 6...woke a 7...ate some ice cream...and went to bed! Even w/ the meds I was in pain, but at least I wasn't awake to "enjoy" the pain.

I have a freakin' long day ahead! I have to work, meeting, appointments (going to doc on prep/lunch and after school) then I will work at the street fair tonight until 10:30pm! Man...that sucks!

My back is still hurting, but honestly is a bit better. The less I use it the better, but after the day I will have, I am fearful that it will return bad later. Kinda hard to teach while sitting...fun day for the kids ahead! Wish me luck! I am tired of complaining about myself...haha!

Have a great day!

So sorry, Pammy!! I don't wish back pain on anyone! Can you do some gentle stretches? That always helped me -- but you gotta know exactly which ones to do.

I've been emailing back and forth with Jenn -- she has been real sick and the doctor thinks she has Lyme Disease! She's been tested but won't get the results for a week or more. In the meantime they're treating her for it. The list of symptoms is horrible!! She needs our prayers!

Just saw on the news there's 2 cases of swine flu at the elementary school a mile down the road :thumbup: :)

I think I told ya'll Russ has been sick the past couple days (coughing, congestion, achey).. so I am just beside myself with worry right now. We're suppose to go to ped tomorrow for 2 week check up & PKU, but they're closing all the schools around here so I'm afraid there will be a bunch of sick kids there!!!

It is affecting us in Ohio as well. There was a case in Elyria which is not far from here. My OB was just telling me at my appointment yesterday that they just cancelled a huge free medical services fair being held at fairgrounds where all the doctors volunteer for free and all supplies are donated to help those with needs that can afford them in the current economic climate.

I am also now restricted from visiting my sister's new baby in the hospital because of swine flu precautions, only the mother and father are allowed in the special care nursery. While I am very happy they are trying to keep the most vulnerable safe and wouldn't have it any other way, I am sad not to be able to see him for a while.

The bird flu scare never affected my life personally or hit close to home other than the constant media attention (I am a very regular NPR listener and it was a top headline). I do remember there was a case of bird flu in Turkey when I was there but it was in a far off city. However, the swine flu is actually preventing me from going to places I want to go. That makes it seem so much more real to me.

Hey at least you are complaining about yourself....and not me!!! LOL

Sorry your back is out----when I was about 6 months out from banding, I hit the gym, and somehow irritated my sciatic nerve. I was such a whiner and complainer about it, Rick and I renamed it my psychotic nerve!!! I could not do anything without hurting---it went from my hips, through my butt cheek and down my leg, and made moving my big toe an impossibility! I went back to my original stretches from the herniated disc---and it eventually eased, but I know it has colored my feelings about working out a lot with the machines----I am NOT wanting to go through that again!

My SIL went back to the Dr., he thought she was progressing well, and moved her to full liquids, so she can have cream Soups etc. She says she is afraid to ever eat again. All of this is according to my MIL, and she (MIL) tells me she looks better, her color is good again, and she is just as thin as can be. I am slowly losing mine again, and not interested in almost dying to do it I told her. She responded with shock that I was losing, because she couldn't tell. Grrrrrrrr. LOL I am doing a max of 2 pounds a week, and a couple of weeks have only been 1. But......it is moving the right direction, so I am not going to whine. It was a year going back on.....so as much as I wish it would just fall off, that is not happening!! Oh well.....it will over time.

I have Kinsey for a little while this morning, since I go in late. Their school was having a teacher issue this morning. 2 called in, leaving one teacher, waiting for subs to come in. And she cannot have kids there all by herself----so she is still here, I will take her up there in awhile. She has a runny nose.....which has been in place almost since she began going to the new place, which is normal.

Heather, you having any side effects from your fall?

So Judy, did I miss your Pasties recipe? Going to wait till some gathering to try Terry's so it is not all sitting here calling my name!!! LOL, Did you add it to our Violet recipes, so I can find it again Terry???? I am challenged don't forget!!! Our youngest used to say she "gorfot"....we used to laugh, because we would catch ourselves saying it at the wrong time, in front of others who had no idea!!!

DH saw the new grandson yesterday, and he said the difference in how Abbey acted was unreal. He ran into her in Walgreens. She was happy and friendly and handed the baby over even though he was in work clothes and had not just washed. SOL makes everyone wash first. Which is fine, but we love the baby, we would never purposely harm him! And this has been from the beginning, not just this flu scare. So......either I am part of the problem, or it is SOL, or maybe both, who knows. I am glad Rick got to see them, and she finally acted happy to see him.

My neighbor goes tomorrow to have a feeding tube put in. The tumor in his throat has caused him to be unable to swallow. Then he goes to ALbq. and will be there for 5 days in the VA hosp. receiving chemo, be allowed to come home on the weekends, then back for 6 weeks. His wife is unable to drive him, and like I told Rick by the 3rd round I would bet he is unable to drive that far, it is gonna kick his butt. he is down to 119 pounds already. Rick has been watering his yard along with ours, and said he will mow it along with ours. Which is nothing like it is used to being done. Ours gets mowed once a week max---he did his every 3rd day!!! Plus he mowed and did yard care for several of the neighbors. The single woman across the street already has hinted for Rick to get her AC up and going---ours is still covered----and Rick has a job......so seriously hoping everyone does not expect him to take over for Red!!! We are feeding his chickens, and helping with his yard.....it isn't that we don't care! They are going to have to adapt too.

Well cartoons are not working, it is time to go listen to one anothers hearts!!! She loves Papa's stethoscope!!!

See ya later girls!

It is sort of scary hearing about all the precautions, but glad that they are there. I really don't know anyone or anything that is affected by it. I do have a Dr.s appointment at a big hospital. It does seem weird though.

Heather and Laura, be careful with you and the babies!! Love the pic of Carson with his hand up, knee up, and mouth open (yawning?).

Pam take it easy with your back!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jane

Hey girls~

Checkin' in...hope all is well. Looking forward to muscle stim in 2 hours.