Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Haydee, that sounds like heaven!!!!!!!!!

I think we need to hire a 'beach boy' for our house in Alabama!!!

I finally decided on driving to Alabama, I put a post on that website, so I think cars are taken car of?

I have a pretty open day today, I need to run up to the shop and do somebodys hair at 1:00, one of my weeklys had a death, so I am going to run up and fix it for her. Her hair, not the deceased one. Sort of like the 1/2 pie thing.

Have a good start to the week!!!

Janie - thanks for clarifying that up, LOL! Did you end up getting your fill? I don't remember seeing that? But I read alot and most likely forgot!

Judy - I know you're not here but you'll read this when you get back. I'm so sorry about what you had to go through right before ya'll left on your trip. I am learning alot about the impact of my decisions on my parents life by having women like ya'll in my life. I wish everyone was as lucky as me to have all different types of women as friends. Different ages, backgrounds, religions, political views, ect. I learn different things from each one of ya'll. I am blessed.

LAURA! Carson is so close to getting here!! Omg, I am so excited for you. I can't wait!! I'm sure your dad won't miss it. He will move heaven and earth to be with you when you need him...

Heather, we want bump pics!! How are you holding up with all that you have going on?? Your husband must be a big help! Do you mind my asking why ya'll decided to wait so long between children? Also PM me your email address? All this time that I hadn't been able to get on i've been emailing the other girls but I never had your email adress...

Suzie - I got your Facebook request just couldn't logon to accept it. I'll do that today.

The other Suzie - you are on a roll!! Way to go with all the working out! I'm so glad the weather didn't ruin your Eagles concert. I watched a concert of theirs on DVD and it was amazing. I can just imagine what it would have been like to go!

Pammy - Sounds like you had an awesome weekend with Suzanne! Did I read it right and you said that your Spring Break hasn't come yet? All of our kids around here got Spring Break already. Are ya'll making any plans to go anywhere?

TracyK - I LOVE 4-wheeling. My dad has a friend who has a ranch out in Columbus. We try to get out there every once in awhile to ride the 4-wheelers and the dirt bikes... We always have a blast! I'm glad you're feeling better. You sounded way down a few pages ago...

TracyKs - I'm glad you're posting again. Hope everything is well with you. We miss you!

Michelle - sounds like you had a great Sunday. I wanted to stay in bed with my books yesterday but Juan pushed and cajoled me into getting up and out of the house...

Terry - wasn't it wonderful weather here this weekend? Did you know that the Bayou Arts festival was going on? I found out about it too late on Sunday. Do you ever go to I-Fest? It features Ireland this year! Fun! If you go let me know so we can meet up and wander around together for awhile...

Jenn - you're doing such an awesome job with the upgrades to your house. Man, I wish I had half of your enthusiasm for that sort of thing. Did you mention you were trying to stay at your current position full time? Do you know anything about that yet??

KAT! You're working now! I mean for pay, LOL!!! I can't wait to hear how your first day went!

I'm sure I missed someone or something. I am really sorry if I did. I was trying to take everything in... I really missed ya'll!!

I'm off to lunch now with my co-worker. It's her birthday today and we are taking her out to eat sushi. Not my fave but she LOVES it so here we go...

Haydee, so good to see you back! Our spring break is a bit of a sore subject at home. I was hoping to defend my diss the week before, and wanted to go to Sedona and Phoenix during break. NOw I am defending my diss on the Wed of the break (smack dab in the middle) so Susanne is going to Phoenix to hang and help her mom and I am staying here. I will drive into the LA area the night before I defend and get a room so I don't have to deal w/ traffic on the day of. Then after I defend, I will be at home working on revisions. My goal is to have it ALL done before we come back to work. So there it is! Next year...something awesome I hope!

Hey girls...

Haydee -- yay you are back! Thank Tico or whatever the IT guy's name is for getting you back to us!!

So today I get all prettied up & wear nice clothes to go meet my friend for lunch... and guess what?... we're scheduled for TOMORROW, not today! Duh! I think my mind is going!! I even had it on my calendar for today... but sure enough, right there in our e-mail exchange I'd written "see you on Tuesday..." I fear for my mind!

Off to forget more things...

I have gotten some fills, I am taking it sort of slow, so I don't have the problems like before. I did not know you could have the band and NOT have reflux etc....

I am not doing well, but am hoping that I am going to reach up and grab ahold of something that might help. My arms are getting tired!!! I go for another fill in two weeks.

Everybody seems so good with personals. I am horrible!! I have thought that for awhile now, and today I feel bad about it! Not sure why? Maybe because I am pmsing and late in starting??? I don't know why, but thanks to all of you who are GREAT at the things I lack!!!

Can't wait for our trip.

Bye!!

hi guys

just checking in real quick- almost a week late with TOM felt really bloated yest and was up 5 lbs, and it finally came today and i feel less bloated but get this... up another 5.5lbs today. HOW THE F' do you gain 10lbs in 2 days, I have an appt with Dr. on Thursday and I am so depressed i'm up that much I want to hang myself.

How does that even happen, I work hard and gain a ton, don't do anything and hover 1-2lbs, which i can live with.

anyway, just had to vent, i'll come back later and get caught up from the weekend,

between weight and job, i just don't know how much more i can take

Stopping in while I have a minute.

Work was long a hard today. Really busy. Came home and picked up hubby so we could go over and sign the papers for the new fitness center. Got home in time to grab a little snack and headed off to Doc's appointment. It went really well and we decided to not have a fill. I'll see how it goes for awhile. Now I'm resting for a few before I head off to my boot camp.

Haydee, welcome back.

I'm home, the day was great, I think it is going to be a good fit.

We are off to dinner. Rick was off, and this is his way of cooking. Not gonna start this off complaining!!

And he got a definite move out time for the guy out back today, even if in my opinion, he blamed it all on me....sore subject!!! Oh well, in its own way I prefer it be my fault. Wierd convoluted feelings on the subject.

So I will get back in later tonight. Hugs! Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate them, and they worked, I had a great day!

** BIG NEWS!! **

Ok, so remember how I posted earlier about going to meet my friend @ lunch a day early? & how forgetful I felt? Well, after that I went onto Twitter, where one of the "people" I follow is The Today Show, and there was a blurb on there that said, "Questions/concerns about memory loss? Ask Dr. Nancy" w/a link. Well, talk about perfect timing!

So I typed up a quick paragraph w/my age, stats (busy mom, PTA prez, self-employed editor, etc., etc.) and gave today as an example, + how sometimes I'll walk into a room & then forget what I went in there to do... and I asked how you know it's just "normal", I've-got-too-much-on-my-mind stuff v. the beginning of something more serious... which I do fret about from time to time... like today! I hit send and voila.

So I figure that they'll get lots of similar questions from similarly busy women across the USA, & they'll sum them all up and that's it.

But NO! Within an hour I get a call from a Today Show producer! And, long story a bit shorter -- I'M GOING TO BE ON THE TODAY SHOW ON THURSDAY MORNING!!

(And no, much to my dd's dismay, they are NOT flying me & my fam to NYC to ask my question. I'll be asking it via skype from right here in my office in front of my computer!)

It will be on around 8:45am eastern time -- for those of you in other time zones, you'll have to do the math on that. So watch me -- dvr me -- laugh at me!!

Now on to bigger matters... like what to wear!! Oh, and fret about how the camera adds 5 lbs...

Kewl, huh??

Hah hah Michelle! I will TiVo it.. but I can tell ya now, it's normal :P

Ack!

Ok, I'm trying to set up Skype and I'm following the directions they sent, but somethings not working & I don't know anyone who has it to try it out on. Do any of you have Skype & can help me?? Tonight or tomorrow a.m.??

Haydee -- welcome home!!

Kat -- Congrats on you wonderful day. Now, just to get rid of OB Guy....

Michelle -- I will try to be back from Curves in time (or watch before I go, if I am running as late as I did today!) Too cool!!

Thought I had a contract job lined up for tomorrow, but no call back....maybe they just hadn't made up their mind yet and it will be on track for Wednesday. That would be nice -- I could save the 6 weeks severance for later.....

Sweet dreams violets!!