Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Been to church and got my ashes already. I don't fast because I take medicine that you have to take with food.< /span>

Here is my report for today.

1 slice of toast for breakfast

1 small salad for lunch.< /span>

Doing good. I'm not fasting but I'm eating way less than what I normally do.

Now we are off to go work our shift at the hospital.

Have a great day.

Now yer acting more like my brain fart!!

Awwww, I'm just joshin' w/you!!

(& you said "fart"!! :))

And I'm just joshing w/you so there we are back in the Mind Meld Mode. (M&M's)

Terry...I dunno...I just don't know. I would still have to pay a couple hundred dollars which isn't bad but I also like to get in a car & drive. I get alot of thinking done, ya know? not sure what I am gonna do yet.

TracyK - yep, i see your point. I love love road trips but only on my way there. On my way there i'm in a good mood, singing, chatting but then on my way back I'm usually tired, cranky, ornery and just want to get home. When we do road trips Juan drives all the way back and he tells me to just go to sleep that way I don't bug him with my crankiness... LOL

For the Gruene trip I was going to drive (since I hate hate hate flying), but it was SO long, and it would take 2 additional days to drive (which I couldn't take off), and for such a short trip :/

Russ sent me this, got a kick out of it....

80915_face_it.jpg

Hey girls~

Home again. Took my Mom to the Dr. she is having surgery on her hand next month. She has some sort of issue with the tendons or something in her middle finger, when she bends it....it stays bent, she has to physically pry it back up. It is sooooo painful sounding when she does it, and she catches her breath, so I am sure it is. He said it is a minor surgery, small incision in the hand at the base of her finger. She will be numb from the elbow down, and just heavily medicated with verced and demerol rather than general anesthesia. My Dad went yesterday and he has bronchitis. He feels miserable. Since my Mom doesn't drive except locally, I took her since he couldn't.

I slept terrible last night. Took forever to fall asleep, and then I kept waking up. I am soooooo sleepy right now, I could go for a looooong nap, Not so with Kinsey, she is hyped up!

Not sure yet about me and the trip, hoping things with Rick's job settle down and I can see my way clear without putting a kink in things. If he gets laid off it will put a shut down on most things fun!

I am seriously tired, and my neck aches. I didn't even want to take Kinsey and go riding, I cannot imagine throwing a saddle right now...even thinking of changing into my boots is draining.

Just poured me a small glass of Diet Dr. Pepper, WITH caffeine--------maybe it will jump start me!!

The weather is so wonderful outside! It is mid to high 60's....no coats, shirt sleeves are fine. I am not in the least bit jealous of Judy's snow. Now come summer when we are in the midst of a draught, I very well might wish I had felt differently!

Gotta tell you what happen yesterday afternoon. Rick's friend who is staying out back (in a motor home--while waiting to take possession of his house on 3/1 post divorce) had brought his granddaughter Aubri over...she is 3. He had her swinging in the back yard when we come home. Kinsey saw them and out she run to play.

Pretty soon, Kinsey come in and got some dolls and went back out. I was putting away groceries, and could hear them chattering away, and knew that he was out there with them, so just let them be. Pretty soon he knocked on my kitchen window and told me to come out for a second, and there sitting on the lawn swing were the 2 girls and their Barbies. One little blonde girl on one side, with a black Valentines Day Barbie, and on the other side of the swing, is the cutest little black girl with the Blonde Valentines Day Barbie!!! He said they cracked him up, they did it on their own with no discussion at all! And that is how they played with them. They sent them down the slide, and rode them on the trike.

Then when Manda come to get Kinsey she kinda fussed about going, and then she tells her Mama, she wants hair like Aubries, because they had it all braided up!! Cracked me up!

Well I am off to clean out the fridge, and peel some potatoes....try to get things ready for dinner, when I really just wanna sleep!!!

TracyK---not sure what is on your mind sweetie, but know my thoughts are with you!! (((hugs)))

Kat

Kat

hi gals

lazy night at the gym, just chatted with the trainer for 45 mins to make a plan. she is excited to have me! I gave her my history and weight loss history and she said you have not gained anything back and I said no... just stuck in a horrible rut and have been lazy the last few months.... she knows i'm trainable and is very excited, tomorrow she is going to work me like a dog and show me things i can do at home.

Weight loss group starts tuesday and she teaches it. 25lbs is a great short term goal according to her... she comes from a large family and has had to work hard for her cute body, and her sister just lost 60lbs with her help... so there is hope for me

I'm going to watch matilda with dd and go to bed, we have company at work and i'm now working on a project there, i really nee to sleep

I tried to get on this morning and the site was down. I hate that when that happens.

Nothing new here. Except I am a band failure!! There I said it. The only thing I got from my band are great friends, and about $13,000 in debt!! Oh well. Maybe one day I will get this straightened out and be thinner.......

Jane, we all have moments of strength and weakness. You (and ME) are just going thru a hard time. Don't be hard on yourself! ....that makes you wanna chuck the whole thing! Just try to do better tomorrow. (((Hugs)))

***RECIPE ALERT***

I just posted in the Violet Recipe thread this delicious Mexican Style Goulash ... you must try it!!

Edited by TerriDoodle

I just updated my ticker....honesty sucks btw!!

Jane we are not failures.....slow learners maybe!!!

Will check out the recipe Terry---I am always on the lookout for something new....I get in a rut, and cook the same things over and over again it seems!

Kat

Good evening, Violets..

I'm back from Ash Wednesday services and dinner out with the Bobster. We split 3 appetizers and ended up bringing one home. I got some more tuna and soy nuts and mandarin oranges. Am I in a rut or what?? Actually it sounds like all of us are in a rut. It must be the 2 year blues. Jane.. you have to take a day at a time.. a meal at a time. Do you keep a journal?? I've found it to be a great help as far as writing how I feel, what I ate and what my life is like on a day to day basis. I'm on my third journal since being banded and it's great to look back and see how far I've come.

Kat.. redoing your ticker is like confession. It's good for the soul and now that you have said it, you own it and can deal with it. And see.. none of us chastised you because we're there too!!

I'm going to finishe watching CSI:NY and then head to bed. Ethan comes first thing tomorrow morning.

Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

Hey Girls,

Man the site was down again tonight...hate that! We went to mass (my school secretary and I ) tonight. It was nice. I did not give up chocolate but not for the failure part. I gave that up as a child...and wanted to do something more meaningful. For Lent, I am going to say a rosary once a week, go to confession during Lent, do something nice for someone once a week, and TRY to go to mass once a week. The last one is hard...I am very busy and sorry to say, Sunday's are not always good for me. But I am focusing this Lenten season on feeding my spiritual self.

Tomorrow after school, I am driving 80 miles to watch my disseration "buddy" defend her diss!!! I am soooo excited for her! Susanne is going w/ me, and my friend Janet has catered dinner...should be a nice party!

Have a great night!

oxxoox

Terry, that recipe looks good! I will try that one!

Oh yeah...the allergy test. I had 9 SERIOUS punctures...each one has 8 pricks. Hurt like HELL. She said, you are not allowed to complain with this big tattoo...but she went A LOT deeper than the tat! The test looks at 72 different things...I am allergic to EVERYTHING! Dog, grass, trees, etc. I have to have shots for now...2x a week for 2 weeks and then 1x a week for a year or more! Plus, I am having a "procedure" in my nose on the 10th! I am NOT HAPPY...but hate the idea of being sick again...I've missed a lot of work this year, and hat that!

Anywho..that is my story!

Morning gals

pms is hitting hard, i feel horrible, i just want it gone and i missed so much time from work that i can't take more time for obgyn.

oh well

Laura and Pamela, i was allergy tested before ds came along, same as you Pamela, everything, grass, dust, cats, dogs, trees and feathers... you name it, then got prego and they calmed down and knock on wood.. and are still there buy not nearly as bad as they were.

Well hopefully today is going to be a better eating day, going to get my hair done and then to meet my trainer tonight. She is going to have me doing free weights and using the ball... yikes! I hate the free weight area, mostly boys and cute girls

Then she is going to make me do 30 mins are cardio, i have not done a thing in months, Pray for me gals... lol

hope you all have a good day

Good Morn, Girlies~~

Another busy day! Besides the usual I'm taking dd BACK to the doc for a spirometry test for her asthma/breathing/coughing thing that's been going on for 2 months now (grrrrr... wish they'd figure it out!), then am helping w/ Book Fair set up @ Noon (at least I'm not in charge of it anymore... helping is much easier than RUNNING it!), then loads of work & maybe we'll go out to dinner tonight @ a chili / pool table place called "Hard Times Cafe" because they have FREE chili night tonight for everyone w/a purchase of anything... it's National Chili Day or something like that... so that fits my budget and sounds fun!

Make it a great one, sweethearts!