Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I finally got on. I've been trying to all morning long.

Pammy, I'm glad you liked your flowers!

How does one even get a UTI? I've never had one but heard that are very painful and had no idea that it could escalate enough to send you to the hospital...

((Pammy!!)) Take care of yourself, dearie!!!

A nice quiet day here today... I've even been eating properly (1st day of that in a LONG time)... phew.

(((pamela))) I remember macy got a UTI when she was almost 3 and she would scream & cry in pain when she was on the potty. Tore my heart out! Take care of yourself!

Well they refer to UTI's often as the Honeymoon Flu....increased activity will often bring one on!!! LOL

It is suggested to pee before and immediately following sexual activity to clear the urethra of invading bacteria, that get involved during sexual activity! If you are prone to them, they suggest no bubble baths, no hot tubs, short quick baths, showers preferrable, white cotton crotched panties, white unscented toilet tissue, no scented panty liners etc. And as always to wipe front to back....not the other way around.

My DD has only one functioning kidney and when she would get a UTI, it was urgent, and we went through all the guidelines at each visit.

Drink LOTS of Water and cranberry juice---real juice not cocktail, as well as the cranberry pills do help, they keep the lining of the kidneys slick, so bacteria does not adhere so easily.

So happy you liked your flowers and that they came at a time you needed them!!! Hope you feel better really quickly. Take it very easy, and know we love you and are thinking of you.

Tracy, I know that feeling....I remember Manda. Poor Macy!!!

I would have been frothing at the bit, not being able to get on to LBT today. I have not done a bit of moderating lately so have no idea what the problem might have been.

I come home and got the water going again, Rick will be so happy!!!

The receptionist, once again did not show up, so it was a busy, busy day!!! I have been wracking my brain....I know soon they will be asking if I know of anyone looking for work. Not sure of any that I would want to either recommend nor work with on a daily basis!!! My friends DIL is looking and has already ask----but if they think the receptionist now is not reliable, I don't think they would be impressed with her!!! LOL

Think I will just stay out of it, and let them hunt someone up!

We mixed up the filling for a chicken pot pie last night, so only had to dump it in the crust,make the top, and now have it baking.

No change with SIL.....with them doing nothing, I believe they expect it is swelling. I feel if it was something they were really concerned with, they would be doing more than observing. My MIL is somewhat dramatic, as you might have guessed!!! Will have to call and ask this evening, or she will be mad at us. The other siblings went to visit her---but they are only 2 hours away-----we are 6 hours away one direction. But she has already ask us to take her if she is still in this weekend. Hope she is home, that is a loooooong day 6 hours there, 2-3 visiting, then another 6 home! So much for days off!!!

Jane TY for the suggestions, and the offer of some hand cream, I am just going nuts, they stay so dry. They keep hand cream, but it is some designer stuff the Office manager bought, even she doesn't care for it, but we have to use it up!!! LOL

Well Rick is home, we are going to get some things done in the yard, while we have light. Then go to bed early, so we can get up early and watch the meteors!!!!

Will try to check in later, if not.....Huggles to everyone!!!

Hi Girls!

My flowers are so pretty and they smell up the house!!! I really can't thank you enough...They make me feel special everytime I see them!

Kat, you nailed it on the head w/ so many things you said today:wink: This is my first UTI/kidney infection. She threatened to hospitalize me if I didn't take tomorrow off and drinkdrinkdrink and then drink some more. I literally laid on the couch all day. Sus brought home pizza. It was 10freakin2 here today, and I've been sweating all day!

OK...have a nice night ladies! I love you!

Hi girls - I worked in the garden all day today -- planted a bunch o' flowers. Aside from being sore from head to toe, I've also wrenched my knee and I am in PAIN! Had Richard stop and get me some liquid Motrin and I've been drinking that. Wish I had something stronger...might have to call my doctor tomorow and see if she'll call something in for me. Guess I'll go to work unless it is much worse. :smile:

Pamela - sorry about your horrible infection!!! It's amazing it could get that bad without your noticing symptoms before now! My mother had frequent UTI's and hardly ever noticed any symptoms though -- usually the fever was the first thing. Hope you're much better by Thursday.

Michelle - how was your day? Hope you were able to shrug off your school drama.

Kat - best wishes for your SIL and a speedy recovery!...like by Saturday! Aaack - that would be a helluva long drive with MIL! And yes, Jacksonville (esp. Amelia Island) would be an incredible Violet destination! Lots and lots of condos for rent all the time!

Laura! ... I really enjoyed all your pics on FB. I'm sure you and Carson are getting all settled in. Hope you're feeling good! How's the c-section recovery going?

Well, time to get some ice on my knee and head for bed. I'm pooped.

Oww Pam, UTI's are no fun. Did they tell you to drink cranberry juice?

Carson is a serious crier :smile:

If we put him down to sleep he wails like crazy, so we're very sleep deprived. I have fallen asleep holding him, it's the only way I've had any rest, so as you can imagine it's very minimal.. 10 min here or there. Russ takes him too, but I can't sleep when he's crying.

He had jaundice when he was born and he lost weight in the hospital, so had to go to ped today to follow up. His jaundice went from 11.5 to 18, and he's still losing weight. :w00t:

Hard to handle this kind of stuff as a new mommy, I want him to be all happy..

They told me he's not getting enough milk so I'm supplementing with formula starting today.. I am pumping too and realized I'm not making a whole lot yet, but pumping is increasing it..so hopefully in a couple days we can go back.

They sent a nurse to our house and set up a bili-bed for him to sleep on (blue light) and he straps in..she said he needs to live there, only come out for food & changing. Made me sad and then I thought, this is going to be miserable because if we put him down he never stops crying...

She said some babies like it--sure enough, he hasn't cried once since laying in it. He's been in there since 2pm today. She said in 2 days he should be back to normal levels, and luckily jaundice isn't reoccuring once it's 'fixed'.

This has helped me get some sleep, I slept most of this afternoon except when I got up to feed him.

The nurse comes back out every morning to check his levels. I don't remember anyone telling me they had to do this, when the ped called and told me we had to do it, I got all weepy. I feel bad since they said part of the cause is he's not eating enough, I'm feeding every 2 hours.. :)

Good Weds Morn, Vi's...

Another busy day... look what my horoscope was for today:

If you experience some friction with an authority figure today, stand tall. Don't let them intimidate you. They aren't any smarter than you are, they just know things that you don't know -- and there is a difference between the two situations. As long as you are polite, you can be insistent in defending what you think. Your input is valuable even when it's not exactly welcome, so don't you dare apologize for voicing your dissent. Even if you're wrong, at least they know that you care.

Cue the "Twilight Zone" music!

I haven't checked the horoscope for more than a week... so I wonder what it was all those days this thing's been brewing & esp. on Monday! :smile: Maybe the cosmos warned me about all this & I just didn't check it!

The status right now is... I got through yesterday w/no more phone calls/e-mails/or dressing downs. So my hope is that it's starting to fade away. I'll regal you all w/this tale in Ga...

Laura... I am going to e-mail you right now, so check your e-mail (in your spare time!!). In the meantime... ((hugs)) & hang in there... millions have been where you are before you, & millions will come after... it DOES get better!!!

Make it a great day, all!

Laura- (((hugs))) I know it makes you sad when Carson is crying. It makes a new mommie feel so helpless. This too shall pass. Chin up, try not to get stressed.....he can sense your stress and it can make it worse. :smile: Take care of yourself!

Pamela-take care of yourself sista! So sorry you are going thru this!

Good morning violets! I am going to the Y this morning for a tour to see what they have to offer. I gotta get motivated and maybe this is it?!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning, Violets..

Kind of a lazy day here today. Ethan doesn't come until noon and I don't have anything until choir tonight. The weather is still rainy and dreary. It can quit that at any time. I can't get out on my terratrike and that bothers me. Can't get in the hot tub either. It's supposed to warm up by the weekend, but we'll be out of town at a church meeting Friday and Saturday.

LAURA!!! what you are going through with Carson is exactly (except for the jaundice) what Kris went through and is still going through. Grady is a crier too. He loves to be held and only sleeps a couple of hours during the day and then is up and wants attention. He does well at night and she has stopped pumping because she couldn't keep up with the demand. Grady is now on mostly formula with a little bit of breast milk she had pumped. By next week, he'll be all formula. She was stressed and frustrated and thinking this was not what she expected, but motherhood isn't always a perfect road. Just ask any of us moms in here. BUT.. the good news is, it WILL get better. I told Kris the same thing and she is handling things much better now than at the beginning. Remember, your hormones are still out of whack and contribute a lot to the way you are feeling. When Kris put Grady on the bottle with pumped breast milk, she was able to get some sleep and that really helped her. Now Nathan can feed Grady and bond with him too. And Gramma can feed him and bond and that's a neat thing too. I love when he looks up at me and checks me out while he's feeding.

As I posted on Facebook, in my day, if a baby was jaundiced, they had to go to the hospital and sit under the bili light. No such thing as a bili-bed. At least he's able to be home with you.

Hang in there, it will get better. We've all been through this before. HUGS!!!

Off to help bob with an email project. BBL... Everyone have a great day!!

Hey Ladies~

I am feeling 100x better, but still weak and somewhat sickly. What a difference the meds made. The one pill (the one that makes your pee day-glow orange...Kat, you mentioned one as an OTC, this is PX) made me feel so much better. The pain is sooo much less, and the urgency is less urgent!

Terry...hope the knee is better. I have a bad right knee, and I don't kneel in church even! Ice, advil, and rest if you can!

Laura...((HUGS))! I asked on FB what a bili bed is...now I know. I have no pearls of wisdom only sending you and little man purple vibes and positive energy! You can call me and I'll sing him a song over the phone! If you call Judy for a song, he will be happier than if you call me...but I can be plan "B".

Tracy...enjoy the Y. I wish we had one. We have one, but it is not like a real Y. I think it is only for school kids. I do know exercise is the best way to change things up, lift your spirits, and keep things even keel.

Gotta run to work and make plans! This sucks...but must be done. The morning my mom died (like literally was dead in our home), I left her and drove to work to drop off plans. Then I came home and called 911.

Have a great one!

BTW...my flowers have smelled up the entire house. I LOVE THEM and promise to take pix in the next day or two. There are many blooms not yet opened...but will be soon!

xooxoxox

Good morning everyone!!'

Feel better Pamela!! And Michelle!!!

I am glad you are finally getting some sleep Laura, just can't wait to see him!!

Haydee I got your text and will send you and Kat your stuff soon!!

Rant alert!!!

I am soooo mad!!!!

Charlie didn't pay electric bill so now we have no electric at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are just a few things i can do without electricity!!!!!!

Gggggrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus he doesn't want me to tell clients about the power being off!!!!! How do i tell someone not to come in then?!?!?!

Ai yai yai, Jane! Good luck w/that one! oh my!

A quick check-in... I feel sooooo behind w/work it's stressing me out like CrAzY... on top of the PTA/school stress... ugh...

BUT... I am eating properly... 2nd day... so that is a MAJOR accomplishment & something positive to hold on to.