Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

good morning!!

Tracyks have fun in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!

Got so much done yesterday, but my house is a wreck. I have little piles everywhere. Oh well guess I know what I will be doing today. Also need to call the tax person and schedule.

Okay off to another fun day off!!!

Well, I hate to bring this up and maybe it's premature....but can I have a show of hands of those who are skittish about finances and our Alabama trip? Today's market is scary as *%!# and no light at the end of the tunnel for this year. I haven't bought my air ticket, nor do I plan to until much later. If 3-4 of us drop out the trip becomes prohibitively expensive for the rest...especially with $$ being tight all the way 'round.

I'm raising my hand... :party:

Well, I hate to bring this up and maybe it's premature....but can I have a show of hands of those who are skittish about finances and our Alabama trip? Today's market is scary as *%!# and no light at the end of the tunnel for this year. I haven't bought my air ticket, nor do I plan to until much later. If 3-4 of us drop out the trip becomes prohibitively expensive for the rest...especially with $$ being tight all the way 'round.

I'm raising my hand... :party:

I don't have my ticket yet, but will try and get it this month. I plan on being there wherever "there" turns out to be. Can we cancel the house if we need to and try and figure something else out if it becomes necessary????

I already bought my ticket. Wish I hadn't now. I am still in. If the trip is cancelled, then I will redeem the insurance I paid on the trip and cancel.

Is the market tanking again?? I try not to keep up w/all that as all it does is give me ulcers & keeps me from sleeping @ night. I'm happy in my land of denial...

I'm skittish about finances BUT... (and I have a BIG but...)

I've been saving for this trip AND it's pretty much the only thing I'll be doing JUST FOR ME all year so I'm 100% committed to going.

The only way I'd back out is if dh lost his job (not expecting him to, but in today's world, it's always a possibility). Otherwise, I'm there.

(Too funny on the heals of the e-mail I sent today, too, huh? Oh well... like I said, I'm a day dreamer...)

This too is "me" time. If we can't do the house, what's wrong with a hotel with a pool? There are lots listed in Huntsville. The house is beautiful and I'd love to experience that, but the most important part is just being together, right??

Actually, even if dh DID lose his job, I'd probably STILL come because gosh darn it I'd NEED to get away, then!!

Hey! I know a place where there's a house AND a pool for cheap -- in ALPENA, MI!!! :party:

(Do you think the snow'd be gone by then, tho??) (LOL, I'm cracking myself up!)

(Too funny on the heals of the e-mail I sent today, too, huh? Oh well... like I said, I'm a day dreamer...)

Ummmmmm you sent out a healing email today??

BTW... you and I are roomies for this coming trip, right?? It's a good thing both of us are determined to go. We might end up entertaining ourselves and sharing Carson.

I'm just asking WHO is skittish.

Kat's worried about Rick's job -- and has said more than once that she's a "maybe"

TracyinKS has expressed a lot of financial concerns and DH puts a lot of pressure on her....so I consider her a "maybe"

TracyK - she has financial concerns and her hubby is in the oil business -- we haven't felt the pinch yet, but WE WILL!.... I'd say she's a "maybe"

Judy - her income is closely tied to the stock market so I assumed she's very concerned ... but apparently not.

Haydee - ? She seems OK

Pamela - She seems OK

Jane - She can drive and save much of the cost of the trip, so she's probably OK

Jenn - I think she's been saving so she's probably OK, but her job might be shakey - ?

Me - me and DH are both in the oil biz and the writing's on the wall for us. Almost guaranteed one of us will lose our job...maybe both? uh, yeah....that makes me a "maybe"

So you can see that there is reason for concern and another counting of the hands....

Hey! I know a place where there's a house AND a pool for cheap -- in ALPENA, MI!!! :party:

(Do you think the snow'd be gone by then, tho??) (LOL, I'm cracking myself up!)

You forgot the hot tub!! We'll need it cause the snow might not be gone by June. Though I hear the east coast is getting pounded today. It's bright ,sunshiny here today. A whopping 6 degrees too!

Terry... I'm not questioning your asking... it's wise, I'm sure... I'm just saying that yes, I'm skitterish, but also yes that as of this moment, I am committed to going.

Judy... BTW... you and I are roomies for this coming trip, right?? It's a good thing both of us are determined to go. We might end up entertaining ourselves and sharing Carson.

Yep, it's you & me, babe! But I can see thru your "evil" :party: plan... get me liquored up, & then you get the babe all to yourself!! MWAH HA HA!

Yep, it's a Winter Wonderland here today... kinda feels like, oh, i don't know... ALPENA?? :party:

Truth is, the Bobster's income is tied to the market..not mine and with me getting social security this July, I'm not as concerned as I would be if that wasn't coming in. And yep.. I am determined to go.

PamELA.. don't give up on that ticket yet!!

We're sitting here waiting for Kris to stop by after her doctor's appointment. I don't even know what time it is cause I didn't call her today. I'm trying to not be nagging, but it's killing me!!