Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Forgive me for tooting my own horn (couldn't find a smilie that showed that, so I'll change it to:) Forgive me for banging my own drums, :w00t: but...

Yay me for exercising 2 days in a row!! Today I did the weight circuit @ the Y! AND I am eating properly (so far! lol!) too!

Baby steps!

Great start...!!:lunch:

I went to buy my new bike today, but the store was closed. We called the owner and he will be there tomorrow at noon, so I hope to get the bike then. I was hoping I could go biking today with the new bike, but ain't gonna happen.

We're off to dinner with friends. Will check in later tonight.

Thoughts are with you ((Suzie!!))

Woohoo Michelle, you deserve to toot your own horn. It only gets easier the more you tough it out! (supposedly)

I was stupid to think this week would be any better with customers. Argh.

Home from taking brother to the tax guy, in for another X ray and taking my Mom shopping. Now Kinsey is watching the bugs we caught!!

She has been hysterical over bugs. This time of year (Spring---LOVE it) there are tons of what I believe to be box elder bugs--ever since I was a kid we referred to them as doodle bugs. Winged little black bugs with an orange zig zag like thing across their back. They do nothing. They do not hurt our trees, nor do they bite, but she freaks out ( I am talking running blindly while screaming bloody murder) when one gets close. Her sandbox is next to the fence and has them close by, the swing set is under a tree, they are around. So we bought her a bug kit. A net to catch them, and a screen house to hold them with a magnifying end on it so she can watch them and see that they are not going to hurt her. She was highly impressed that Granny caught bugs!!!

So now we have a house with half a dozen doodle bugs on the coffee table to watch. De sensitive her maybe.....have no idea how to handle it!

Well, I have gotten nothing done around here, I left quietly and quickly this morning, before he even knew I was up!!! So now I have all my morning work to do!!!

Take care girls.

Suzanne, my thoughts are with you, and I hope your sisters know how lucky they both are to have someone to take care of them.

Grady looks so cozy....wish I could snuggle my new grandson, they are about the same size, Corvin is over 11 pounds now....I fluctuate from being saddened to being maddened by them......

Hugs girls---bbl

Terry that post was so funny!! I never thought about lunch.

Yea Michelle!! Bang those drums!!!

Slow day at work today. Very slow!!

Hope all is well with every and hugs and prayers to Suzie and her sisters!!

Good evening, Violets..

I better type quickly cause it looks like the site is having problems again judging by the emails I just read.

I'm back from dinner with friends. The pasties were wonderful and I ended up eating a whole one.. about 2 cups worth, with a few green Beans and a few spoonfuls of cole slaw. Dessert was ice cream with hot fudge and candied walnuts. Welllllll I took a few bites of the ice cream and the nuts and had to run to the bathroom. Up came the dessert. Guess my band was trying to tell me something!!

I'm going to watch Law and Order SVU and then hit the hot tub and bed.

Everyone have a good night.. sleep well.

Stopping by real quick to say Hi before head off to work.

Both Sisters are doing fine. One still in the hospital, will be for a few more days. Other is home here taking it easy on her leg.

I'm just trying to keep my head on straight and not eat like a maniac. Stress and being tired causes you to make NOT good choices but I'm trying real hard to be good. I carry a bottle of Water with me at all times. That helps.

Thank You so much for all your thoughts and prayers. They are truly appreciated.

Love and Hugs to all of you. I'll check in later today.

Good morning, Violets..

Busy day today. Ethan comes in a few minutes, Kris has a doctor's appointment and needs help lifting Grady, then I have a rehearsal from 2-4 for flutes and then we play at the Senior Citizen's apartment from 4-4:45, then back to church for choir at 5:30 and dinner out afterwards. My day is definitely planned!!

Suzie.. glad to hear your sisters are doing well. Take care of yourself too!

Sure is different when our "regulars", don't post in here anymore or at least not very often. sighhhhhhh

Off to start the day. Everyone make it a good one.

Way to GO MICHELLE!!

Judy-ice cream? Are you trying to be like me? :thumbup: lol

Suzie-glad to hear that things are better!

Kat-thanks for the e-mail last night.

Today we are going to the livestock show in Houston. Never been and I am sure macy will enjoy it.

I have been eating well for the past few days but I am still not ready to get on the scales. I know I am doing what I should be doing so I will just keep on keepin' on and when I am mentally ready for the scales, I will do it. If it came off as fast as I put it on I would not hesitate to jump on them, but... *sigh*

DH starts his days off today and that is always a challenge for me in the food dept. I just have to keep telling myself that success taste better than ice cream :lol:

It is 8 AM and dd is still sleeping? I need to go see if she is O.K.

Have a great day ladies! Respect the pouch....RESPECT IT!

Good Weds. Morn, Darlings~~

Suzie... hugs to you & purple power for all you do... be sure to treat yourself extra gently, too!!

Judy... I made your corned beef recipe & it was a big hit! Just adding in the mustard (I used spicy brown) & the brown sugar made it yummier. We consumed the whole thing -- & it was more than 4lbs to start!! :lol:

TracyK... Hang in there, girlie. I know what you mean about the wt... why is it that it goes on so quickly but comes off soooooo slooooowly? Why aren't our top scientific minds hard at work on solving this problem??

Day 3 for me... I am motivated... & for me, that is more than 1/2 the battle!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Oh, btw, I still haven't heard back from the flouro-fill scheduler... we're playing phone tag... sigh... this is what I thought would happen...

Too bad for her that I am PERSISTENT!! :lol:

"Sure is different when our "regulars", don't post in here anymore or at least not very often."

I guess not everyone eats those Fiber One Pop-Tarts like you do to keep "regular", Judy! :thumbup:

(Just trying to keep the mood light in here!! :lol:)

Morning Girlies~

I agree Judy...seems weird!

Susie~ take care of yourself!xoox

TracyK~ I love you sista! Thank you for the email and I am sorry I didn't respond personally but I am proud of you...you are beautiful and fantastic and this has nothing to do w/ your weight.

I have not done the weight loss thing well, but I think we all need to remember that the number on the scale DOES NOT MAKE US THE WOMEN WE ARE. We all have far more value than some stupid number. So you lose some, gain some...shit happens. But enjoy life, your families (Frank's days off), your health, and all the gifts God has granted all of us! Plus, how lucky are we all to have our Violets? (taking my fat ass off the soap box now)

Just got home from the gym! I am sooo proud of myself...I did 30 full min of cardio...on the bike, not the treadmill!!! NEVER have I done that. Before Jan. I would do 2 miles. The last couple months, I would do 4 miles, and today I decided to raise the bar. 6 miles in 30 min!!! I was sweating like a pig...but now I've showered and feel great! Gonna be a great day!

Love you girlies...pop in from work!

xoxoxoxo

by the way...

ya'll go check out my myspace page (there could be a pic of YOU on there, haha) and look at the very bottom on the left and there is a video of macy on that bungee swing ... pretty cute.

Tracy | MySpace.com

oh, and do not let the pic of the mocha java chiller & tiramisu scare you away :lol: