Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I am off to watch Michelle!!! Plus it is world Autism Day, I didn't know that until I went to set my dvr. My mom was like you didn't? Wear your pin today!! I don't own an Autism pin!! Guess I need to buy one!! If you don't remember my neice has Autism.

Jane

Michelle,

For a minute I thought your segment had been replaced by the eco-friendly caskets....glad I waited around!! I saw your segment with your Mickeys in the background. I just started laughing....leave it to Michelle to have the Mickeys with her!!

They should have had you be outside the studio.....that girl looked scared to death!!

Congrats!! You did great!!

YAY Michelle!!!!!!!

Tracyks and Tracyk HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzie, how do doing today?!?

Terry I will have lunch with you!! We will have more fun than Haydee and Tracy!?!

Hey Heather is Ayla still your name for your baby??

Okay got to run have a good day!!

I saw Michelle, I saw Michelle (done in my best sing song voice!!!) Wasn't what I hoped, I hoped she would be clear as a bell, and it wasn't.....but I still SAW her, and we aren't on vacation yet!!

I saw instantly what you meant about the email Michelle, good grief!!!

Awwww Laura, sorry Mom is not being more supportive through this! Sounds to me as tho she is maybe having some difficulty in the whole Grandma scene!!! LOL, which is not difficult to understand. Your Mom and I have to be similar in age, and it is hard realizing you have reached that point! LOL

So far, my last 3 grandbabies have been induced deliveries. Manda, due to pre eclampsia, the pitocin actually was slow to work for her, and it did bring on hard contractions, but it was only a few and then the epidural was done, and all was well again!! She delivered Kinsey naturally, with no bad side effects of any kind on the baby.

With Ali, my DIL, they induced her, and she too was a slow start, and had her epidural done soon into the labor, and labored fine with the pitocin up to 10 cm. and time to push, when Connor began squeezing off his umbilical cord, so they had to do a C section, but would have in any situation, he was literally tied up in an overly long umbilical cord. We were in fact playing cards (gin) when they did her last check and said oh you are ready to push!!! So it did not, when in conjunction with the epidural, leave her writhing on the bed.

Manda put on make up and had me french braid her hair within a couple of hours before Kinsey was born. Again, she too had the epidural.....so was feelin' no pain.

My youngest DD, that just had her baby, was also induced, because of the placental tear they had watched from month 2 when she began bleeding. They were concerned that it might tear unexpectedly and that could be deadly to mom and baby both--so they wanted the entire labor monitored.

She was not slow!!! Her labor proceeded REALLY fast, but he refused to move to a head down position, he remained head at her belly, feet at her back position, and so when labor started so hard and fast it stressed him, it squeezed him in an uncomfy position, and his heartrate would race then drop----so rather than keep that up, and risk the move tearing the placenta, they went c section.

They use it so much along with the inserted cerva gel or something they used on Manda and Ali, that they are used to how people react.

I don't think your Mom wants to see you hurt at all, it is hard for us, ask Judy!!!

Ultimately tho, this is YOUR baby, YOUR pregnancy, and they have learned a lot in the 20+ years since your Mom and I did the birthing thing! Heck I delivered in a birthing chair, and I don't think they even have such a thing anymore.

Hang in there, it is an emotional time for all involved! When the baby is here, it will all be forgotten.

Hugs......thanks for reminding me what NOT to do sometimes Laura!!! LOL

Gotta get ready....been playing with Kinsey---I miss her so much!!!!

Video isn't loading for me! Just sits on the 'loading' screen forever.

Kat, thanks for the info!! That's what *I* tried to tell her, from what I read it's changed quite a bit, and I really think hers was given all at once from what she described and the stories I read-which they don't do anymore.

But mom knows best, so she just rolls her eyes and says "I can't wait to tell you I told you so". Not very helpful.

I'm going to be in pain either way, so I don't know why she's trying to make me worry about now she's going to be annoying in the delivery room as well.

My dad made the comment last night that he thinks I should do it, for practical reasons.. can plan it, can make sure everyone is there that wants to be there, I can have my shower and eat, etc. etc (things I think are positive to this too).. and my mom asked him if he's ever been induced.

Wish she'd just support me either way, and on top of that she goes around telling everyone her horror story and then says "And Laura thinks its a good idea, she'll have to learn the hard way!".

Cant load the vid from school:thumbdown::wink:

I am NOT IN THE KNOW...but I watched (yep..watched the whole thing) my sil get induced. She got some meds; the doc reached in and "popped" the Water bag; the doc said, "I bet he will be here at 6pm!" got her epidural; SLEPT THROUGH HER CONTRACTIONS and only her toes would curl when she would have one (all afternoon); at at 5:40 they said she was dialated enough...and my cutie patootie popped out at 6:04pm! Easy breezy. Wendy told my bro..."go get me a cheeseburger!" And the rest is history!

I am sick...and feeling sicker as the day rolls on:scared2: Hope I can make the concert, but I am making lesson plans for tomorrow!

Had a ton of running around to do this morning and than came home and watched Michelle.

It was very fuzzy but I got to see you and Mickey. What a cute little segment but I see how you could be disappointed.

I have a few things to do around here and than get ready to do our shift at the hospital.

Hope Judy and Bob are still having a good time. Can't wait for her to get back and tell us all about it.

Jane, I'm feeling fine. Once the pain stopped the other day, I've been ok. The tape is the worst part of it all. Taking the tape off and cleaning the stitches.

Didn't look that fuzzy to me, I saw you just fine!!

Very cute :smile2:)

They didn't really answer your question though.

OMG I am getting sicker and sicker...can't believe it! PISSSSSSED OFFFFF TOO!

They didn't really answer your question though.

EXACTLY -- that's what I said earlier! It's like she had on her agenda to talk about sleep deprivation (which trust me, I do NOT have) and no matter what I'd said leading in to that, it didn't matter, she had her talking points!

It's like when the Prez is asked a question -- he never answers it directly, just repeats his talking points. He did it this afternoon in his press conf from England -- SOOOO frustrating!!

Like I said, live & learn & have some new experiences along the way! It's all good!

Pammy -- Take mega meds & go rock out w/Melissa!!! I LOVE her!

TracyKS -- I see you lurking down there... come out come out wherever you are!!