Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Oh and I did clean out DH's closet while he was playing golf (he actually said 'thank you'!!) and moved furniture today...so I guess I did get a bit more exercise than I thought. :w00t:

Today was fun.. heh. Russ' bro is in town with his latest g/f. Russ sprung that on me when they were on the way, so we had a huge battle last night about him letting a g/f we don't know come--a g/f who has to be crazy to be dating one of his brothers. Today she and I talked while the guys played games.. his bro is younger than us, 22 I think. This girl kept saying things like 'My oldest is 9" --so she has 1 kid.. then "My youngest is 2"--oh 2.. ends up she has 3. And she's not divorced officially. Not even going to go there.

She's nice, but she has stayed drunk (like his bro) since they got here, and as a sober pregnant woman they annoy me quite a bit--lots of nervous rambling about things I don't care about and people I don't know, but I had to keep smiling and laughing.

Anyway, went grocery shopping.. ugh. I start out good, with my good shopping list and good intentions.. but then the hershey bar cries for me, as well as donuts--I did pass on the donuts, but that's the only thing! I know I will eat a whole box of donuts at once, so I don't get them.. but I did get hersheys, and strawberry shortcake ingredients, and a chocolate dipped strawberry from the bakery, and a chocolate dipped/iced/cookie from the bakery.. woops, they slipped into my buggy!!

Anyway, I'm counting the days till I get my band filled. I always said, I don't feel like my band is a tool necessarily, because for ME it was doing ALL the work.. and I find that to be so true now that my restriction has lax days. It gives me an inch and I take a mile.

Of course you guys are more than weight loss friends, hell I don't even think about our weight loss when I come here to talk to you guys, unless someone brings it up. I come to read about what's going on in your lives, and to ramble about mine. When something major happens, I can't wait to come tell you guys about it! Love my V's, and thank God for the band for more than just the weight loss but also for introducing me to you guys!!

I took the lamp I bought today for the nursery--it didn't match the set, but it was jungle babies so it was close.. well I re-did the lampshade today (painted & decoupaged pictures from leftover wallpaper border) and re-painted the base.. so it matches now! It didn't turn out as cute as the wall hangings did, but it works. The original lamp has cute baby elephant and lion figurines on the brown base, with a leopard print shade.. I made the base & shade a pale green with the decoupage pictures on top. I'll take a pic tomorrow and show ya'll. Tomorrow we do the cookout at my parent's for all our birthdays.. woohoo.

I won't tell you my evil piehole reportings, it may make you keel over, especially if 2 french fries is evil. But I had chicken fingers & french fries for lunch..and tilapia and a baked potato for dinner.< /p>

Glad no one was offenden by Vi's picture...it was too purple to pass up!!! LOL...

I think has far as the weight thing goes, it's a journey...you have to think of it as a lifestyle change...we didn't gain the weight overnight, and it won't go away overnight either...learning process....I still go to Weight Watchers every week...I need the accountability and support...the last month I have been up and down...down another 1.2 today...but was up 2.0 last week, and 3 lbs two weeks before...I think for January I am still up 1/2 lb or so...I did win a 3 month membership to a hospital health and fitness center, so I have just been able to really start doing that...and as long I am not working, I may as well take advantage of it...going to try to commit to go every day next week...and actually try a class or 2...instead of just doing treadmill...anybody have any suggestions...I thought I heard someone say they do Zumba..I also have never done yoga or Pilates so I might try that...they also have a AiChi which is like Tai Chi but in the water...

Anyway, have a good night..talk later!

Good evening, Violets..

I'm back from dinner out with my lapbanded friend. She made a jumbalya kind of Soup that was very good. She made rice and kept it separate so I didn't need to deal with it. She made corn muffins and I skipped them. They had strawberries and ice cream for dessert and I just had the strawberries. Other than that I had some tuna salad with mandarin oranges and soy nuts and some frozen strawberries whipped up in my magic bullet with some heavy cream and splenda. I did some bowling on the Wii today and about 5 minutes on my gazelle. I was just lazy today. The Bobster leaves for out of town again tomorrow so I have no excuse not to do some serious exercise.

I'm so anxious for the scale to be down below 173. That will be my lowest since being banded. I think I was down to 170 for one day, but jumped right up after that. And kept going, unfortunately. I'm so glad I did the 5 day pouch test. That's what got me back on track. I don't know why.. maybe I was just ready for it.

Suzie.. the sweater looks great!!! Love the colors..

Laura... I dreamed about putting wallpaper borders up last night and then eating some rich, gooey dessert. As long as I keep it in my dreams, I'm fine. lol And FYI.. the border didn't stick on the wall in my dreams either!!!

Off to bed and then church in the morning. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

I'm up very early for a Sunday morning! I had a bad dream and it just disturbed me! I dream almost every night about my Mom...and in this one she was needing some very serious surgery and i was so sad and scared for her.

Also my son's girlfriend had to put her 9 month old Great Pyranees to sleep last night because he was having multiple seizures that they could not get under control. :w00t: He was such a beautiful dog and they are so, so sad. Isn't that horrible? (I'll post a pic at the end of what that breed looks like - they are just so gorgeous and so sweet.)

Laura - You always have the most interesting stories! LOL So how old is this chick? She's 22 with a 9 year old???? Huh?? Sounds like a real winner! It's amazing that you and Russell turned out so normal and responsible! Ya'll are like the 'black sheep' in your families!

Guess I'll try to go back to sleep.......

Laterz.

great_pyrenees.jpg

Edited by TerriDoodle

Good Morning, Violets..

Not much to report except to say hey. I'm up getting ready for church. The Bobster leaves today for his overnight trip and I will be lazy this afternoon. I'll take my nap and then try and get some reading in. I have yet to crack my new Stephen King book.

Everyone have a good day...

That's a beautiful dog, Terry. So sad when one has to be put down.

Up and checking in.

Have a great day and make good choices.

Mornin' ladies-

I think I will put the scales away for a while. I normally need them for accountability but my weight is all I ever think about anymore so I do not think I will need them for right now. I think they may be depressing me more than anything. I am going to put them in a box for the move and then take them out when we actually move Friday...or maybe I will leave them in the box until Saturday. Lemme just put it this way, I won't be in a hurry.

Pamela-I noticed you hadn't posted but

I was gonna give you til today to post before I found you to kick your butt! lol

Have a great day everyone, make good choices.

LOL Judy! Wall border should come with a disclaimer.. May cause insanity & nightmares!!

Here's the lamp:

lamp.jpg

Before & After. I think it turned out decent enough, Russ really likes it he keeps compliment it.. aw.

Terry, she is 30, his bro is 22 LOL.. They just left, and I went to get pancakes from Guthrie's down the road and they're closed on Sundays! Arrr.. so now I'm googling pancake recipes.< /p>

Ahhhhhhh back from church and now free for the rest of the day.

Laura... the lamp is very, VERY cute!! Carson has a talented mommy..

Tracy.. the scale can be your best friend or worst enemy. My numbers were up a pound today, but I know I'm eating right and getting some exercise, so I'm not going to sweat it. I'm going to wait til next Sunday to weigh in again and give the good eating a chance to show up. I can't believe how much better I feel and how much better my clothes fit with just those 10# gone. I put on panty hose today and they stayed in place.. no sudden rrrrrrrrrrrroll downs at the top.

Piehole report

Breakfast: 1/2 cup ham salad with mandarin orange segments and soy nuts

Lunch: 1 cup Russian Soup minus the potatoes

Few bites of the Bobster Mongoglian beef

1/2 tiny spring roll

1 liter water

I'm going to make it my mission to clean out the "gym" upstairs and do some exercising today. We have luggage strewn all over from the last few trips and odds and ends on the floor, so once that is cleaned up, it will be easier to work my glider and elliptical.

Off to help Bob pack for his trip. Everyone have a good afternoon.

Laura, The lamp turned out wonderful. Good Job.

I'm up.....and all my parts are covered! Wouldn't callit dressed, cuz they are jammie pants--but it was enough to cover me so I could go out and get the paper!!!

Lamp is great Laura!!

Manda just redid Kinsey's room.....the way Kinsey wanted it for the first time! Kinsey found a comforter she wanted, it is light purple with Monkeys and stars all over it, she loves monkeys. So when they made their move, she bought it and did Kinseys room up in it, and left her old set, on her bed, and her room in tact at her Daddy's.

She took a set of purple rope lights, and went around behind the frame of a picture she bought that had monkeys swinging on stars. The frame she put it in, flares out, so the rope lights are behind it, and cannot be seen but they cast a glow---and she uses them in place of a night light. Then last week we were in the mall, and she saw these monkeys in the dollar store----long skinny ones whose arms velcro at the hands so they hang. They had them in all shades of pink and purple for Valentines Day I guess. So she bought a variety of the purple, lavender, and brown ones, and then bought cheap ivy vines, and hung them across the ceiling with monkeys hanging on them. She had put the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling when she bought the picture----so now in the day you see the monkeys and at night the stars!

Her apt. had light purple curtains already hung in the room Kinsey has! Manda added a roll up shade, that she had fabric glued a couple of monkeys to. So it is pretty cute, and Kinsey thinks she did it herself--because she picked out all the components!

We were going to go to the movie today and see the Benjamin Button movie finally--but I looked and saw where tomorrow it is the Monday Dollar movie--so figured WTH I will save the money and we will go tomorrow, he is off both days! So today I think is going to find me snugged down in the recliner with a book....mmmmmm

We have leftover chicken enchiladas so I don't even plan to cook! Wellllllll as I typed that I thought if I save the leftovers for tomorrow I won't have to cook after the movie---or before depending on when we go. So maybe I will make something simple today.

Rick needs me to go help hold something he is hanging in the shop---------so will catch y'all later!

Kat

Laura, that lamp is so cute!!! You are sooo creative! That is the wallpaper border?!?! Amazing!! You could sell those! Cuter than the original!!!!!!

I am watching Extreme Terror Rides on the Travel Channel. I love roller coasters!! I can't do them anymore because of brain surgery issues, but I have always loved thrill rides. They are talking about bungee jumping right now, has anyone here Bungee jumped? I think that would be soooo fun!!!!!!

I woke up this morning to snow!!! There was no talk of it, but here it is!! So pretty!! I am sure Judy is over it, but we really haven't had any.

Tracyks and Suzie, I feel another road trip to K.C.!!!! When are you free???

Terry love the pic you posted of the dog. That is such a weird decision to put an animal down. Hope your dreams are getting better. Maybe think of your Mom in a garden or beautiful flowers and butterflies and force your dreams to get better. I very seldom ever remember my dreams, so it is easy for me to say!!

Pam, that is sooo cool about your appointment!!! What exactly is your new title, and what do you want to do with it in 20 years?

Hi, Kat, I am going to work on my budget today!! Wish me luck!!

Are you having a good weekend Mae, Haydee, Michelle, MO, Jennifer, Gina, Denise, Carson, and Ayla!!

TracyK, I want to come help you pack!!! I think having to move is one of those necessary evils in life!!! If we could get all the violets together to help you would be done in a snap. Actually, probably not, we are probably better at drinking and talking and laughing, and eating and........not working!!! Hugs and special thoughts to help you!!!!

Hey Gang~

Jane, I think the title would be Human Rights Commission, Board of Directors. In 20 years, I want to be happy and healthy. Whatever else comes my way, well, we will see. I would love to get more involved w/ city politics. We will see!

I love the lamp Laura! Kat and Judy, I am jealous of curling up w/ a book. Soon, very soon...guiltless reading! For now it is grad papers, dissertation (should get the feedback today, she emailed last night said she was getting ready to read mine), and now the Brown Act and City bylaws sitting on my other computer...all waiting for my attention.

I have already graded 10 papers, and posted 5 weeks of assignment summaries. Plus, made a big Breakfast for Sus and the inlaws...oh yeah...When I pb...I go ANYWHERE except the toilet. I can't imagine puting my cute face near the toilets. Usually I pb in the sink, and run the disposal w/ soap. Well, there we all were, and I had no where to go pb the eggs...so I go out front and do it in the yard. LOL...was easier then spitting and carrying on in front of people. In resturaunts, I go in the sink (if I can) or the trash. OOOOO the tales!!!

OK...gonna go look if more papers were submitted. Sus has a double header today, so I want to get as much done as possible before we go!

xoxooxxo