Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Snow day again here, of course I have no kids or reason to care, but it destroys business when it is bad outside.

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Tracyks, Sue's son said the shingles didn't really hurt him either, I wonder if it is different when you get it young!?

Susie, have strength!!!

Tracyk how are you doing???? I hope as good as can be expected with all you have going!!

Okay off to work!

Bye!!

Anyways I ran downstairs to find my son at 6am to make sure he knew the good news, called his name and he answers "what" in the tone of voice that says "why on earth are you bothering me with your incessantly nagging, annoying self first thing in the morning," so I said "with that attitude maybe I won't tell you." He said "fine then" and never even asked me what was up. I didn't tell him the news until he was all dressed and ready to walk out the door 40 minutes later. Jeeze, Louise . . . what is up with that . . . and am I a child as well for not telling him until he is ready to walk out the door???

I met my husband for an early lunch after school was cancelled. I told him what happened and how I was very annoyed. After all, if I wake up early . . . I can't fall back asleep when I am angry.

He laughed and then said "don't you think it might be partially your fault that he responded that way?" My first reaction in my head is "wtf, did something crawl up your but and die today too?" but actually said, "what do you mean by that?"

So . . . his reasoning is that the last several times I had to get up early and speak with my son before he leaves for school . . . it is because he missed the bus, or didn't wake up, or forgot some school supply that he desperately needs that very moment before school starts . . . which puts me in a bad mood, and I am definitely one of those people who thrives on solitude and peace, not to mention silence, in the early morning - not disruption and hassle.

So perhaps the "why on earth are you bothering me with your incessantly nagging, annoying self first thing in the morning" tone of voice occurs because I am in a pickle of a mood during that time of day when it is usually due to some minor crisis. I can't remember the last time I came down for a "good" reason. Being pregnant also isn't a mood enhancing experience, lol.

Perhaps he has a point :cursing:

There is still a part of me that despises Rick's voice of reason.....when it is against me, I refer to it as his voice of treason......it is especially irritating, that when it is something similar to what Heather is talking about---he used to let me know when I was baiting Manda! I admitted it and tried to learn. I really WAS responsible for some of her 17 year old smart ass attitude (imagine that!?) BUT when I try to discuss the same type of thing, like his original reaction with Abbey and the baby--he digs his heels in and is NOT changing! But to be more technically correct, he is not changing now....but he usually alters his reactions the next time. Men go figure them?! And I fully believe men, and include teenage and pre teen boys in that, DO have hormonal surges that hit them similarly to PMS.

I have always said they do!

I stayed up late watching TV---couldn't sleep, so slept in some this morning. Feel kinda blah.....

Mom and Dad want us to go in and have a late lunch with them. They go to a local restaurant that has a HUGE salad bar, and on Wed. they have shrimp and oysters on the salad bar. My Dad and Kinsey could eat their weight in shrimp! Thank heavens she is old enough to peel her own now!

But Dad has yet to make it back from his walk, so here we sit waiting....which isn't a big deal, we usually try to time it to get there after the work lunch rush.

It is cold here, but we are in the upper twenties now, and supposed to make it into the high thirties. The wind is blowing tho.....and no new moisture, so that is good. I would hate to hike to the road, we did that when we lived in Utah. But my neighbors didn't like me and would not help me (I was the wrong religion for them),so I was on my own when Rick would be out of town. It sucked soooo bad! I learned how to stockpile, and I would make some wierd things for myself to eat when he was gone! Usually self comforting things....which helped with my weight issues!

Anxious to see your tattoo Pamela!! I would have gone through with the violet tattoo I think had we all done it! Rick still asks me if I was the only hold out, I think he believes I used up all my bravery reserves on the river!! LOL

Like Haydee I would have gone with the top of my foot area!

Well I am going to go toast some coconut and pecans while I am waiting for my Dad to get home....stay warm everyone!!!

XOXO

Kat

Just back from taking Sis to the Doc's and shopping. I actually made it out of Wal-Mart without buying any candy. I did however buy 8 avocado's. I need them for gucamole for the super bowl.

Heather, I probably would have done the same thing. That story was too funny. Stand tough.

Susie, what time is the guac gonna be served? I'll be there...got any chips?

Kat, toasted coconut and pecans? yum...whatcha making?

Reading Sign of the Beaver...gotta boogey.

We are having a fish fry Sunday during the game. I thought guacamole sounded good for it.

Think maybe a pitcher of Margi's would also go good??????

Heather- Me & siblings were always little turds when parents woke us up. None of us are morning people, although I'm now the one having to wake up a grumpy husband every single morning.. anyway, we always yelled back at my dad when he woke us up with the "GO TO HELL" tone.

I just got to work, we had to stick around and wait for nursery furniture to be delivered.. and last night on my NEW CAR a tire blew out. I had my uncle look at it (I was on my way to his place for Wii Fit) and he said all my tires were bald and I had a nail in the one that is now shredded. So I took them this morning to get new tires.. ugh. Little pissed off the dealership didn't say anything when I bought them, and I am naive, I have no idea what a bald tire looks like.. so annoyed Russ didn't check it out, I pointed out the tire light was on when I bought it, but the dealership said it's cause it's cold blah blah.. and I told Russ and he just shrugged it off.

Anyway, so now that's done.. got into work. From sitting around my house, my allergies are so bad right now. I can't breathe!!

Did I tell ya'll we are going to Tunica this weekend for my birthday? Counting down the days! I think I said this last time, but this REALLY will be my last trip down there for a while. Russ & I use to go to Vegas for my b'day, past 2 years we've done Tunica. We're going with my parents, my dad is playing in a WSOP tournament this weekend.

I want a nap so bad! I had a Breakfast burrito from sonic and pb'd pretty much the whole thing.

Susie,

We are having a party on Sunday too. I am making margies (I have a ton of tequila and I want to get rid of it) and food...just don't know what yet. Was gonna make chili but it is supposed to be 77 degrees on Sunday. I don't want a mess, might go w/ hot dogs, etc. Fish fry sounds good!

Quote:

Hey... have you guys ever had "microwave fun" w/your peeps? Put 2 on a paper plate, stick a toothpick in each (like it's holding a jousting spear), then nuke them (I forget for how long...), but then they get really big & 1 pokes the other & it explodes! Too much fun!

Umm, you have way way WAY to much time on your hands sista! LMAO :cursing::lol:

Hi all! I am relaxing...been busy (but careful) all day packing. I just realized that I needed to jump on here and say hello.

TracyinKS-I feel SO bad for your ds! Poor baby!

I will get back on here later...take care!

Now that I think about it, I have been making guacamole almost exclusively with fish lately as well - usually salmon.

Since when did guacamole and fish go together? I don't know but it seems like a winning combination. I never make it with tacos, burritos or enchiladas anymore.

I like guacamole on pretty much anything. My favorite is like a greasy cheesy enchilada.. or greasy beefy taquito.. ho hum.

I like guacamole on pretty much anything. My favorite is like a greasy cheesy enchilada.. or greasy beefy taquito.. ho hum.

NOW you're talkin'! :bored:

Just cuz I love y'all, you can have my guacamole too. I make it for the family, Rick loves it, but I am allergic to avacados! The times I have had it, I have not had a serious reaction, but it breaks out the inside of my mouth in little Water blisters, and they said the allergy would likely get more severe the more I am exposed. So I avoid it.

I toasted coconut and pecans to mix into a streusel topping for a pie for my Dad. I made him a SF Dulce De Leche pie, and mixed the coconut with some Splenda brown sugar, flour, and butter to crumble over the top. He is borderline diabetic, and watches his sugar VERY closely. They usually have bible study at their house on Thursday, but someone had plans so they are having it tonight. When Mom does refreshments, she always makes sure he has something. So does the one couple they are such good friends with, but one of the other ladies always just bakes a cake, and then Dad has no goodies. So when he ask Kinsey and I to lunch, I thought I would make it up to give to him to take home and have tonight when everyone else has dessert. He was HAPPY! Said he doubts he will wait til tonight to taste test it though!

TracyKS, I had never heard of a child with Shingles either! Did he have the chicken pox ever? Or did he get the immunization? Makes me wonder if they are going to be more common among kids with the shot.

Kinsey has still never gotten her CP vaccination. Some time this year she will have to get it. They delayed ALL of her shots, she has gotten all the DPT ones I think it is---I am not sure how it is, I do know it is with the blessing of her pediatrician, and that the plan is to start the immunizations on a schedule as soon as she reaches 35 pounds.

Well I guess I will go haul in some wood, it is cold out! I could be lazy and let Rick do it, but WTH, I guess exercise won't kill me......

Kat

Hey looks like they are admitting Manda to the hospital. The infection in the gland is leaking and into the ear, and they are concerned about the aggressiveness of the infection, and the proximity to her brain. So she will be in with IV antibiotics.

This is 3rd party relay through my Mom, she called with the news and Kinsey and I were out getting wood. So now I am just sitting waiting for them to get her a room, so we can go up. Til then I don't want to have Kinsey hanging out in the ER--which is where they are admitting her through.

I will have a better idea what exactly is going on after talking to her myself.

So I will check in as I can. I will have Kinsey with me.

Say a prayer if you would!

Kat

Good evening, Violets. I'm done with rehearsals for the day and I got my hair cut and colored so I'm a screamin' blonde again.

Kat.. prayers for Manda. It's good that she is where she can get the agressive treatment.

Sure is COLD here still, but no new snow. Sounds like you got hit pretty hard, Michelle and Jenn.

Piehole report for today.

Breakfast: 1 egg with 2 slices swiss cheese

Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna with orange segments and soy nuts

Snack: strawberries and cream buzzed in Magic Bullet 4 whole wheat crackers 2 with peanut butter

Dinner: 1 small caesar salad with dressing on the side 1/2 bacon bbq burger without the bun

2 liters water

Everyone have a good evening. Ethan comes tomorrow morning so the Wii will get a good workout!