Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I love Facebook. I have reconnected with about 8 people I went to school with. We are having a blast chatting with each other and calling each other. I miss all them so much.

Hey girls~

The tattoo is done! The purple violets are sooooo pretty...the green is rich and make the purple pop...the pink is great! These are my favorite colors...I love it! Even Susanne, who hated it at first and was not happy, thinks it is cute! Can't wait to show my violets to my violets!

TracyK~ Words can not express how truly sad i am that you and tracy will not be there. It will NOT be the same...I love you both so much...we will all miss you!

Susie~ You are such a doll! 400 crunches! My port has been giving me soooo much trouble when I do crunches...serious cramping around the port! Good for you!

Have a good night!

xoxoxoxo

I just joined Twitter last weekend. Actually, I like Facebook soooo much more. I am soooo enjoying reconnecting w/ everyone too...and jus keeping tabs on daily friends! Twitter it TOO much of an up-to-minute bother.

Morning gals

i gained 2 lbs and it is bloat, i felt my fingers swelling last night WTF,

I have a big weekend planned but doing the 5 day on Monday.

drinking my coffee, have to work late so i'm a little laxed this morning

hope you all have a good day, i'm sure i'll be checking in from work. I try to get on there and at least read post, sometimes i can't auto log on from there so i just read and shut down

have a great day

Morning. Not a good one here.

For about the last week I have had the worst troubles with my sleeping pattern. I don't have a problem getting to bed or falling asleep. It's when I wake up several hours later to go to the bathroom that the troubles start. I crawl back into bed and instanly my mind goes in to over load. Nothing in particular. It can be anything from thinking about what I have to do that day or what I had done that day or remembering seeing something or something I had read or even a song going thru my head. It's just that I will lay there for at least a good hour with all kinds of crap running wild in my mind. I usually turn the light on and read for a little bit till I'm exhausted again and I can go back to sleep. But I have just wasted about 2 hours. So last night, same thing. I go to sleep around 10pm, wake up at 3am to potty. Get back in bed and the mind is wild. I turn the light on grab my book and read till 4:30. I can't hardly keep my eyes open when I turn the light off and just begin to doze off when Hubby starts rubbing my back and says hey, I saw the light on and was just checking on you. OH &*^%ING GREAT. Now I'm wide awake again. So it's up and out of bed, feed the cats, fix my hot cocoa and turn the tv on. I have headache and I'm irratable. GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Watch out everyone.

I don't know what is causing this to happen and I hope I out grow it soon. I'm pooped.

So excuse my bad mood for the rest of the day. Hopefully I get a chance to take a nap before we have to go work to at the hospital tonight.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning ladies~

Day one of eating right is complete. And like I promised....not one cookie or bad ice cream.

I know that once it starts coming off I will get remotivated. Last night I had a good cry fest and now I am moving on. I was just so mad & disappointed in myself but now is time for action.

I will miss you all very much too...you just don't know.

Love you all & have a great day & respect the pouch!

Good Thurs Morn, Vi's~~

Nothing much to report... will be a regular work day here today... I hope that the flouro-fill scheduler calls today w/a time for TOMORROW... I need it & I need it BAD! Seriously, being able to eat only a few bites or sip some Soup sounds like heaven to me...

Make it a good one, girlies!

Pam... what did your final diss date end up being?

Good Morning, Violets..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENN!!:thumbup:

Ethan is here and he wants Gramma to read to him, so I don't have time to post a lot. Suzie, I have the exact same sleeping pattern you do!

Everyone have a great day. Will check back later!

Happy Birthday Jenn!!!!

Morning girls~

Michelle I defend my diss on April 15th @ 11am!!! I got my final form 3 signed yesterday...so I'll call the school and see what is my next step.

Susie, most women do this. Going to bed is tough for MANY women...our minds wont shut off. Everything from what am I wearing tomorrow to big problems. I can NOT fall asleep w/o TV. I set it for 30 min, and MAKE MYSELF listen to the TV. My mind will start to wander, but I lay there, close my eyes, and focus on what the TV is saying...lol! It works, and may also for you in the middle of the night!

Don't wanna work today. My tattoo is sore, and it was a bitch to wash my hair. Oh well...I am BLESSED to have a job, so I won't complain.

OK...have a good day!

I can NOT fall asleep w/o TV. I set it for 30 min, and MAKE MYSELF listen to the TV. My mind will start to wander, but I lay there, close my eyes, and focus on what the TV is saying...lol!

This is me EXACTLY!! It drives dh crazy, he doesn't understand at all, but I have to be able to listen to something else so I can drown out the sound of my own thoughts bouncing around in my head!

Last night I woke up @ 2:30am and it took ages to get back to sleep... between the high winds (& worry of more trees falling), dh snoring, Mo sleeping on my head, etc., I was a mess. Bleh. For me, it usually goes in cycles or when I especially stressed about something...

I am the same way, if the TV isn't on I will never sleep because of all the thoughts in my head. But it can't be too loud and I'm very picky; infomercials wake me up, scary/thriller/suspense music wakes me up; someone getting too excited (which goes back to infomercials) wakes me up. I have to have it on a comedy or a judge show, very quiet.

Russell says he can't sleep with the tv on, it makes him think--funny how different our brains work!!! He likes falling asleep to music; but if we listen to music, if I know the song I end up singing along (in my head at least) and then not falling asleep.

Hope ya'll make it a good Thursday!

Happy birthday Jennifer!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone finds peace with themselves. It is a hard road we are on!! Weight loss sucks!! I saw an article about losing weight with BRAIN SURGERY? It was an actual portion on nightliine Monday night. It was amazing!!! I just typed in nightline in my search box then went to Monday night the 9th for the show segment. Gosh I can only imagine what Oprah would say about that!!! I have gained all my weight plus some since being banded. I just don't think that the band did what I thought it would.

I am rambling. Sorry!!

Jane

I am the same way, if the TV isn't on I will never sleep because of all the thoughts in my head. But it can't be too loud and I'm very picky; infomercials wake me up, scary/thriller/suspense music wakes me up; someone getting too excited (which goes back to infomercials) wakes me up. I have to have it on a comedy or a judge show, very quiet.

Russell says he can't sleep with the tv on, it makes him think--funny how different our brains work!!! He likes falling asleep to music; but if we listen to music, if I know the song I end up singing along (in my head at least) and then not falling asleep.

Hope ya'll make it a good Thursday!

HAHA...this is totally me! If I even half way know the song...I will sing it in my head too! I LOVE our sleep timer in bed...because in 30 min, the room is dark and quiet...and we are both snoring away, lol! Women are cerebral...we are thinkers. Men are physical and they are doers. Now, women are TOTALLY doers too...but we've thought about what we need to do first! HAHA Good discussion!

Off topic...when is everyone else buying their tix to AL. I know I am in the wrong thread but I am here and just wanted to know.

, Women are cerebral...we are thinkers.

Off topic...when is everyone else buying their tix to AL. I know I am in the wrong thread but I am here and just wanted to know.

After I get done THINKING about it, I'm getting my ticket this month!

I am of both sleep categories.....hmmmmm does that make me bi-sleepual???? I want dark and quiet! Rick likes the TV on!!! Now if he is gone, I want the TV on-------go figure. I am good once I can get to sleep, getting there is hard for me.

Jane, I did not get to watch the program you mentioned, but have a question for you about it.

Apparantly there is something they are figuring out how to operate on in the brain to help with weight loss?

My question to you is, if that is true, do you think your brain surgery might have had the opposite issues, and made it harder in the long run for you?

I would be back to my high weight and higher I know if I lived alone!! I am not a good will power, and answering to myself kind of person!! Knowing if I buy ice cream or have 2nds that someone besides me will know it curbs me. I have total respect for you doing any part of this without anyone watching!!! LOL, I really sound pathetic!!! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!!!! Hope this turns out to be a wonderful year for you!!!

Will be waiting til the trip is much closer, and til we have a better idea of the work situation to buy mine. Our local Conoco Phillips did a big lay off yesterday, as well as Superior and Halliburton. It is happening quickly now. They usually have a big surge here in April, with the weather change, and start the busy season. The economy combined with the new "pit rules" for drilling, are clamping down hard here. There are lots of small independent drilling companies, that still had to use the big ones for frac jobs etc. Which is part of Ricks job, but with the new pit rules, it more than tripled the cost of a small drilling job, so those companies fell like flies, and with them, the jobs they did.

Not looking pretty around here.

I have my Thursday lunch date with my friend Marie today, so I need to get up and around and get some things done. I am making lasagna for dinner, Manda is celebrating the removal of her PIC line. As well as the news of her Kansas friend moving back. So Kinsey and I will be making lasagna this afternoon.

Judy is Grady nursing better?

Pamela, not that you will need any help at all--but maybe tax day will distract things!!!

TracyK-send me some inspiration. I have finally quit gaining, but losing is not happening either.

Sshhhhhhhhh be vewy, vewy, qwiet......my hives are getting much better, maybe the steroids will actually go away!!! Ssshhhhhhhhh.....don't let them hear that!

Hugs