Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

T tust makes everything so much more difficult than it has to be... such a bummer... I'm hoping to lay low for awhile & just to keep doing the right things and that will be its own reward... we'll see...

What's that old saying? "No good deed goes unpunished!" Now I sound like my dh & his pessimism (sp?)!

Waa waa... bleh...

I totally understand, Michelle. I'm the same way. But you're a good person and you went and stood up for yourself and took your medicine. There's nothing you can do that will change anything. Just remember.... this too shall pass.

I'm back from Community Chorus. We had Ethan from 12-6 today. We don't have him tomorrow. I have my volunteer shift and then nothing until rehearsal in the evening. It rained HARD all day today and is still raining. We are supposed to get rain and snow showers tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh joy. I so love Northern Michigan.

I'm going to watch a little tv, do a little Facebook and head to bed. Everyone have a great night. Be good to yourself and sleep well.

Michelle ... we LOVE ya, no matter what!!!

Night Girls, I'm calling it quits early.

Chin up Michelle! I agree...we love you!

It was hot as hell today here...102! Melted melted!

xoxo

Hey girls~

Just checking in....was a great day. Rick come over and took me to lunch, we cooked dinner together, and then I sat down at the computer to pay some bills and renew registration on the car, and I don't know what happen, but I found myself in the WORST mood!!!

Laura the pics are wonderful!!! What a sweetheart he is!!

Michelle---sounds to me, like the school is pouting for not getting to "spin" things! Too bad...glad it is over, and soon when they realize exactly how much you did for the school, they will miss you!

Pamela, I am so thrilled for you--getting to read a book for fun!!! LOL! They just finished state testing here. We had parents calling because they had let kids glasses go, and now suddenly they need them....like yesterday. They were scrambling, trying to get them for the kids, knowing the kids are not the ones at fault when they need to be brought in.

Heather, I got your info added to the sheet----and will send you a copy....like Haydee, my computer is acting all wierd!

Judy, I miss my Kinsey job something fierce!!! But she is loving school. She tells me about it. And Manda give me the password to see her at school---so I have popped in a couple of times and looked at her. She is always in a group of kids and laughing. She got to be teachers helper since she did so well writing her name, and helped the other little girl learn how to write a K. They said she is cruising without problems in the preschool part of her day--which is a relief.

I am coming down with another cold. I expected it working with people again----and being more exposed than usual-------this one come from our receptionist I am sure, she has been sick.

My SIL is still hospitalized, she had the surgery to repair the prolapse, and was to have a swallow study and be released this morning. She swallowed, and back up it come----so they are monitoring to see if it might be swelling, and she is in for minimally 2 more days. Then they will make a decision what is going on. Scary----she may end up losing part of her stomach! Would be a bypass revision I am guessing from the sounds of it.

Jenn, sorry you are feeling so bad!

TracyK---glad you got some alone time!!! Maybe we can squeeze in an early phone call on Thursday????

Haydee, your sisters party sounds wonderful!!! I am looking forward to summer, so we can have big gatherings outside!!

Jane---I agree, try some Water pills and see if that helps, and if not maybe a different Dr. is in order, that is something that would be difficult to do. I am sorry it has you so blue, I fully understand tho.

Suzanne---sounds like you need a TracyK day away!!! Busy, busy, busy!!!

Terry---did you make it home ok? Did you have lotsa fun???

Well I am off to soak in some bubbles.....aaaahhhhhhh

If I missed you....it was not intentional, it is my old brain, I worked it too hard today, and with getting sick I feel all bumfuzzled.......yep that's how I feel!

XOXOXOX

Good evening Vi's!

I had to scroll back a ways to find a post from Laura and saw all the precious pictures she posted of Carson. Isn't he just beautiful??? What a cute, cute baby!! I hope Laura is feeling alright, although I'm sure she's a tad bit sore from the surgery! I'll bet she's glad to be home today and will sleep well tonight. Oh wait! She won't be sleeping well for quite some time!...she's got a new baby in the house! LOL! Anyone know?...is she breastfeeding? That's even more exhausting!

I had a wonderful time in Jacksonville! What a wonderful town -- SOOO much to do!! We were busy from morning 'til night and didn't do 1/10th of all we could have. I'm ready to move!! I didn't schedule enough time there, that's for sure! Anyone ever been to Amelia Island? That's where I want to go back and stay in one of the resorts while DH plays golf.

I've got the day off tomorrow too and I sure am glad -- I'm pooped!!!

Other than that nothing else to report. I'll catch you all in the morning.

Hah hah, I have been popping in to read every day, just don't have time to post.

Yes, breastfeeding... sleep.. what's that???

Russ being great though and is really helping out where he can.

We go to pediatrician tomorrow to check his jaundice & weight.. and his weewee looks infected from the circumcision (UGH). I hope it's normal inflammation.. my poor little guy.

Don't cha just know little Carson is wondering, What in the Hell happened??? I was so warm and comfy----and now THIS?????

Hang in there Laura!!! Sending lotsa love and kisses to your poor little guy!!

Terry---glad you are home, and that you had a great time!!! Missed ya!

Good morning everyone~

Laura-is he a cryer or has he been a quiet baby? Macy would cry every day starting about 3:30 or 4 PM and not stop until around 5 or 5:30 PM. Every day like clockwork. It lasted for about 3 months. I think she was going thru nicotine withdrawels (yes i smoked while pregnant, bad me).

Kat-an early Thursday phone call would be great! We can catch up :crying:

Terry-sounds like a good time in Jax. Ready to go back, huh? What did you do with Hero while gone?

Here is the pic I e-mailed ya'll of macys Cereal. Some of you could not open the attachment, so here it is. She did not plan for it to look that way, just started hollering MOM COME LOOK!!!!

I do not have time for personals to everyone but I will bbl and post more.

Have a great day ladies and respect the pouch!!

JANE....I feel your pain on the weight gain. I can gain that much that quick too. Chin up lady, we can do this together, ok? We are here for you!

post-220113-1381313832797_thumb.jpg

Edited by TracyK

Good Tues Morn, Vi's~~

Today's a fresh new start -- for whatever it is you'd like to re-start!

Thanks so much again for my purple support... I do consciously "tune in" to the "violet channel" vibes when I need them... & I am comforted, knowing that you all are here. :crying:

Make it the best day it can be!

Hey Girls~

Jane...you stay strong. I don't know what pill you need to split, but you can split a capsule, you will lose a bit, but you just put butter or marg. in the open end of the cap to keep the med inside (one of the trix I learned from grandpa and mom).

Well I had to take the day off. Last night, I had a bad sharp pain in my lower side. I thought it was gas (still could've been). I took some GasX and went to bed. Well I slept sooo poorly...kept peeing all night long. I had these odd sharp pains in my lower tummy (again, I thought it was gas). Again, I pee'd all night. So I wake up and get ready for the gym. I am SSOOOO HOT inside...felt very weird. I went pee again...but didn't pay attention. So I am 3 min into my workout on the bike this am...and I have to pee again. Well, I get off the bike, and go...and I am BLEEDING w. the pee!!:crying: I had that procedure last year, so I should not be having a period (although you could), but it is more from my pee...not the vjj. I don't know if I am making any sense. I am having very sharp pains in my lower tummy...and have to pee...again. I am pretty sure I have some bladder infection...but the blood is what I am not happy about. Sooo...I gotta run into work and make plans...after I pee again. I called the doc and hopefully I can get in today.

I'll keep ya'll updated!

Blood and puss in the urine are not uncommon for many UTI's Pamela----are you getting a sharp contraction feeling when the urine stops flowing? That is what usually sends me to the Dr. They will prescribe some antibiotics for you (they always give me Levaquin or something like that)--but if you are having the burning or discomfort go to the store, and near the pamprin and midol they sell a product called AZO---it is a numbing type med, it eases my pain considerably!!! BEWARE tho---it turns your urine a bright orange, and stains everything it comes in contact with--so wear a liner or the laundry day panties if you take it!!! When I am hurting, it is well worth the color to ease the pain. Put your feet up, and try to relax. DO NOT take any left over antibiotics of any kind--it will render your UA negative, even if you DO have a UTI! Learned that one the hard way!! LOL

Tracy---I am on MST----and do not have to leave here until about 11 Thursday---so will try to call, or you can call earlier that morning. I spoiled myself talking to you---so much easier than typing!!!

Terry what was the feel for overall expense in Jax? Maybe a thought for a future Violet meet up???? Since you will be experienced in the area by then!!

Jane---do you or does anyone in your shop deal with skin care? I wash my hands sooooooo much at work, and am messing with so much paper work, my cuticles are a mess, and I am getting my Mom's hands!! Which I love dearly on her----but she is 70+ I am not!!! Or if any of you have good suggestions for some serious moisturizing cream, I need them!!!

We got our irrigation Water on yesterday---I say we---actually Rick got the water going, and watered all day. OMG the difference in my yard is already noticable!!! It was getting green, and this morning, it looks like my yard again! Is supposed to be a nice week.

We are getting up early tomorrow and going to watch the end of a meteor shower. Rick said when he gets home he will move my swing to the yard. Then we take blankets and kick back and watch the shooting stars.....once every few years we catch one where the skies are to be clear, and it is semi warm enough to even consider it!!! I have high hopes for this one. One of my favorite things Rick does, is getting things together to do this.

Well it is time for me to get out of here.....gotta go make me a cup of cappucino to take with me---and I wonder why the weight is not dropping faster!!! It is going down s l o w l y.........I mean I have restriction, especially in the morning, but it is not dropping off of me like it did in the beginning--it likes me better this time around and is hanging out!!!

SIL is still in the hosp----no update, altho I am sure I will hear from my MIL. You know her being sick is my fault. I researched the band for a year before making the trip to the seminar. SIL rode with me to the seminar, telling me all the way she would never do it, she liked eating too well. Only to be converted in the seminar. Then when I made a shift in plans to go to MX she come with me. So since I paved the way--her health issues are my fault. I feel so powerful.......I joke but it really upsets me when she dogs me for convincing her to do this horrible band. I did not convince her, I felt her weight on my coattails!!!

EEEekkkk really gotta go!!

XOXOXOX

Kat, my hands are always dry!! I use this cream that I swear by. Charlie uses something like that but different. Mine is called glymiracle and his is glysolid. I think I have some small tubes left from Christmas, I will sent them to you to try.

Haydee I need your address!!!!!!!! Didn't get text.

I have been taking a 25 mg capsule of dyazide for awhile, when I got really puffy I called Dr.s office and they told me to take two. On Saturday I felt really funny and figured my blood pressure was real low and quit taking the two and just started back on the one. I am not sure what to do right now. I would like to report the Dr. to somebody, but won't.

I guess I've had an UTI for a short while...and now it is a full blown systemice infection that has moved into the kidneys! I went to urgent care and had to pee (no surprise) so they gave me a cup. I came out w/ this bright red GATORADE sample and everyone yelled, "Woo...you need to get her into a room...OMG...you must really feel sick...how long has this been like this???" I burst into tears because the pain and by now I am feeling infection running through my legs, back etc. I am home now w/ 2 antibiotics, pain meds, something specific for UTI pain. AND THEN THE DOOR BELL RINGS!

I GOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS FROM MY DEAREST VIOLETS! Thank you all sooo much...they are spectacular. I promise to take a pic later (yet haven't figured out how to resize the pix yet). THEY MADE MY DAY!! My brother was here and said, I should get you a gift huh? LOL...I reminded him he can get me one in May!

OK...I need to lay down. I am not working today or tomorrow, perhaps Thursday too! No gym for a week! I can't believe I was at the gym this am at 5am!!! I have gotten progressively sicker since this morning!

xooxoxoxoxoxox

THANKS AGAIN GIRLS! YOU GUYS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME! XOXO

Pamela, After all you have been through with the stress of getting your doctorate it is no surprise that you are feeling a little under the weather.

I went on a vacation to New York over memorial day a couple of years ago. I was pretty OK but felt the barest hint of a pending UTI the day I left. Within in two days I was sooo sick I could hardly move with fever and sweats and unbearable ache in my back from the ache in my kidneys. I know these things can really knock you for a loop quickly and sometimes when stress is high it seems like it can instantly spread.

I am happy you have meds now and hope you recover quickly.