Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Michelle, I'm sending purple power your way. I hope everything turns out well and you can put this behind you quickly . . . whatever it is. Sometimes these things always seem worse when you are in the midst of them but are no big deal a week later.

Laura, How was your first night at home? :0)

By the way Judy what were you and Bob doing nine months before the kids. Is your anniversary in September?

My thoughts exactly, lol. You can time 'em any closer than that.

Good morning lovies! How was everyones weekend?

Mine was short! I wish we had one more day every weekend. I might have to talk to my boss about three day weekends if I work 10 hours a day mon-thurs. That would be awesomeness...

My sisters party went great. She was really surprised! Me and my little sister worked diligently all day Saturday getting ready for it. We went out in the pouring rain to get last minute things and to pick up party trays. But by 6pm the sun was shining and there was a little breeze. We threw open the doors to my mom's veranda and people mingled all around the house and all around the patio. Then we danced danced danced till about 2am. It was a blast and it was worth all the work!

Sunday was lazy day. We got up early and went to 9am mass, then had Breakfast and then I laid on the couch with my book. Ahhhh, it was wonderful. I finally got my lazy butt off the couch around 7pm to start dinner. Juan asked his brother to come over to watch basketball so I continued my read-fest on my lounge chair on my patio. I felt like such a bum, LOL...

Michelle - my thoughts are with you. Just like Pammy said, just own it and apologize if you did wrong. What did you do anyways? I don't really remember, LOL

Laura - oooohhh can't wait to see our baby! Are you home now? I know you won't be posting much but know that you're always on our minds!

Judy - sucks about your weather. How many months out of the year do you actually see sun and feel heat? We had rain all Friday and Saturday but it cleared up and we had a wonderful Sunday. Would you and Bob ever consider retiring to somewhere warm?

Janie - i texted you my address. have you ever heard of a product called ouidad? its supposed to be for curlies. what are you sending me?? I'm excited!

Terry - glad to hear you had a great time! You missed the weather drama! Water starts falling out of the sky and people forget how to drive here in houston. So many accidents, so sad...

Tracyk - sounds like you had a good weekend too! Did you hubby take care of Macy for you or did he also get some alone time??

Heather - A month and a half to go!! woot woot, you're almost there! You might give birth while we're all in Alabama!

aaack, i'm glad i got that posted. my computer was acting funny and i thought i had lost my post...

i'm gonna try rebooting and see if that helps...

i'll be back later!

I'm back!

Man, they were maaaaaad at me!! The principal was shaking I thought her head was going to pop off!

My crime? Sending an e-mail with which they did not agree/approve to other parents.

I completely owned it... I apologized that it caused them such consternation... I guess in the end (after more than an hour) we ended on an agree to disagree note (but we'll never all be best buds again) and I do appreciate that perhaps I am not "politically correct" enough sometimes... I definitely call them as I see them and can be passionate... I wear my heart on my sleeve... and that can clash w/a school's required political correctness at all times.

But I didn't let them bully me, at one point as the principal was going on about the "resources" behind her and that she'd had the legal dep't review my e-mail, I leaned in and said, "Are you actually threatening me with legal action?" and she backed off... I wonder if she thought I'd fold & cry... but I didn't... so we'll see... I imagine that this will fade away and that will be that... but the hard feelings will probably remain... that's too bad... that wasn't my intent at all...

Only 8 more weeks of school... 2 more PTA meetings... aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Back again. Ethan has arrived and is already on the Wii. We got him a new little trike and Bob's going to put that together and let him try it out around the house since it's such a crappy day weatherwise and he can't get outside.

Michelle!! Wow.. good for you on not backing down!! Must have been some kind of email if it pissed off the administration that much! But like you said, only 2 more meetings and then it's history.

As for our anniversary... lol It's in June. But you have to remember that July is during summer break for teachers. hehehehe Vacations are a wonderful thing, aren't they?? (Count ahead 9 months from July)

Haydee.. the Bobster would love to be somewhere warm during March and April. That's why we cruise in the winter, usually in January when it's the coldest here. March and April are really blah months here. The snow is starting to melt and everything looks dirty. We're planning on renting a place in Florida next February and seeing how we like it. It will only be for a week, but it is a house that allows pets so we can take the Yorkies with us. We'll see how that works out. I don't mind the winters here..... yet. Cruises are enough for me along with visiting our friends in Florida every year for a week.

Off to warm up some ham and cheese Soup for lunch. We were junk food addicts this weekend and I need to begin my rehab!

hi gals

checking in... have not had a computer for a week and just getting hooked up at work.

Pamela - Congrats ... I'm so proud of you

Laura - well... words cannot describe the feeling of motherhood... can it? He is so cute I can't stand it

Tracy and Terry - i tried to email over the weekend to say i'm still alive but used my phone so who the heck knows what happened.

Susie, yes I got your package, thank you so much...

Sorry I couldn't thank you earlier, i have been very limited on my phone

hope everyone else is doing well i'm exhausted and bloated and have eaten like shit... excuse my swearing....no other way to describe, i'm hurting so badly i don't care what i eat when i have a minute to eat and retaining so much Water it is horrible.... oh well, i'm trying to get focused.

Haydee, didn't get your text! Remember when you were talking about straightening your hair and I said I had some stuff for you to try? I think I have three things for you, but one can be used whenever, it is a shine spray, and works great on hair like yours. Two of the things I have used before, and it is old packaging, so if you like it, it looks different. That sounds horrible sending you used stuff, but I have just taken things out of the can/bottle etc... Not anything gross like double dipping or anything.

Michelle, I think it is great you didn't cave into them. I was thinking about you.

Now my next post is depressing and I need some kind of help. I went for a fill and gained 16 pounds in a month!! Now, I am really swollen, she even told me to call my Dr. about it, but 16 pounds? She told me to just eat 1 cup of food three times a day. I need to figure out a menu in advance and make it and freeze it and only eat that. Oh my gosh!! I am still freaking out!!! I need one of Terry or Michelles spreadsheets to figure out my food. Really!! Is it possible to make a spreadsheet like we have for our trips and then you guys give me suggestions? OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I am done freaking out for now, I think...............

Jane!!!! Are you taking a Water pill?? 16# in a month is not something you can do just by overeating!! Especially with a band in place. There has got to be something else causing the weight gain. Talk to your doctor asap!!

Just got off the phone with Dr. and I am so pissed off. The girl told me to split my pill in half, I told her I couldn't because it was a capsule, she said hang on let me see what the Dr. say, she comes back and he said there is nothing left to do. Call back with any other problems.

Can I scream now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane, I agree with Judy. That has to be Water gain. And what pill are they wanting you to split? Hopefully your water pill should only be a small round pill. What a hassle that nurse is, she was wrong in handling your problem.

Came home from work hoping to take a little nap. Nope didn't come close to it. First got a phone call from my Aunt. then there was a fender bender out in front than my nephew called. Than my niece called and than my sister came home with a friend. I knew I should have gotten a motel room. Guess I'll go to bed early tonight.

Poor Michelle. I hope things will get better.

Thanks for the thoughts, gals... I am in such a funk now... I hate it when I disappoint people or I know they're mad at me/don't like me... ugh! It just makes everything so much more difficult than it has to be... such a bummer... I'm hoping to lay low for awhile & just to keep doing the right things and that will be its own reward... we'll see...

What's that old saying? "No good deed goes unpunished!" Now I sound like my dh & his pessimism (sp?)!

Waa waa... bleh...