Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Well, I did manage to go back to sleep in my chair for about 45 minutes. I'm still a cranky ol' B. I told hubby I was just going to have to stay that way. I'm not taking a nap now. I'm just going into work at the hospital with this bad mood and headache and when I get home I'll take a muscle relaxer and sleep all night long. Somehow I'll break this pattern. We actually have a air filter machine that is very noisy in our room. I can't sleep with out it. Even when we go on vacation we have a fan we take with us. No radio or tv for us. No tv even in our bedroom. Married 26 years and have never had a tv in our room.

I was at Wal-mart this morning and I walked pass an aisle that they were putting pool stuff out in. Judy, I bought 3 floating chairs. I am so ready for summer. Guess I'll need to get my bathing suit out and see if it still fits. May have to get a new smaller one. I love that. So cool.

I hope they have chili in the cafeteria tonight. It's so cold here today.

Happy Birthday Jenn. Make it a good one.

Here's a pic from my Reboot class.

post-214709-13813138219026_thumb.jpg

hi gals

just a quick check in, just got out of a meeting and going for a walk in a min.

thanks for the birthday wishes...

we just ordered pizza and wings for dinner... should i say that is now going to be 5lbs tomorrow morning? oh well, i'll drink 10 gallons of warm lemon Water to flush it away, only comes once a year

ttyl

Getting ready to head into work at the hospital. We had to trade wednesdays for thursdays since I go to reboot on wednesdays. Just need to finish up some laundry before I go.

This morning I went to the grocery store to pick up our prescriptions from the pharmacy. So I pick up some groceries while I'm there. $88.00's worth. Get home and guess who forgot to pick up the meds. Dang, I hate when I do that. Now we have to stop on our way to the hospital.

I cetainly hope I get some sleep tonight.

Judy, I'm so ready to turn the heater on and get this pool thing going. Someone asked me the other day when we were going to open it up. I'm think by the end of April and they told me they don't open theirs till June :w00t:. If it was heated right now I would be out in it. Just joking.

Suzie.. my pool is still under about 6 inches of snow on the cover. I hope to get into it the end of April. It's 18 degrees here right now. Not quite swimming weather. I haven't even been in the hot tub much this winter. There was either too much snow or it was too darn cold!

Subject: Higher Education in America

SCHOOL TEACHERS, I BET YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD HEARD AND SEEN IT ALL!

How would you pronounce this child's name?? Le-a

Leah?? No!

Lee - A?? No!

Lay - a?? No!

Lei?? Guess again.

It's pronounced "Ledasha." Oh yes, you read it right.

The child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate

because everyone is getting her name wrong. When the mother was asked

about

the pronunciation of the name, she said, "The dash don't be silent."

Good evening, Violets..

Ethan left at 4 and I laid down for an hour long nap. I was one pooped Gramma.

I fixed beef short ribs in the crockpot with a couple of potatoes and some baby carrots. The meat was from Schwans and was super tasty, but didn't go down well. I PB'd and Bob could only eat one little piece. We ate the potato and carrots and called it a meal. I put the rest in the fridge and we'll try it again tomorrow for lunch.

Kat.. I talked to Kris today and she said she feels like a cow.. all she does is get milked all day. She also said she thinks she has a dog instead of a baby. All he does is eat, sleep and poop. I welcomed her to the realities of motherhood.:w00t:

PamELa.. I saw that email awhile back. Cute!

Nothing planned for this evening except for watching CSI. I got all my laundry done today and the house is in pretty good shape even after Ethan was here all day.

Everyone have a good evening. I'll check in later on the laptop while I'm watching tv.

Hello Violets!!

Laura -- have you tried to look at the maternity shirts at Target? Maybe even Target online??

Kat -- here's hoping the hives didn't hear (I'm whispering). Hope Rick's friend straightens up soon -- walking in someone's house uninvited?? Was he raised in a barn?

Haydee -- don't let them get to you -- think Bloody Mary.... It's almost Saturday!!

I'm getting a little frustrated with my band. In December I could only eat small amounts, now I am back to being able to eat pizza. And I don't physically feel hungry, but I am eating everything in sight. Give me a swift kick in the rear!!

Here's to a great Friday...

KAT!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS WHY I CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been blaming my sugar cravings on the no Iron thing, now I have a new one!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ya'll.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!! I LOVE YOU!! XOXOX

Pamela - I just checked airfares again today. I keep WAITING for them to go down but they really haven't moved a bit in all the time I've been checking...odd, huh? I just had to pay $600 to get my car out of the shop so I'll have to wait 'til next month probably. I just wish they'd drop about $75 or so...that'd be nice.

I went to the doctor last Friday for my annual check-up and came back with a perfectly clean bill of health. Squeaked by another year...whew! Gotta go for a sleep study though, I think I have apnea. And have to go for a baseline colonoscopy. UGH!! Oh yeah, and a mammogram and some kind of carotid artery scan. So I guess I'm not out of the woods yet, but I was sweatin' that cholesterol screen.

My BP is awesome as usual...110/70. :thumbup:

Haydee - sorry the weather is so crappy :w00t: I hope your brides get lucky! I was checking Accuweather forecast. I just checked WeatherUnderground and it says tomorrow is a 90% chance of rain with a high of 49! YUCK! The ground is sure gonna be spongy after raining all day today, too. That sucks! We haven't had any decent rain for months and now it has to rain all weekend :thumbup: You are gonna have some cranky brides!

Kat - if the service companies would come down off their $100/bbl price structure it sure would help matters! They're living in the land of denial! Can't make the holes economically feasible so we gotta lay the rigs down. I guess they'll figure it out when they have some huge losses in the next couple of quarters. Yep, things are cooling off in the oil patch...big time. Layoffs are coming in our company with a couple of months, I'm sure. Maybe we'll go stand in line at the bailout window at the White House.

BTW, they're doing lots of frac'ing in the NE... horizontal wells in Pennsylvania of all places. Very hot spot now. Feel like movin'?

I'm so sleepy!!! 8:10...is it too early to go to bed?

Oh, I made this last night and it was FABULOUS!!! LOW CARB, TOO! I posted it in the recipe thread.

Artichoke & Parmesan Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

3/4 C. mayonnaise

3/4 C. grated parmesan cheese

1 large jar (15oz or so) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped

(I also added a couple spoonfuls of capers)

salt

pepper

garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish which has been greased or sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, papper and a little bit of garlic powder. Mix together the chopped artichoke hearts, parmesan and Mayonnaise, then spread evenly on top of the chicken breasts. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Topping should be golden brown.

Edited by TerriDoodle

Good morning ladies! Here is to day 3 of eating the bandster way :thumbup: :thumbup: I will probably wait until Sunday or Monday to weigh. Depends on when Aunt Flow is completely gone.

Today my sister is coming to get Macy. She has been looking forward to this weekend for the past month because they are going to a festival that has rides & stuff....and as Terry said....RAIN...COLD. This sucks. Why does the drought have to end now of all times? Macy is out of school on spring break after today. Hopefully she will be able to have some nice weather during her time off from school!

I went to the thrift store yesterday and picked up macy some big oversized t-shirts for nightgowns. Pajamas are so expensive! I refuse to pay twenty bucks for a long shirt for her to sleep in just because it has Dora or Hannah Montana on it! I found her some really soft big shirts and she was in heaven when she put them on :blushing: My girl is easy to please...for the moment anyway.

I have been awake since about 4 tossing and turning and by 5 I just gave up and came in the LR and got on the laptop. I sure have enjoyed this quiet time this morning. Maybe I should get up this early more often!

Have a great day violets! Respect the pouch...RESPECT IT!