Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Another one of them days. I can't wait till the economy straightens up and people are more pleasant.

They are so crappy to me, and I want to shoot back "You don't pay your bills, and when you don't pay, I don't get paid.. and I got a kid on the way, so how bout you worry about rushing your payment!!!"

Heh!!!!!

Can't wait for my lil' mini vacation tomorrow. Going to find out if the spa is able to do pregnancy massages and get me one!

Russ is staying home and having his brother come visit.

Eating my lunch, grilled chicken salad from Cracker Barrell.

That chicken recipe ya'll are talking about, haven't cared to make it because I've had artichoke hearts out of a can and thought they were gross. Are these artichokes better in a recipe or something?

Lunch time!! Yum yum yum!! I just made a single-serving of Terri's chicken/artichoke/parm recipe using rotisserie chix and it is AMAZING!!! I could eat this all day, every day!! Num num num!! Thanks for posting it, Terri!!
Oh, that's a great idea!! Isn't it nummiful??
Another one of them days. I can't wait till the economy straightens up and people are more pleasant.

They are so crappy to me, and I want to shoot back "You don't pay your bills, and when you don't pay, I don't get paid.. and I got a kid on the way, so how bout you worry about rushing your payment!!!"

Heh!!!!!

Can't wait for my lil' mini vacation tomorrow. Going to find out if the spa is able to do pregnancy massages and get me one!

Russ is staying home and having his brother come visit.

Eating my lunch, grilled chicken salad from Cracker Barrell.

That chicken recipe ya'll are talking about, haven't cared to make it because I've had artichoke hearts out of a can and thought they were gross. Are these artichokes better in a recipe or something?

Laura - Why is everyone being mean to YOU? 'Cause you are asking for payment? Re: artichokes... I don't care for the canned ones either, that's why in this recipe I use the marinated ones in a jar. Yes, they are much, much better! Try it -- between you and Russ one of you will devour it.

Oil's up $3 today. Dollar's down. Hold on to your britches!

Hey, Michelle -- don't you think that would be nummy on fish, too?? I wanna try it.

No, because some reason customers are irrational the past 2 weeks-ish. I don't know what is going on. They want an order--rushed--for free--and when it's rushed (say 3 day turn instead of normally 7) and we get all of it out except 1 job, which is turned in 4 days (still 3 days early) they expect us to pay $500 to overnight a $200 job. For being late. Even though we're not. Then they go on and on about how, even though we're 99% able to get rushes out in the timeline they need, and we don't charge for it.. this one time one piece of an order is 1 day latER (but not late!!!) they think we should pay all kinds of stuff. Meanwhile--while we are rushing these jobs-- our collections is trying to get payment from them for jobs 120 days ago, when they are on Net 30 terms!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a famous trend right now. I think it's because everyone is trying to rush jobs through before we cut them off (with credit, which we have had to do a lot lately). I get to hear that end too.. "We're a good customer, how could you cut us off".. well, you have 100k on the books and no effort to pay and you're 90 days past your terms.. what do you think???

Hey All,

I drove over to my sisters and fed her cat and picked up a few things for her. Than drove over to Kansas for my Doctor's appointment. Lost 1 pound since I saw him 2 weeks ago. :) On the way home my Aunt called to tell me that a cousin had passed away, so I called another cousin and got a ride to the wake tomorrow night. So I go to K-Mart and shop for a little while. Go to KFC and get lunch and take it over to the hospital and had lunch with my sister and my nephew. Now I'm home and resting for about an hour till I go into work. Phew.

Terry, yesterday I needed ot get gas and was to tired to do it. This morning gas had gone up 10 cents. :)

I've never tried Artichokes, so I have no opinion on the subject.:tt2:

Yeah, just plain canned artichoke hearts are n-a-s-t-y... but the ones that are marinated are wonderful... I put them into Pasta salads or even just on regular salads to give them a "greek" flair. I'm not a big fish eater, but yeah, I bet it'd be good on fish.

I just got back from doing the weight circuit @ the Y... my arms are all wibbily wobbily now. I am proud of myself for doing well w/eating & exercising this week... why can't I be this self-possessed ALL the time?... Why can't THIS be my norm and the eating badly/not exercising be the exception?? Well... maybe someday it will be!

Our family has a "date" tonight to go out for Chinese food w/our friends (the ones w/the dd in the treatment center in UT -- she's home this week for a visit & wants to see us)... so I keep telling myself that I can order hot & sour Soup & tea & that's it! If I want anything else, I'll just nibble a few bites of chicken & veggies off someone else's plate! That's my plan!!

Make it a great night, Vi's!

Canned artichokes are definitely yuck, but the ones in the jar are pretty good and even great in a good recipe. I also love asparagus in just about every form . . . but canned is simply awful.

Actually there are few items that I can eat canned, but some veggies were not intended to be in a can . . . like artichokes.

I like capers, artichokes and mushrooms together in sauces with chicken or Pasta. My pregnancy cravings have been in the line of marinated items like mushrooms, feta, olives, artichokes, etc.

Laura, thanks for sharing your belly picture :0). You are definitely looking preggers but are not very big for 34 weeks. You look pretty darn good for being pratically at the end of pregnancy.

You are right about the pannus thing. I have almost no pannus, but I thought what little bit I have would dissapear during pregnancy because my belly would fill out the excess skin . . . It doesn't work that way. It just stays poochy at the bottom, lol. I also had a little pooch near my port and I still have a little pooch.

I am definitely going to have to try the parmesan chicken recipe, it sounds wonderful.

I live in the state of Ohio. As far as I know, I think all of the Vi's are pretty far away (but always near to my heart).

Kat, I am happy that your company has been given notice for your own peace of mind. I am surprised he didn't offer to do the house-sitting so you wouldn't have to worry about a third party coming over. How soon are you going away?

I am getting jealous of all of the "boot camp" talk. I really can't wait to get back into the swing of exercise. I always feel like a million bucks when I am staying on top of it.

I cant wait for pregnancy to be finished so I can a) see my new baby, :tt2: get a flippin fill as soon as possible, c) get to exercising regularly again.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone!!!

Good afternoon, Violets.

We're back from Kris's and my Grady fix. He's doing well, and Kris is doing better today. Nathan took care of him last night so Kris could get some sleep. She figured she only had about 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour time period and that's why she was feeling the way she was. She's pumped milk and Nathan gave Grady a bottle last night and that helped. Grady also has a little conjunctivitis so that's why he was so cranky. He was really good while I was there and I got to hold him and give him special Gramma lovin. Ethan was really good there too. He played with Uncle Nathan and colored and jumped in Uncle Nantan's giant bean bag chair. He's laying on the couch now while we wait for Mom to come and pick him up. Then I'm taking the bike out for a trip around the neighborhood. It's 27 degrees out, but the sun is shining and as long as I wear gloves I should be ok.

I love marinated artichoke hearts and the chicken recipe was very, very good. We're having italian sausage patties with sweet potato fries for supper tonight. We had Subway sandwiches for lunch. First one I've had since being banded. I was able to slowly eat 1/2 of a 6" tuna sub with the works. It was really good, but not something I would get often. Chewing the bread really good so it went down was too much work for me.. lol

The Bobster has left to go talk to the pastor. I'm so curious to know what it's about.

I'll check back in later after my trike ride!!

I'll have to try the recipe then NOT using canned artichokes.

Heather, the pannus gets worse! Seriously, when I have to hobble to the bathroom at night (I sleep nekkie) it's going *SMACK* *SMACK* the whole way there & back. Just jiggling at the bottom. Hah hah.

Yes, I can't wait to meet Carson and get back in the game. I keep thinking about my diet pills that gave me energy and kept me from being hungry.. I miss em. I miss being tight and not being able to eat much.. wah.

I'm curious, too, Judy! Do tell once you get the 411!

Laura... that description was too funny! I laughed out loud & ds wanted to know what was so funny! I told him it was a girl thing. But the visual (& audio!) is a hoot!

Dang.. nothing to tell. First time in 40 years he said he coudn't say what it was about. I thought it would be the pastor saying he felt it was time to leave, but no luck. :tt2: Something about a member of the church that could hurt the church, but that's it. No other information can be dragged out of him.

Off to my meeting... catch ya later!

Maybe it is YOU Judy!!! Maybe the pastor thinks if you leave you will take the congregation with you....

That would be a hard thing, and I know that you knew it might happen, same as being married to a lawyer or a Dr. that they have professional secrets!

But with my personality, it would KILL me!

I went nuts til Rick could come home and tell me about his jury case!!! Which he got paid for today $64.00 . And it was NOT on his check, and he coded it in as jury duty, so I guess the company is no longer paying while you do your civic duty. So that was a bust in the paycheck, he usually makes a bit more than $60 for 3/4 of a days work. He went on in and worked for 5 hours on a problem they had that day. So I realllly had to wait to hear.

Judy try to make him talk in his sleep!!! No I know better, but it would seriously be hard for me!

I do not find it hard to keep a secret at all, but to have one kept from me, even in the form of a wrapped gift is just killer!

XOXOX

Good evening, Violets..

I'm back from my meeting and still no more info from the Bobster. At least I know it's not about me. But sheeeeesh, I wish I could get some more info out of him. And NO, I'm not going to be mean and withhold....(Michelle close your eyes).. everyone else can use their imagination.

Off to bed in a little bit. We have a pantry to assemble tomorrow before Ethan arrives at noon. We're going to try the seafood buffet at a local restaurant tomorrow night. They bill us for a child's buffet when we show them our lapband card. Everyone have a good night. sleep well.

Wow Judy, I didn't know withholding from your partner could happen! That would make me nuts wanting to find out even more LOL.

I am packing for the trip.. The excruciating back pain is definitely better, there's still a kink..best way to describe it, if you slept on your neck or whatever wrong and you get a crick that lasts for a day, and you can't turn that way, etc. I have that in my hips.. except it keeps me from being able to lift my legs.. if I try they instantly jerk back. So I walk straight legged, which makes me hobble of course, but today I feel the effects on my muscles. OOOF. Man I want Advil sooo bad. I feel like I have charlie horses from my thighs down to my ankles. Even if I touch my leg, it hurts.. they're bruised so bad. I sat on the bed and trying to turn to get up made my legs jerk down (like the crick).

I took a pain pill about 30 minutes ago, it's taking the edge off the muscle cramping. I made lunch for Russ tomorrow for work (his low-carb routine.. low carb wrap sandwhich, pepperoni & cheese bites, and a sugar free jello). I also made him berries & cream for dessert tonight.

I have a funny/gross/sad story to tell, those of you who have been pregnant can laugh at it.. those who aren't will probably just find it gross.. actually you may all find it gross, but there's no one IRL I can tell *Russ included* and I had to tell someone. Last night I was in bed, and we were doing some fun stuff.. anyway, he goes to get a snack, and I realize.. I peed myself!! Not just a little, oh no.. it's like a frickin river opened up. I didn't even FEEL it. I was worried my Water broke honestly. I was googling how to tell if your water breaks. I concluded it was just pee. But it made a 15" diameter circle, I had to put towels down since I didn't want to explain why I needed to change the sheets.. so I got to do that today even though I just put these on 2 nights ago.. ahem. So between my pannus smacks and inexplicable bed wetting.. I'm just sexy as they come. :tongue_smilie:

I may log in tomorrow morning before I go, but if I don't.. I'll miss my V's this weekend, hope you all have fun & get some relaxing in!

Oh and you have convinced me, when I get back in town I am buying the ingredients to make the chicken recipe!!