Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Morning.

I took a muscle relaxer last night and went to bed at 9:30pm. Got up at 8:30 this morning. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Michelle, can you come over and kick my butt? I need to do the same thing to our bedroom. It needs a real good cleaning. I can do it. I just need motivation to do it. It's the room that gets the least attention.

Tracy, I saw this and was wondering how close it is to you guys. Looks like it would be a great place to take Macy.

cowtowncattlepenmaze.com

I'm going to go make some Breakfast and than see about starting laundry.

Have a great day Girls.

Phew! It is NASTY under our bed! :eek: It's also like an archeological dig!! The next time someone can't find something, the first place I'll suggest is "under my bed!" Yes, Suzie, sadly, our bedroom is the least well-kept room in our house too... & the one that everything gets junked into! The rest of my house is lovely -- really!! I did as much as I could, but I can't move the bed w/out breaking either it or me, so I'm going to wait 'til ds comes home & he can help me. Then that will be it for today... I'll have to keep doing section by section for an hour or so at a time 'til it's done... but at least the parts near our heads will be done! Oh my. Talk about airing my dirty laundry in public!! :)

TracyK... my doc always does fills in his office, "blind", I guess you'd say... he just sticks in the needle & voila. They only do the flouro-fills @ the hospital if there's a problem or they want to check something... with me, it's because they say I'm maxed out on fill, but I say I need more restriction, & we've been going back & forth about it for at least 6 months. So I'm nervous because going to the hospital makes it seem more "serious", + I won't know the person doing it, + I HATE NEEDLES and the thought of standing there w/it sticking out of me gives me the heebie jeebies!! I'm sure it'll be fine, tho.

Speaking of which... I need to go back and find TracyKS's old post after the last time I tried to get filled & they wouldn't & she was telling me how much these babies can hold -- I want to be armed w/knowledge!!

And for those of you looking for motivation... look inward, is all I can say. I was miserable w/myself, feeling like crap (remember all my hip & back pain?), feeling like a failure... and I don't know, I just didn't want to be that way so I decided to take it one day / meal / choice at a time PLUS exercise a bit... and now I feel SO much better mentally and physically. And yes, I ate out this week @ Chinese (but I planned ahead & ate SO much less than I would've usually) and I had a bit of pizza... but in proper bandster amounts. And I'm down almost 8 lbs this month. Every day it gets easier to make the proper choices... every day it feels better... every day I feel mentally better. All I can say is you just have to DO IT... & we've all proven that we CAN do it... it's really just a choice. I want to stop having my weight and food define me & consume my thoughts & time... I want to get to that place called "normal"... won't you join me???

Found it! All the way back on page 43 or thereabouts! TracyKS's rant about my fill doc. Yay! I copied it and put it into a Word doc and named the doc "TracyKS's fill rant"... tee hee... now I can refer to it whenever I need it... I think I'll print it out & take it w/me tomorrow as my good luck charm!!

If you're out there lurking, TracyKS -- THANK YOU!!

My fills don't hurt at all. It is weird though her doing it this way. My Dr. used to do the seek and find way, it took her forever, but she got it, around 15 20 pokes with lots of probing. Now with the flouro it takes at most 3 pokes, and she used the machine to do the probing. It really is amazing. She says I am the hardest poke because I have a lot of scar tissue. But, really honestly it doesn't hurt. It sounds like it hurts and looks like it hurts but it really doesn't!!!!

Didn't make it to church today. Couldn't sleep last night. I am good at laying around all day, but horrible at taking naps. Kiss of death, couldn't get to sleep til 4 then the alarm went off at 6. Got up tried to get motivated, but couldn't. I know my mom is so disappointed. I talked with my dad this morning.

Boy am I rambling........

Michelle, hang tough, it REALLY DOESN'T HURT!!!

Hey I just thought of a question, does any here take Probiotics? I read an article that is you crave sugar it may be the cause of too much yeast in your system, and if you take a probiotic it helps. I don't have female yeast problems, but don't know if the two are connected.

Jane

Good afternoon ladies!!

I feel as if I have taken a step toward my new, better-for-me life... My last day at work was Wednesday. If you don't remember, my boss and I had an ethical difference of opinion and I didn't want to be involved. I rested and relaxed Thursday and Friday, and honestly, yesterday.

Today I did sleep in, but then decided to rearrange the furniture in my home office since I will be spending so much more time in there. My desk is pretty big but also had a huge hutch top on it and that meant that the computer flat screen could only go in one place and that didn't leave much room for writing. I moved the hutch top off, moved the desk closer to the window, moved the double file drawer chest away from the window and next to the desk, so now the printer can sit there instead of on the desk. My cats are not happy with the changes -- they freak out anytime anything changes. But I am ready for tomorrow....

The plan while I am off is to go to Curves each morning (between 7 & 7:30 am) and then continue with a few more exercises when I get home and some treadmill time, jump in the shower and be ready to 'work' by 9:30 am.

I also had some help reminding me of how my band works from my dentist -- I had a tissue graft to replace receding gum tissue -- don't read during lunch Terri -- they take it from the roof of your mouth. So I have been sticking with liquids and mushies since Tuesday. I have not been hungry at all and came to realize that I was eating because 'it was time' not because I was hungry. I have lost 7 pounds even with starting my TOM yesterday. If I can remember to eat when hungry and eat smaller amounts, I think I can get back to where I need to be. The exercise shouldn't hurt either.

Sorry this is so long, but y'all share so much of yourselves with me -- I wanted to share a little with you.

Kat -- please don't kill OB Guy...he's not worth it. I'll send moving vibes his way.

Michelle -- guess it was the day to clean today. You, your bedroom; me, the office

Have a great weekend!!

Hi everyone!

Just got back from the park with macy. It was nice to get out of the house and go play with her.

Have a great evening everyone...

suzyt OOOOWWWWW when I read about the tissue from the roof of your mouth!!!

If anyone here watches DWTS my new favorite saying comes from the cowboy bull rider. He said 'You are never ready to ride the bull, it just is your turn'!!!

Wow -- where was everyone today? Out having fun, I hope!

Phew -- got the bedroom done... well, the part I un-did this morning, anyway... will work on the other half as time allows... ha ha ha ha ha... that's a funny thought...

I walked @ the park w/2 friends who walk WAY faster than me -- in fact, 1 jogged! :laugh: -- & I got all sweaty, but it was all good. Eating was right on today, too. :crying:

I'm thinking about taking a lounging bubble bath this eve... haven't done that in AGES...

Sweet dreams, everyone! See you all tomorrow!

Hey,

Ended up having Abagail all day long. We had a good time but I didn't get to do some of the stuff I was hoping to get done. Oh well. Such is life.

I did have a pretty good eating day. Except for the half a bowl of popcorn. Oooppps.

Have a great evening.

Hello, been a pretty uneventful day here. Lots of stuff on my plate tomorrow. Might not be able to check in til after dinner. If that is true everyone have a good week!!!

Hey Girls~

What an outstanding weekend! I need one more day though just to get over the weekend!

We had a great day yesterday at the tennis...then the party! 2 vodka/crans after all day in the sun and I SLEPT LIKE A BABY! I looked sooo cute too because we had some good sun yesterday and I wore this orange top. I got great pic too which I will post soon. I need to get some pix off the camera before I sync cam to puter. Was gooing to go today but was stormy and yucky.

Anyway, today we woke and watched our show Sunday Morning and I thought of you Michelle! Was a lazy day here but was just sooo great to be w/ Sus and chill. I didn't have any diss work or Walden...loved that!

We are still on the fence w/ Alaska. 5k each is A LOT OF $ and we have had many a heated discussion about it. SSSOOOO we are still in talks. Our friend Charles is a travel agent and said it could do it for half that cost. I am just TOO busy to worry about it. Want to pay and go. Soooo we will see. We need to have this settled on by this week.

Other than that, I have been working on my grad party. It is May 30th if anyone wants to come. Details to follow...which has been another sore point w/ us. I was going to do a banquet thing...but that was $23 each. I was thinking of close to 100 people, but for that price...FORGET IT! So...we are still working on this too! Too much to do/think about.

I LOVED BIG LOVE TONIGHT! Sad it is over until next year...but what a great show!

What else is going on? Busy week ahead. Not much else to say now. Have a great night!

oxxoxo

Can one of you pop over to this recipe post and see if the link in it works for you? We just had the most wonderful tortilla Soup tonight! Thought I'd share the recipe with you all.

It was a beautiful day here today and I spent quite a bit of it outdoors. I even went to Starbucks and just sat on the patio reading my book for 2 hours ...that was nice. Other than that just cooked, did laundry and played with my doggie :crying:

I didn't do nearly so well with my March budget as I did with February, but overspent on groceries and the new small kitchen appliances which I've enjoyed immensely. And my pantry is well stocked! So it's not like I went out and bought a bunch of new clothes or something! Right?

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. Where did the weekend go??

Edited by TerriDoodle

Waaahhhhh Big Love is over for the season. Good show, eh Pammy?? Nikki almost made me feel sorry for her. She cried good! And what was that rant Barb went on about renting a womb?? Sometimes stuff just comes out of left field on that show! LOL

Can one of you pop over to this recipe post and see if the link in it works for you? We just had the most wonderful tortilla Soup tonight! Thought I'd share the recipe with you all.

quote]

Link didn't work for me. Said there was an error printing.